Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Evington Fosse Fox

FFS Kasper (and Stowell!!

10 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

indeed - people dropping the whole 'disrespect' line are full of shit tbh. 

it's not disrespectful to expect Kasper to improve on his distribution, stop kicking the ball out 2/3 times a match, stop being so hot-headed, etc. 

it's clear he needs to work on those things. we can still all like (maybe even love) Kasper but he has flawed aspects of his game that are costing us points.

nobody is suggesting we hang him from the rafters - just that he needs to improve. 

there isn't room for sentimentality in football any more apparently - and to some extent I agree - we need to improve and move forward and people will be discarded along the way.

we don't need to be ruthless and throw all memories and good will in the bin but we have a right to expect players to either keep progressing with us or we move on. 

the same people talking about disrespect with Kapser are the ones that abuse Andy King.

I don't think Kasper is good enough simply because he is still making the mistake he was making 5 years ago, I've said before I'd get rid of Stowell and get a top GK coach in but I think Kasper needs to go now, personally I'd play Jakupovic until the summer to see if we need one or 2 keepers in the summer and sign a new number 1 in the summer

• Like 1

Urgh, when will people understand there is a difference between saying "I think we need to upgrade Kapser" (which, by the way, I agree with) and "ffs Kasper you fvcking nob you should have saved that you cowardly wankshaftspazzwanging loser.  Pathetic".  When people on here defend a player it is usually because the criticisms are neither reasonable, constructive nor well informed not because they lack ambition as a fan or just blindly defend everyone.  I honestly hate myself and sometimes let my mind edge towards finishing it all in a whirlwind of blood when I read this forum.  And I include my own posts in that.  A right dullard little cvnt I am.  X

Edited by RumbleFox
  • Like 1

Wonder if Willy Cabby would fancy a spell in Leicester.He looked very good yesterday did Vardy coming off the line a couple of times dealt with the crosses and nearly kept our goal out

V good record on pens as well .

We could offer him a flat on the Saff and season ticket to Prince of Punjab plus some spending money.

He still has the same flaws in his game he had 5 years ago. Maybe it’s arrogance, maybe it’s poor coaching or maybe he just isn’t that good but he’s not going to improve now so at the very least we need to sign genuine competition for him in the summer.

1 hour ago, lifted*fox said:

indeed - people dropping the whole 'disrespect' line are full of shit tbh. 

it's not disrespectful to expect Kasper to improve on his distribution, stop kicking the ball out 2/3 times a match, stop being so hot-headed, etc. 

it's clear he needs to work on those things. we can still all like (maybe even love) Kasper but he has flawed aspects of his game that are costing us points.

nobody is suggesting we hang him from the rafters - just that he needs to improve. 

there isn't room for sentimentality in football any more apparently - and to some extent I agree - we need to improve and move forward and people will be discarded along the way.

we don't need to be ruthless and throw all memories and good will in the bin but we have a right to expect players to either keep progressing with us or we move on. 

This is one comment that annoys me, i'm sorry but have you tried pinging a dead ball 60 yards inch perfectly to the head of Ben Chilwell often? Its an art in its self even getting it as close as Kasper does.

Having played in goal for a long time at a half decent level it isnt easy! Yes he does get it wrong and yes thats all you may think he does all day and the comment "i could get paid 100k a week to kick the ball out of play" i hear constantly by me in the kop by some absolute douche bag 15 ish year drives me mad yes you can have an opinion but really have a think before you speak!

He is the best keep we have had in years but he does make mistakes just like everyone else. I dont see people barating Vardy for missing an absolute sitter? but Kasper makes an error and this happens!

22 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

This is one comment that annoys me, i'm sorry but have you tried pinging a dead ball 60 yards inch perfectly to the head of Ben Chilwell often? Its an art in its self even getting it as close as Kasper does.

I think you misunderstand my issue tbh mate - not a problem.

I understand that kicking with accuracy isn't something that I could just pop out there on the pitch and do - that's obvious, right. 

BUT so many of Kasper's misdirected kicks into the stands are because he doesn't take time to get it right. 

I'm not even talking about the quick hits to get the team moving on the counter - he literally ****s up kicks that he's had ages to line up.

It's been that way since he joined us - no matter what you say and what level of goalkeeping you've played at; I don't think it's unfair to question as to whether it could be improved upon.

It happens to Kasper with significantly more regularity than other top keepers and it isn't under pressure or in open play. It's from standing position with all the time in the world.

If he can't consistently keep it in play and hit a target out near the wings then he should aim to play it more central and at least give us a 50/50 chance of keeping possession instead of just giving it back to the opposition for a throw in. 

16 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

The lack of loyalty and respect to players who have delivered us easily the greatest period in our history is staggering.

It was only 10 or so years ago that Kevin Pressman was our number one.  Look how far we have come.

Now pick your dummys up, grow a backbone and stop crying like babies every time someome makes an individual mistake or a result doesn't go your way. 

Football and life is like that you don't win all the time and sometimes people make mistakes. Take it on the chin it will make you appreciate the good times even more when they come along and maybe you won't come across as spoilt, entitled babies on the internet.

Hahaha individual mistake, he accounts for 4 of the goals at Man City, very poor season for Kasper overall

6 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

I think you misunderstand my issue tbh mate - not a problem.

I understand that kicking with accuracy isn't something that I could just pop out there on the pitch and do - that's obvious, right. 

BUT so many of Kasper's misdirected kicks into the stands are because he doesn't take time to get it right. 

I'm not even talking about the quick hits to get the team moving on the counter - he literally ****s up kicks that he's had ages to line up.

It's been that way since he joined us - no matter what you say and what level of goalkeeping you've played at; I don't think it's unfair to question as to whether it could be improved upon.

It happens to Kasper with significantly more regularity than other top keepers and it isn't under pressure or in open play. It's from standing position with all the time in the world.

If he can't consistently keep it in play and hit a target out near the wings then he should aim to play it more central and at least give us a 50/50 chance of keeping possession instead of just giving it back to the opposition for a throw in. 

I actually disagree with this, we are a side that every kick from the keeper goes to the wingers/full backs rather than the striker - that means if he gets it a yard or two wrong then it goes out and he looks like an idiot. In games where we play Ulloa etc he kicks it centrally and you can get away with it being a few yards off as the player adjusts. 

Not saying his kicking has been good but there is a reason it looks so bad and that is because of the tactics we employ, most other clubs go centrally - but when we play Okazaki and Vardy that is pointless for us. It is noticeable when he kicks centrally as opposed to trying to get it right on the line for a flick on/win a throw in. Just look at Maguire (who is excellent on the ball) in the 1st minute yesterday. Instructed to ping it out to the wing, gets it wrong straight out for a throw in. Little room for error

There is no excuse for Schmeichel kicking the ball out of play as much as he does. I don't care if its difficult to get it right on Chilwell's head every time. We're not expecting Manuel Neuer level's, I'd just quite like it if when our keeper kicked the ball up the pitch it occasionally stayed between the white lines. Even if we lose the ball. 

9 hours ago, F1_AN said:

Get the ball if you come. He was miles off it. He also probably put the defenders off although chilwell was probably still watching the fat pigeon on the touchline rather than watching the game 

That was it! That fat pigeon in front of the East Stand cost us the game. 

Absolute bird's eye view for it though, and it walked up and down the touchline following play for 10 minutes. 

3 hours ago, shen said:

I don't think it's fair to conclude that my nationality is affecting my view of Schmeichel. I've been plenty critical of him in the past.

I was not having a go at Fülop, I agree with your sentiment of the time, but he was playing in arguably the worst Leicester team we've seen in decades.

You'd need to have a massive chip on your shoulder to not acknowledge Schmeichel's contribution to the club's recent successes and frankly, any comparison to Fülop who had half a season with us is a bit disrespectful.

Chillax...Dont take it so personally...i was just joking...and fyi...im half Hungarian...hence my interest in Marci.

Schmiechel is a top keeper no doubt about that ...despite yesterday's mistake Kasper will always be a Leicester legend.

1 minute ago, Lionheart10 said:

Just seen it again on TV,still can't believe he came for it,no reason!

He does seem to NEED attention which he demonstrates often by running half the pitch to contest a throw in decision...maybe he thought I can be the hero here. Obviously subconscious not a decision he thinks through 

20 minutes ago, Drew Peacock said:

That was it! That fat pigeon in front of the East Stand cost us the game. 

Absolute bird's eye view for it though, and it walked up and down the touchline following play for 10 minutes. 

Pawson's assistant 

Edited by TK95
  • Haha 1

tbf it's not Kasper's fault that it's been months since we scored more than 1 at home

Puel's first month or so in charge where he kept our counterattacking style, obviously flattered to deceive & now he's implemented his full tactics the goals have all but dried up & opposition only needs to score once to get a result

For months now, the concerns people had when Puel was being appointed, generally negative with no goals.... is proving true

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

This attitude will hold back the progress of the club imo. If we can improve, we should do, regardless of who loses out. 

I'm not saying we shouldn't improve the team if we can. Or that any players are above reasonable and balanced criticism it's just players like Kasper have done enough in the last 6 years to not have this level of harshness from his own fans.

As if people think we will find a better keeper than Kasper. 

His distribution has been worse than ever but strangely I think this might be down to Puel. He seems reluctant to take a touch, something he used to do. I assumed he’d been told to play the ball first time to get the play moving quicker. Could be wrong, but so many times I find myself bewildered by him making life harder for himself. 

He is a top keeper overall. People seem to forget the 1 on 1 he saved to keep us in the game before his blunder. 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 2

Think I'm a jinx. Same with Iheanacho. Soon as I start becoming convinced he's top quality he turns out a season like this. I remember arguing with Man Utd fans in the summer saying they could do worse to replace De Gea. How wrong I was.

He's had a pretty terrible season to be honest. I just hope he gets it back together. He's made so many errors it's unreal.

Who could we get that's any better? I'm not a huge fan but he's more than good enough for us. Even if Stoke were to go down Butland would still cost £20m I bet and whilst we have Schmeichel it's not worth that outlay for a keeper that's not overwhelmingly better.

• Like 1

On 3/19/2018 at 08:58, Bert said:

Still, best keeper we've had for a very long time. People saying get rid - Any better options? 

Very few... outside the top two or three keepers in the league there aren't any that don't make a good number of mistakes over a season. Look at Stoke last week, one of the most highly rated keepers in the league and the knocks the ball into his own net. Kasper makes relatively few errors compared to most.

• Like 2

Getting a lot of unfair criticism, yes he made an error but he’s still a great keeper, unfortunately for keepers any mistakes made often lead to conceding, it’s the equivalent of Vardy not scoring from the header vs Chelsea, both errors of judgment, both change the game.

Everyone makes mistakes.

Just now, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Getting a lot of unfair criticism, yes he made an error but he’s still a great keeper, unfortunately for keepers any mistakes made often lead to conceding, it’s the equivalent of Vardy not scoring from the header vs Chelsea, both errors of judgment, both change the game.

Everyone makes mistakes.

I think people saying he has had a poor season is very fair criticism 

• Like 1