Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Evington Fosse Fox

FFS Kasper (and Stowell!!

3 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

That’s the difficulty to get competition we need an equally good if not better keeper, can we bring in someone better than Kasper maybe not?

Yes. Without doubt there will be a goalkeeper as good as/if not better. We club has resources to scout Europe and probably most of the World. Even if you think PL goalkeepers, you look at someone like Butland who plays in front of a shit defence and may get relegated this season.

Man City went and got Edilson from Portugal and he's the best in the league.

Edited by Fox92

21 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

His distribution is shite, always has been. If we want to play football then we need a goalkeeper that can actually pass because Kasper constantly gives the ball back to the opposition.

Other than that, no worries, he's a very good shot stopper. But it's about time we had some competition for him.

Its why I hoped we went in for Pickford.

Kasper won't be picked up by anyone in a better position than us and we're not in any great hurry to sell.

I'd drop him for the Stoke game to be honest.

2 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Yes. Without doubt there will be a goalkeeper as good as/if not better. We club has resources to scout Europe and probably most of the World. Even if you think PL goalkeepers, you look at someone like Butland who plays in front of a shit defence and may get relegated this season.

Man City went and got Edilson from Portugal and he's the best in the league.

I agree with what you are saying but these keepers the likes of Edilson play for a Champions League Club, I cannot see us bringing in a first choice keeper from a Top 4 club respective from a European League. 

The likes of Butland in the premier league are decent, they have potential to grow. But they will command a big fee.

Maybe we should hire a decent goalkeeping coach. 

Bloke saved two penos in CL knockout tie lads c’mon he needs more respect.

As for yesterday in my mind Puel definitely told him to play like that as the plan was to play three at the back so there was always an option to pass to. Course when we went back to a back four second half it all went tits up.

17 hours ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

He had a bad game, shit happens. Still our best option IMO and I’ll back him to the hilt. He’s saved our ass so many times. He’s having a dip in form and it happens to all players. Get behind him and give him our full support.

He is our best option but it's ok to say he's having a bad season. 

1 hour ago, Bob Hazels shorts said:

We are not good enough to tip tappy the ball out of our area against a team like Man City. Kasper was dropped in the crap a few times and has joined in this unnecessary attempt at possession near our goal. Man City just waited for us to lose it

I know his kicking has come into question mainly due to his assist for Aguero and I agree he was put in an awkward position (Still should have done alot better mind) but it runs deeper than that his basic goal kicks are diabolical.

The ball retention of Man City is impressive and I can see why people are raving about them but I can't be the only one who finds it dare I say it, very boring to watch surely? If i'm honest I don't want tippy tappy out from the back, however what I do want is for him to be able to take simple goal kicks without it going out for a throw in 3 or 4 times out of 5.

He went through a very short spell of being able to kick straight, down the middle but soon revert back to kicking it into touch the majority of the time, I can't believe under how many managers have we had whilst he'd been our number 1 that every one of those managers has instructed him to do that, it must be his choice, his inability. I understand perhaps kicking out wide using our wingers but he just can't do it.

Edited by Matt

My concern is less that he’s having an off year and letting in the occasional shocker, as that his play seems to be gradually getting worse.  His shot stopping, usually his strength, is less and less consistent.

Thus I think the club must face the fact they need to acquire a young, potential first choice and open the #1 to competition this summer.  At Kasper’s age, one expects he will bounce back.  But that’s not a safe enough bet for the club to make.  Jaku apparently can’t sniff that “ready for #1” role, so needs replaced with a real option who has the qualities to develop into a top keeper.

• 1 month later...
On 10/02/2018 at 19:23, Izzy Muzzett said:

He had a bad game, shit happens. Still our best option IMO and I’ll back him to the hilt. He’s saved our ass so many times. He’s having a dip in form and it happens to all players. Get behind him and give him our full support.

This is what happens when you blindly back someone who is clearly not cut out for the role ;)

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Rogstanley said:

This is what happens when you blindly back someone who is clearly not cut out for the role ;)

I see what you did there - very clever :thumbup:

FWIW I still back him, nothing blind about it. He's a mid table PL keeper in a mid table PL side. Yes he's cost us games but he's won us more than he's cost us. We'd struggle to replace him with anyone better unless you've got any suggestions?

• Like 1

Need a top number one asap. Just so overrated it's unreal. Do you ever get big clubs bidding for him? No. Wonder why.

Kasper isn't at the top end that we are trying to get to.

Poor from crosses and never seems to improve either. Gets no competition either. 

Really cost us tonight. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, peterborofox said:

Need a top number one asap. Just so overrated it's unreal. Do you ever get big clubs bidding for him? No. Wonder why.

Kasper isn't at the top end that we are trying to get to.

Poor from crosses and never seems to improve either. Gets no competition either. 

Really cost us tonight. 

So you're saying we should sign a goalkeeper who will be snatched up by bigger clubs?

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiight...

• Haha 1