Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Evington Fosse Fox

FFS Kasper (and Stowell!!

36 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

No it’s not, it’s unproductive and very tedious.

It's a fans forum of opinions, the feedback doesn't need to be productive, that's Stowell's and Puel's job. 

He's having a poor season is simply an observation. He'll know it himself.

On 19/03/2018 at 18:35, cc_star said:

tbf it's not Kasper's fault that it's been months since we scored more than 1 at home

Puel's first month or so in charge where he kept our counterattacking style, obviously flattered to deceive & now he's implemented his full tactics the goals have all but dried up & opposition only needs to score once to get a result

For months now, the concerns people had when Puel was being appointed, generally negative with no goals.... is proving true

Love how you keep trying to big up the fact it's been MONTHS since we scored  more than one at home.

We played 6 games since the new year. Scored 2 goals + in 2, games, played Chelsea in another, and scored once in the other three. 

Since new year our form sees us 7th in the form table, with one less goal than Man United and more goals than almost everyone from 6th down.

Should it be better, yeah it should because we wasted 51 shots at goal. The way you go on you'd think we were struggling to get into good positions or create any chances at all. 

Edited by Babylon
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Getting a lot of unfair criticism, yes he made an error but he’s still a great keeper, unfortunately for keepers any mistakes made often lead to conceding, it’s the equivalent of Vardy not scoring from the header vs Chelsea, both errors of judgment, both change the game.

Everyone makes mistakes.

Kicking the ball out for a throw in 14 times a game isn’t great goalkeepeing I’m afraid! 

He was amazing last season but been well below that standard this one! 

2 hours ago, Gerbold said:

So City supporters who admire Schmeichel for what he's done for the fans and the Club and defend him are "full of shit tbh". Nothing honest about that at all - it's insulting bullshit.

"People will be discarded along the way" - sounds like something out of an extremist propaganda film lol.

Not the same words OR the context in which I used them.

I seem to remember thinking you were one of the more intelligent posters on here but you've just made a huge post waffling on about something that I didn't actually say.

Nowhere in my post did I disrespect Kasper - just merely pointing out that despite his outstanding contributions and efforts since being here he still shouldn't be excused from criticism. 

You've had a mare tbh but I wouldn't want you to spit your dummy out any further so I'll forgive you, this time. :dry:

Edited by lifted*fox

1 minute ago, TheLittleBigMan said:

In his defence if we hadn't left kante with acres of space to deliver a good ball in we wouldn't have conceded either. We just don't seem to close the opposition down outside our box. It bugs me.  

I think that's more down to player error more than anything, for as long as I can remember Simpson and Morgan will always back off from their players in an attacking situation. So our right side always allows space.

17 hours ago, chapero82 said:

Kicking the ball out for a throw in 14 times a game isn’t great goalkeepeing I’m afraid! 

He was amazing last season but been well below that standard this one! 

Hmmm i wonder if Hugo Lloris, David De Gea, Ederson or even Manuel Neuer are available, we could sign 2 so we have good back up in case the first one can’t kick straight.

• Haha 1

I have faith in Kasper to provide the goods, looking ahead to next season. He's one of the best goalkeepers in the league (alongside De Gea, Courtois, Lloris, Cech and Ederson) and at age 31, reaching the prime of his career.

The problem I see is that we've had to reshuffle the back four multiple times, and that with several different permutations. That leads to a drop in communication, a drop in understanding between the goalkeeper and the defenders. Try to establish a routine under such circumstances, it's surely tougher. Which means that we'll continue to see more erratic performances from Kasper until May.

Once we've settled for a more established back four, things will improve for Schmeichel also.

On 10/02/2018 at 19:23, Izzy Muzzett said:

He had a bad game, shit happens. Still our best option IMO and I’ll back him to the hilt. He’s saved our ass so many times. He’s having a dip in form and it happens to all players. Get behind him and give him our full support.

Totally agree with you, people have short memories look back and see how many times Kasper has saved us. 

2 hours ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Hmmm i wonder if Hugo Lloris, David De Gea, Ederson or even Manuel Neuer are available, we could sign 2 so we have good back up in case the first one can’t kick straight.

Wow! So I can say he’s amazing last season but below that standard this season? 

All players can have an off season! Doesn’t mean we have to get rid though does it???

But I think he needs a rest! That’s what would happen to one of those keepers if they went off form! 

• Like 1

i think this thread is more proof that for FT there isn't a middle-ground - or there is a lack of ability to recognise middle-ground posts when they're made.

i can barely see any threads with people saying 'get rid of kasper' but I can see numerous posts saying 'people want rid of him? wtf?'. 

i'm happy with KS being our keeper - I fully appreciate the saves he makes and what he's done for us BUT at the same time he isn't exempt from criticism for his failings - of which he has a few.

it's middle ground. ****ing Gerbold lost the plot earlier accusing me of saying that Kasper's 'protectors' are full of shit. 

what I actually said is that people who say 'he can't be questioned because it's disrespectful' are full of shit.  

i'm not disrespecting KS - merely saying that there are areas he needs to improve on. and it's quite obvious to see that KS holds himself in high-regard (from his own body-language) and I think sometimes he can't see (or Stowell can't see) the issues that need work.

there's a major difference there but as usual people get all protective and spit their dummy out without reading the argument properly. 

7 hours ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

There will be affordable, realistic goalkeepers available that are better than Kasper. Get one in.

On 3/20/2018 at 17:57, Babylon said:

Love how you keep trying to big up the fact it's been MONTHS since we scored  more than one at home.

We played 6 games since the new year. Scored 2 goals + in 2, games, played Chelsea in another, and scored once in the other three. 

Since new year our form sees us 7th in the form table, with one less goal than Man United and more goals than almost everyone from 6th down.

Should it be better, yeah it should because we wasted 51 shots at goal. The way you go on you'd think we were struggling to get into good positions or create any chances at all. 

Some just believe Puel only plays dull football and nothing will change that.

1 hour ago, Gerbold said:

I don't want your forgiveness - keep it.

I'm intelligent when I'm posting what I feel are informative comments. I just occasionally 'lose' it when I read anything really provocative or insulting (in my estimation), yet I recognise subjectivity is always at work in any critique.

Dummy-spitting? Do you think I'm really that puerile? Think on.

Now this is what offends me:

"It's middle ground. ****ing Gerbold lost the plot earlier accusing me of saying that Kasper's 'protectors' are full of shit

what I actually said is that people who say "he can't be questioned because it's disrespectful, are full of shit"

I think I can ignore the first line. Apart from your tetchy "f**cking Gerbold" isn't "Kaspers 'protectors" (defenders?) pretty much the same, in the context of this thread, as "people who say "he can't be questioned because it's disrespectful, are full of shit"". Whatever hairs you're splitting they're incredibly fine. But, if there's a subtle or significant dissimilarity then clarify what it is, if you would.

You certainly are correct that you wrote the italicised quote - it's there for all to read. And that's what I really took exception to. I can read objective criticism - positive and negative - with equanimity. Sure, Kasper's performances can be questioned - that's what the Forum is there for -  to discuss Leicester City and its many aspects - especially the team.

But when the language used is both intemperate and pejorative, in this case towards those posters who support Schmeichel and feel he has done and is doing a tremendous job for City (such as myself), then it rattles my cage. It's immoderate, uncalled for and it's provocative. Maybe that's the way you express yourself normally - which I'd consider unfortunate.

This began because Schmeichel has been criticised for Pedro's goal. Yet he was left in an invidious position by certain of his team mates - against a small, agile, fast and adept forward. He also made a tremendous defence of the goal in the same game. However the 'mistake', if anyone could prove definitively that he was solely responsible for the goal, has, as usual, been used by a number of posters as an excuse to release their frustration and disappointment and the resulting anger, on his head. Some are subtle about it, as you, and others are vituperative. But actually he is both competent and proven and has been instrumental in getting City from the pits to the summit. I suspect he is a perfectionist and self-critical.

It happens every time a player is adjudged to be at fault for a goal or loss - the boot gets stuck in to the unfortunate guy. That's inevitable - just as it's inevitable that those of us who are more measured in our response will attempt to ameliorate the invective. But it wasn't so much your assessment of him - you took a low poke at your fellow posters.

Now in English please lollol 

• Like 1

I'm intelligent when I'm posting what I feel are informative comments. I just occasionally 'lose' it when I read anything really provocative or insulting (in my estimation), yet I recognise subjectivity is always at work in any critique.

"It's middle ground. ****ing Gerbold lost the plot earlier accusing me of saying that Kasper's 'protectors' are full of shit

what I actually said is that people who say "he can't be questioned because it's disrespectful, are full of shit"

I think I can ignore the first line. Apart from your tetchy "f**cking Gerbold" isn't "Kaspers 'protectors" (defenders?) pretty much the same, in the context of this thread, as "people who say "he can't be questioned because it's disrespectful, are full of shit"". Whatever hairs you're splitting they're incredibly fine. But, if there's a subtle or significant dissimilarity then clarify what it is, if you would.

You certainly are correct that you wrote the italicised quote - it's there for all to read. And that's what I really took exception to. I can read objective criticism - positive and negative - with equanimity. Sure, Kasper's performances can be questioned - that's what the Forum is there for -  to discuss Leicester City and its many aspects - especially the team.

But when the language used is both intemperate and pejorative, in this case towards those posters who support Schmeichel and feel he has done and is doing a tremendous job for City (such as myself), then it rattles my cage. It's immoderate, uncalled for and it's provocative. Maybe that's the way you express yourself normally - which I'd consider unfortunate.

This began because Schmeichel has been criticised for Pedro's goal. Yet he was left in an invidious position by certain of his team mates - against a small, agile, fast and adept forward. He also made a tremendous defence of the goal in the same game. However the 'mistake', if anyone could prove definitively that he was solely responsible for the goal, has, as usual, been used by a number of posters as an excuse to release their frustration and disappointment and the resulting anger, on his head. Some are subtle about it, as you, and others are vituperative. But actually he is both competent and proven and has been instrumental in getting City from the pits to the summit. I suspect he is a perfectionist and self-critical.

It happens every time a player is adjudged to be at fault for a goal or loss - the boot gets stuck in to the unfortunate guy. That's inevitable - just as it's inevitable that those of us who are more measured in our response will attempt to ameliorate the invective. But it wasn't so much your assessment of him - you took a low poke at your fellow posters.

I forgave you dude, you didn't need to go through it all again. 

I am in no shape / form a Kasper 'hater' - I don't want him to go; quite the opposite, I hope he's our #1 for some time. 

I just think that he should be open to criticism, as anyone should. He needs to better his distribution, the control of his area (irrespective of who's playing in front of him) and learn to calm down a bit instead of making rash decisions. 

It's really not unreasonable - he's had the same faults for as long as he's been here. Not quite sure how we don't see improvement in these areas, perhaps that's down to stagnant coaching. 

Anyway, I shall not withdraw my forgiveness, in fact I'll even issue a second one. You are forgiven, again. :cool:

I don't know how old you are Gerbold, but your vocabulary reminded me of the late Leonard Sachs, compare of the old TV show, The Good Old Days.   

4 hours ago, Gerbold said:

Didn't Kristen Wiig use that one in 'Paul' - you know, the one about the little, green hippy alien? If not and you're claiming copyright could I use it - excellent adjective?

The Forum would miss you - well me, at least ;). You're 'Likes' to posts ratio is the best I've seen (1.25 per post - and stats never lie). Dullard? - I think not.

Finally, someone noticed, I've been waiting for ages for someone to point it out.  I feel maybe some sort of award/ceremony is in order? X

• Like 1

On 20/03/2018 at 16:27, Babylon said:

Very few... outside the top two or three keepers in the league there aren't any that don't make a good number of mistakes over a season. Look at Stoke last week, one of the most highly rated keepers in the league and the knocks the ball into his own net. Kasper makes relatively few errors compared to most.

He was great for the two previous seasons.

Not this one though.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, RumbleFox said:

Finally, someone noticed, I've been waiting for ages for someone to point it out.  I feel maybe some sort of award/ceremony is in order? X

Impressive stats to be over 1 per post, you must be the only one that doesn't like you on FT lol

• Like 1