Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fightforever

FA cup quater final draw 7.45pm UK time

22 minutes ago, notnow john said:

Its a great draw we're at home and know we have to be at our best ,no  fannying about.

no excuses. 

It will be a great atmosphere,best possible draw!

It's clearly not the best possible draw but whatever you say!

Edited by Fox 4 Life

6 minutes ago, Buce said:

I saw this asked last week but I don’t recall seeing an answer:

If Spurs make the semis, is their game still played at Wembley?

For obvious reasons that would be grossly unfair. 

Of course they'll be allowed.. They're the beloved Tottenham Hotspur.. The F A 's darlings! 

Not looked so don't know if mentioned. No ties can be on a Monday night, apparently. It's part of FIFA's international window so it's off limits for domestic games.

Either be a Saturday or Sunday. Won't be BT on the Saturday evening as they have a PL game scheduled. Could be Saturday night or lunch, but BBC might not want the lunchtime slot as it competes with the final day of six nations.

Basically there are a lorry load of TV permutations and we'll have to sit tight!

The draw obviously wasn't fixed. Ask yourself. Why would it be?

And in any case it's a good draw for us. We have an exciting home game to look forward to with a guaranteed big-match atmosphere and the prize of a semi-final at Wembley against, in all probability, another big team.

Plus, the separation of the 'big four' virtually guarantees that seventh place in the Premier League - a much more realistic target for us than winning the FA Cup - will get a Europa League spot.

Honestly, what's not to like??

3 hours ago, Gerard said:

It was a 25% chance that the big teams avoided each other so it's not unrealistic.

From Bentleys:

If you take the 5th and 6th round draws in serial, where the prestige media darlings are kept apart in EVERY tie, I make it 688-1. 

I don't believe it was fixed myself.

3 hours ago, Kitchandro said:

How does it being in TV mean it wasn’t a fix? There’s all sorts of ways you can tamper with the balls and I don’t trust anyone involved in this game.

It’s way too convenient that the big teams all avoid each other again.

how? not being provocative but genuinely interestered

5 hours ago, ScouseFox said:

used to just laugh off the idea that draws could be fixed but come on, the chances of all 4 “big sides” not drawing each other is just silly

7th draw in a row apparently (not including one where it was a mathematical impossibility).

It's far too convenient for me. The most predictable aspect of the draw as well.

It was as good a draw as we could've got if we were going to get a top side.

Suppose Liverpool getting West Brom last round was part of the same fixing tactics....what concerns me here is the lack of belief in our fans that we can beat them....everything is in our favour, at home, they are in transition, away Champions league game the week before, no replay, they will be aware we battered them a month ago, we as supporters need to make it intimidating....out of the top 4, Chelsea at home is easily the best option, every chance of progressing

Imagine the scandal if it was fixed and it came out. Imagine how hurtful it would be to FA the BBC, the cup and football in general. Just not worth the risk for them. No way it' fixed. But the one in Hong Kong or wherever gor the league cup where there was meant to be a live stream and it got delayed and delayed then the stream never happened was very dodgy and might have been fixed.

What a lot of whinging.

The draw's not on the BBC - oh God!. End of the world! It's a boring ****ing draw, it should just be computerised and we're told who's playing who.

It's a fix - We've played Fleetwood, Peterborough and Sheffield. Man up and accept you have to play a Prem team sooner or later.

Any home tie is to our advantage. If we can't beat a team at home then we have no chance away or at a neutral ground - like the SF or Finals.

Chelsea aren't playing so well at the moment - probably the easiest to beat of the "big 4" remaining. Two of whom we'll probably have to beat to win the Cup without home advantage.

I think this is a win for us.

Possibly worked this out wrong but the probably of one of the bigger teams getting the smaller 4 was 4/7 (0.571). So the possibility of all 4 getting a smaller team is 0.571 x 0.571 x 0.571 x 0.571, which is only 0.106, or 10.6%.

Dont think it was fixed tho, just very fortunate.