Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Evington Fosse Fox

FFS Kasper (and Stowell!!

6 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

How will dropping him help his confidence?

I dunno. I'm not sure playing him and him dropping clangers will help either. Guy got beat in the air by the joint smallest bloke on the pitch.

Edited by lgfualol

Meh. What's done is done. He's not good enough to be snatched by the bigger clubs. Just good enough here.
Blame Kasper all you want (He shares the blame) but how did Pedro got free in that position in the first place?

Edited by the fox

20 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

He didn't. He made an error in coming out - he got beat by the ball being out of his range.

I need to watch again. Perhaps I am being a bit harsh on him, but he needs serious training on crosses. A lot of teams will try take advantage of his hesitancy.

10 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

I need to watch again. Perhaps I am being a bit harsh on him, but he needs serious training on crosses. A lot of teams will try take advantage of his hesitancy.

Don't get me wrong - it was a huge error. I just think it was the whereabouts of the ball that defeated him - any player would have beaten him in the air, regardless of their physical stature.

Get the ball if you come. He was miles off it. He also probably put the defenders off although chilwell was probably still watching the fat pigeon on the touchline rather than watching the game 

Edited by F1_AN
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

If he stays on his line he makes an easy save. Coming out so far you've got to make sure you're claiming the ball. He knows he made a mistake and that's that. 

Still, best keeper we've had for a very long time. People saying get rid - Any better options? 

11 hours ago, shen said:

I will avoid this thread for a bit.

Bad error for the.winner, but great double save from Morata earlier. 

Thought the cross from Kanté was pretty good and Pedro's movement to dupe Albrighton and untouchable Maguire equally so, but people need a scape goat.

And no one is allowed to say Maguire ever does anything wrong or you get accused of not being a fan. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, F1_AN said:

Get the ball if you come. He was miles off it. He also probably put the defenders off although chilwell was probably still watching the fat pigeon on the touchline rather than watching the game 

I think Schmeichel called for it, which is why our defenders turned into statues. 

• Like 1

On 11/02/2018 at 11:32, shen said:

All good, but Schmeichel surely trumps them all. I mean Fülop... really? Nostalgia distorts again.

You cant really have a go at Fulop.:mellow:

He was our arguably our best player while he played for us. Was a shame we couldn't hang on to him. May he RIP.

• Like 2

On 10/02/2018 at 19:23, Izzy Muzzett said:

He had a bad game, shit happens. Still our best option IMO and I’ll back him to the hilt. He’s saved our ass so many times. He’s having a dip in form and it happens to all players. Get behind him and give him our full support.

How dare you.  Round here we like to ignore years of service and match winning saves and focus on rare howlers.  We don't do it in a "he should have saved that" way we like to get offensive and personal, often using swear words.  Then if anyone defends the player we like to act as if they are being too wishy washy and happy clappy and we accuse them of not being realists.  Go home, snowflake.  X

Edited by RumbleFox
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Bert said:

If he stays on his line he makes an easy save. Coming out so far you've got to make sure you're claiming the ball. He knows he made a mistake and that's that. 

Still, best keeper we've had for a very long time. People saying get rid - Any better options? 

I don’t necessarily buy into getting rid but we need to buy a young goalkeeper with the real potential of becoming number 1. The problem is Kasper is too comfortable. As an example if Stoke go down buying someone like Jack Butland would really increase the competition - which is non-existent at this point. 

Buying somebody with the medium/long term aim of replacing Kasper in the next 18 months should be a priority. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

The lack of loyalty and respect to players who have delivered us easily the greatest period in our history is staggering.

It was only 10 or so years ago that Kevin Pressman was our number one.  Look how far we have come.

Now pick your dummys up, grow a backbone and stop crying like babies every time someome makes an individual mistake or a result doesn't go your way. 

Football and life is like that you don't win all the time and sometimes people make mistakes. Take it on the chin it will make you appreciate the good times even more when they come along and maybe you won't come across as spoilt, entitled babies on the internet.

Football isn't about compassion. It's about winning and teams have to keep evolving. 

Did United keep Bruce and Pallister for year after year? No, you say thank you and get in a better player. The great managers (whether it be Pasily or Clough or Fergie) are ruthless because they want to keep winning.

If any player is consistently costing us games then his position should be looked at, regardless of what he has achieved. Otherwise we're never moving forward.

Edited by Fox92
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, ultrafox said:

You cant really have a go at Fulop.:mellow:

He was our arguably our best player while he played for us. Was a shame we couldn't hang on to him. May he RIP.

5 hours ago, ultrafox said:

I see you are located in Copenhagen.

Seems patriotism distorts again! ;).

I don't think it's fair to conclude that my nationality is affecting my view of Schmeichel. I've been plenty critical of him in the past.

I was not having a go at Fülop, I agree with your sentiment of the time, but he was playing in arguably the worst Leicester team we've seen in decades.

You'd need to have a massive chip on your shoulder to not acknowledge Schmeichel's contribution to the club's recent successes and frankly, any comparison to Fülop who had half a season with us is a bit disrespectful.

6 hours ago, F1_AN said:

Yeah surely if you come you call so the defenders may have left it expecting kasper to catch or punch clear.

14 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

The lack of loyalty and respect to players who have delivered us easily the greatest period in our history is staggering.

This attitude will hold back the progress of the club imo. If we can improve, we should do, regardless of who loses out. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

This attitude will hold back the progress of the club imo. If we can improve, we should do, regardless of who loses out. 

indeed - people dropping the whole 'disrespect' line are full of shit tbh. 

it's not disrespectful to expect Kasper to improve on his distribution, stop kicking the ball out 2/3 times a match, stop being so hot-headed, etc. 

it's clear he needs to work on those things. we can still all like (maybe even love) Kasper but he has flawed aspects of his game that are costing us points.

nobody is suggesting we hang him from the rafters - just that he needs to improve. 

there isn't room for sentimentality in football any more apparently - and to some extent I agree - we need to improve and move forward and people will be discarded along the way.

we don't need to be ruthless and throw all memories and good will in the bin but we have a right to expect players to either keep progressing with us or we move on.