Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Fan-made football kits that are arguably better than the real thing

Football kits have come a long way since the classic block colour shirts that Pele wore for Brazil or Bobby Charlton wore with England. It seems contemporary fashion is now at a stage where designers are happy to take risks to create the next big style.

Footballers clearly like their fashion – look no further than Neymar’s casual swagger or Hector Bellerin’s wardrobe ensembles at 2018’s Men’s London Fashion Week – but it could be argued they aren’t looking as trendy on the pitch as they are off it.

Classic shirt collector and friend of BBC Three, Neal Heard, said, “football shirts, like everything, move with the times,” however arguably the biggest change to Arsenal’s 2018 shirt is the addition of collars to the neck. “Let’s go back to making some more noise with shirts,” Neal told us in 2016.

Football fans from around the world have been taking matters into their own hands by designing their own daring and flamboyant football kits, and we spoke to some of the leading players in the field.

Continues here with examples

http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcthree/article/fc5ce1c6-6272-42d6-8ae9-d003ad84f588

14 hours ago, the fox said:

apart from the barca one, i liked all of them. 

this is my fav :nigel:

DD9xZV0XYAEI9i8.jpg

I like the concept if not the execution, same as the Juve Nespresso one, what makes football shirts so ugly is the way sponsors logos are just slapped on.

The King Power logo doesn't look too bad, but then slapping a purple sleeve logo on a black kit looks awful. Incorporating the logo into the design will look much better, but may mean the logo doesn't stand out as much which will upset sponsors.  The premier league badge also looks shit on a lot of kits, they missed a chance with the re-brand to give teams colour options, so Man U's PL badge could be red lion on black, Arsenal and Liverpool red on white, Chelsea and Leicester blue on white. Then the champions get a gold one, but gold on the background colour they want.