Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ross-Kemp

V The Blades - Match thread

Ben Chilwell best player in the first half.

We were decent but need to move the ball quicker.

Simpson and Morgan are movement killers. Mahrez and Gray need to mix quick passes with their dribbling.

Vardy should have put the chip away.

Can see us scoring in the second half. ;) 

31 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

He did and i was 1st to slag him off. But he is in the team tonight and playing for us, some people need to move on. No way is it going to instill him with bags of confidence if he hears all the boos. And in turn that isnt going to help us win the game and win the cup. 

Again agreed. 

I have not and never would boo any of our own players, that said I do understand the the sentiment given RM’s actions.

Edited by NotTheMarketLeader
  • Like 2

Playing well. Think we'll step up a gear in the second half. Chillwell, Mahrez, Vardy, Iheanacho and Ndidi playing well. Love the new Ndidi song. Good atmosphere in SK. Loads of academy players in LCFC trackies in G1 to make it look a bit more full. Good crowd. 29k methinks. Cheers. 

1 minute ago, StriderHiryu said:

It's a bit too pedestrian for my liking. I'm a fan of our new style but when we play this slowly it means we get a ton of the ball but don't really work the opposition keeper. Most of our best moments have come from counter attacks although there have been some nice moments from open play too. We've had a lot of the ball today but we've not made too many gilt edged opportunities. That said on another night we could easily have been 2 up by now. But I think this is to be expected as it takes time to get good at possesion football and retain a quick transition.

If I was Puel I'd tell the boys to do the same things but to quicken up the pace. More one touch football please.

It's also a bit frustrating to see the move break down, usually when Simpson gets the ball. He's been steady and defensively sound, but he always needs an extra touch or two and the opportunity for the killer ball has gone by the time he has done so.

Mahrez, Iborra and Chilwell all having good games tonight. Ihenacho looks dangerous but we really struggle to get him involved in the game compared to Shinji. Wouldn't surprise me if Diabate comes on after 60 to replace him.

Unless you're ManCity or Barca, you get nothing for possession alone

Fast transitions are the best way, but you can't transition if you always have the ball, passing it aimlessly around.

We play in front of the opposition too much, we should concede possession on occasion then attack fast as f##k before their defence is set

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, copunk said:

I actually think nacho hasn't been that bad, he's putting the effort in and trying to drop deep to start attacks, come a long way over the last couple of months in my opinion 

I think that's a fair assesment. Looking at his positioning tonight he's progressed a lot compared to that game against West Brom where he quite frankly looked lost.

It will be interesting to see what Puel does with him especially over the summer. IMO he's shown he's a capable Vardy replacement if JV gets injured or needs a rest, but he's no Shinji in terms of linking midfield to attack. Personally I'd just keep him as the rotated striker and gradually give him more and more games as Vardy winds down. If we do get into Europe next year we'll have enough games to need to rotate the number 9 position.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cc_star said:

Unless you're ManCity or Barca, you get nothing for possession alone

Fast transitions are the best way, but you can't transition if you always have the ball, passing it aimlessly around.

We play in front of the opposition too much, we should concede possession on occasion then attack fast as f##k before their defence is set

The Man Ciy / Barca point is valid, but I would say that if your goal is to get to that style one day, you can't do it over night. Rome was not built in a day after all! I think you need to go through the pain of being a lethargic possesion style team for a bit and then look to improve upon that base.

I do think in years to come it will be a big point of contention though. If we just remain a team that keeps the ball a lot but just knock it around between our centre backs and goalkeeper for most of the match then fans will get on Puel's back. However, there's plenty of times when we do play a very nice transition style. We need to remember that Puel has only signed one player and not had a pre-season to work with the team. The progress in that time has been impressive for me considering.

6 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

We just need to shut up our own booers and then it will be perfect.

Are you that surprised Ze? Thats what happens when you abandon the ship, then go back after a couple weeks because you have to...  It's hard to expect things will be as rosy as before after all that's been said (and unsaid). I wish they didn't do that and be silent when he's on the ball but I can wholeheartedly relate. People are just feeling betrayed and venting out...