Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Evington Fosse Fox

FFS Kasper (and Stowell!!

On 11/02/2018 at 12:22, Sharpe's Fox said:

Bloke saved two penos in CL knockout tie lads c’mon he needs more respect.

As for yesterday in my mind Puel definitely told him to play like that as the plan was to play three at the back so there was always an option to pass to. Course when we went back to a back four second half it all went tits up.

This is the exact sort of attitude that is music to schmeichel’s ears. He’ll still play week in week out regardless of how shite he is as an all round goalkeeper because he’s had some great games for us.

have you not noticed that he’s not discussed in the same conversation as Courtois, De Gea & Lloris? Because they’re actually good all round goalkeepers. 

Schmeichel is a good shot stopper. No one can argue with that. From open play.

He has so many weaknesses it’s untrue. But he will continue to be picked because his deputies are also very average.  

Direct free kicks, distribution, dealing with crosses, catching the ball. Cannot do any of it. 

We may not be able to find anyone better at shot stopping but I’m fairly confident I’d have done better with their second today. Horrendously overrated 

10 minutes ago, daddylonglegs said:

This is the exact sort of attitude that is music to schmeichel’s ears. He’ll still play week in week out regardless of how shite he is as an all round goalkeeper because he’s had some great games for us.

have you not noticed that he’s not discussed in the same conversation as Courtois, De Gea & Lloris? Because they’re actually good all round goalkeepers. 

Schmeichel is a good shot stopper. No one can argue with that. From open play.

He has so many weaknesses it’s untrue. But he will continue to be picked because his deputies are also very average.  

Direct free kicks, distribution, dealing with crosses, catching the ball. Cannot do any of it. 

We may not be able to find anyone better at shot stopping but I’m fairly confident I’d have done better with their second today. Horrendously overrated 

I don't entirely disagree with everything you're saying but don't really understand why you're worried about him being mentioned in the same conversation as top European keepers when we are not a top European club.

Edited by Manwell Pablo

1 minute ago, Manwell Pablo said:

I don't entirely disagree with everything you're saying but don't really understand why you're worried about him being mentioned in the same conversation as top European keepers when we are not a top European club.

The point I’m making is that he’s heralded at tomes as this class keeper because of a) some very very good performances and b) his surname. In reality he’s bottom 7 or 8 overall goalies in this league. 

He’s a shot stopper. Huth took control of the defence and basically controlled that box. Without him, he’s been exposed. 

He’s a good goalkeeper, however he has his limitations and has cost us games this year. Although, I’m not sure he’s any worse than the likes of Pickford, Bravo, Begovic etc, who are all in the most expensive GKs in the world.

We’re not going to go out and buy an Oblak, Donnaromma, Handanovic etc

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, daddylonglegs said:

The point I’m making is that he’s heralded at tomes as this class keeper because of a) some very very good performances and b) his surname. In reality he’s bottom 7 or 8 overall goalies in this league. 

this season yeah I’d not argue with that. But you don’t just pull the 11th best goal keeper in the premier league out of your arse it takes serious financial investment or very very good scouting. Committed scouting as far as GK are concerned as well as you can turn up to watch them five times and barely see them do a thing.

but that’s this season, personally think he’s a lot better then he’s shown this year. 

Tonight was a shame really, a few questionable kicks aside thought he played quite well but coming flapping for that cross was pretty unforgivable 

Edited by Manwell Pablo

I will avoid this thread for a bit.

Bad error for the.winner, but great double save from Morata earlier. 

Thought the cross from Kanté was pretty good and Pedro's movement to dupe Albrighton and untouchable Maguire equally so, but people need a scape goat.

• Like 4

shot stopping is good (most of the time - suspect positioning sometimes). 

everything else - abysmal and always has been.

every keeper makes mistakes but I get the impression from Kasper's general demeanour that he doesn't recognise most of his mistakes and seemingly never improves on them.

I mean - his kicking has been budget since day one - I've literally watched him kick at least 2 or 3 balls per game straight out for however many years he's been here.

he has been making more and more rash and hot-headed decisions recently. 

don't get me wrong - love his passion and he's been here forever so of course there's a soft spot BUT **** me, what the **** does he do in training all week, every ****ing week?

He needs a better back up to push him on. He’s had some absolute shockers this year but he’ll come through it, hopefully he plays a blinder from now till the end of the season to set up 7th place.

Edited by Costock_Fox

He's had a real shocker there - not sure if standing in the cold for 100 minutes went to his head or something but it was a costly error.

He looks a tad overweight as well but don't want to get on his case too much. Just a shame as we had worked so hard to get the equaliser.

I've never thought of Kasper as any better than average. He's been making the same type of mistakes without showing any sign of improvement. After rushing off his line he bottled it when  he could and should have got a block in.

It's easy to be wise after the event but Jackupovic hasn't been given a fair chance after some excellent performances for Hull. We need to give him a run in the Team if only to shake Kasper up.

Butland will definitely move this Summer, might be worth a shout.