Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Evington Fosse Fox

FFS Kasper (and Stowell!!

Has a bad game every now and then, that was one of them. It used to be more frequent but he's usually a bloody good keeper who showed what he's about the year we won the League and especially in the Champs League.

Not a Captain though, missing Westley

he has definitely regressed this season, but even by this seasons standards he had a nightmare today, 4 of the 5 goals were soft, and he made some stupid decisions.

I think their 4th goal (might have been 3rd) he didnt like the pass he got, so seemed to make a point by making a shit clearance, and then they scored from it, he didnt need to do what he did there.

4 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

I love Kasper best goalie I've ever seen in my 30 years supporting city. I can't understand why some people would want to get on his back. The only explanation I can think of is your thick as dog turd and base your opinions on one game not the previous 7 years of consistancy and brilliance.

Casey Keller, Tim Flowers, Kevin Poole anyone??!!

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, LacosteGwyn said:

Casey Keller, Tim Flowers, Kevin Poole anyone??!!

4 minutes ago, Vestan Pance said:

:thumbup:Fulop and Walker were in that League too. 

All good, but Schmeichel surely trumps them all. I mean Fülop... really? Nostalgia distorts again.

When Ederson hit that cross ball from the flank to his defender on the other side the commentators were lapping it up and they loved it in the analysis. Did anyone else think that it was really stupid and high risk?  If any dispossession had happened (which wasn't too far off from happening) it would have meant a certain goal.

As for Kasper, checked his stats and he was in the 40%s for pass completion where Ederson was nearly 90. Sums it up really. 

Edited by Collymore
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Collymore said:

When Ederson hit that cross ball from the flank to his defender on the other side the commentators were lapping it up and they loved it in the analysis. Did anyone else think that it was really stupid and high risk as if any dispossession (which wasn't too far off from happening) would have meant a certain goal.

As for Kasper, checked his stats and he was in the 40%s for pass completion where Ederson was nearly 90. Sums it up really. 

I think the comparisons with Ederson are unfair. Man City base their game around possession, Ederson will be relentlessly coached into playing a certain way, their players move into space to receive passes. Schmeichel has had years of being coached on thumping it long, playing it out wide to a winger and hitting it downfield in the air.

I'm not defending his kicking for the third and fourth goals but to be a good possession-based goalkeeper you need the players on board. We have quite a static team when Schmeichel has the ball so his options are quite limited.

His kicking quality has regressed over the years (used to be a real strength) but he needs more than three months coaching to evolve after six years of a certain and vastly different way of playing. Maguire and Dragovic appear to want the ball more than previous defenders which should help.

• Like 1

His distribution is shite, always has been. If we want to play football then we need a goalkeeper that can actually pass because Kasper constantly gives the ball back to the opposition.

Other than that, no worries, he's a very good shot stopper. But it's about time we had some competition for him.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

His distribution is shite, always has been. If we want to play football then we need a goalkeeper that can actually pass because Kasper constantly gives the ball back to the opposition.

Other than that, no worries, he's a very good shot stopper. But it's about time we had some competition for him.

That’s the difficulty to get competition we need an equally good if not better keeper, can we bring in someone better than Kasper maybe not?