Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AlloverthefloorYesNdidi

Thorgan Hazard

2 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

Chuck Mahrez salary at him and they won't be able to compete.

He's the best replacement we can get imo.

Agreed, I can't believe we're not in for him. Perhaps he's already told us he's not interested.

6 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

Chuck Mahrez salary at him and they won't be able to compete.

He's the best replacement we can get imo.

Champions league Valencia whose owner is worth about 2 billion? 

Just now, Finnegan said:

Yeah that confused me. I don't know what some people think we are these days.

Bloody Watford can compete with us for wages.

• Like 2

Just now, OhYesNdidi said:

He wouldn't be the replacement. Hopefully he'd be one of two or three to be able to replace Riyad. 

I think it's highly unlikely we'll be getting more than one attacking player to replace Mahrez, unless in fact we sell Gray, albrighton etc.

We're after a no.10 who's a bit tall I personally think, and looks like we have cooled 'interest' with hazard, ben arfa etc which says a lot.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I'm pretty sure our highest earners are on more than their highest earners. 

Happy to be corrected.

Don't know how up to date this is.

3A4FBFFF00000578-3930658-image-a-15_1478994482732.jpg

Edited by Stevosevic

3 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

I'm pretty sure our highest earners are on more than their highest earners. 

Happy to be corrected.

Don't know how up to date this is.

3A4FBFFF00000578-3930658-image-a-15_1478994482732.jpg

Our average wage being higher than theirs =/= not us being able to out spend them on an individual. 

Plus, theirs is an improving situation, ours isn't. 

Additionally, money is not everything. Again, they're in the Champions league and look like they'll be a regular fixture for the foreseeable as well. We'll not get back in any time soon. 

8 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

I think it's highly unlikely we'll be getting more than one attacking player to replace Mahrez, unless in fact we sell Gray, albrighton etc.

We're after a no.10 who's a bit tall I personally think, and looks like we have cooled 'interest' with hazard, ben arfa etc which says a lot.

Both of them have been shown up this season & im not sure either of them are good enough. We will get £60m from Riyad so I'd expect all that to go back into his replacement. 

As people have said we have to be looking at as close to a Riyad replacement as possible and throw money at it. Lets be honest surely we had a budget of around 60-80 this summer before any sales. Once Mahrez goes that puts us at (roughly at 120-140m) take away the Pereira fee were still looking at 100m surely? When you think we're looking at Grealish and Evans I really hope we are looking at a big signing to fill the gap of Mahrez, fans will have twitchy bum time every game otherwise. Gray and Diabette are not the answer Yet. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, OhYesNdidi said:

Both of them have been shown up this season & im not sure either of them are good enough. We will get £60m from Riyad so I'd expect all that to go back into his replacement. 

we'd be in dream land if they used the money on the replacement, but I suspect Puel is gonna be told to focus on developing the attacking players we already have, and perhaps aim for a improving the defence as a first priority. 

15 minutes ago, StevieB said:

As people have said we have to be looking at as close to a Riyad replacement as possible and throw money at it. Lets be honest surely we had a budget of around 60-80 this summer before any sales. Once Mahrez goes that puts us at (roughly at 120-140m) take away the Pereira fee were still looking at 100m surely? When you think we're looking at Grealish and Evans I really hope we are looking at a big signing to fill the gap of Mahrez, fans will have twitchy bum time every game otherwise. Gray and Diabette are not the answer Yet. 

I think it's very much possible we have a budget of say £80m, but if the right players aren't available I think they'll settle spending a lot less, and perhaps revaluate in January.

1 hour ago, StevieB said:

There's also the probability of some other players leaving this summer or by January the latest - I can think of Benalouane, Slimani, Musa, Ulloa, Morgan, King, Jakupovic, Fuchs (MLS in January) and potentially Okazaki (Japan this summer or MLS in January).

That could free up up to another £50m to £55m.

Edited by MC Prussian
  • Like 2

shaqiri was bought into stoke to take them on another level from mid table.  Instead they had two scraps with the bottom resulting in relagation.  He's the type of player that belongs at QPR when they were signing so called big names.  We can do better ie hazard or ousmane dembele on a season loan

20 minutes ago, Heymister2015 said:

shaqiri was bought into stoke to take them on another level from mid table.  Instead they had two scraps with the bottom resulting in relagation.  He's the type of player that belongs at QPR when they were signing so called big names.  We can do better ie hazard or ousmane dembele on a season loan

To be fair I think it was the quality of the rest of the Stoke squad and horrendous management that took them down - bit unfair to pin the blame on Shaqiri, especially as he contributed 8 goals and 7 assists last season.

45 minutes ago, Heymister2015 said:

Sorry but this is nonsense. The stoke team he had around him was woeful! To get the goals & assists that he did in that side in my eyes is almost as impressive as Riyad’s figures for us last year.

Talking about Shaqiri though, I would be very surprised if West Ham don’t make a move for him. Especially if Man U make a move for Arnautovic.

Edited by Bluearmyfox28

I'm pretty sure that Thorgan will be playing at KP on the 1st August.

He'll probably be in the Valencia squad in the friendly.

43 minutes ago, NasPb said:

Are you deluded????? 

Probably but watched him twice and didn't impress me in either game at all . Maybe i saw his only 2 poor games , i don't know , but it hardly fills me with optimism.

2 minutes ago, woznotwos said:

Probably but watched him twice and didn't impress me in either game at all . Maybe i saw his only 2 poor games , i don't know , but it hardly fills me with optimism.

He is quite the talent. I follow him heavily