Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stadt

UK places you've never been to

Inspired by @bovril's hate of Coventry despite never having been it made me think of the relatively significant (not Cowdenbeath for example) UK places I've never been to but would probably like to.

I've never been to Scotland, Northern Ireland or Cardiff all of which I'd like have a mooch round one day

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, bovril said:

Belfast.

Cardiff.

Great Yarmouth.

Bristol. 

Wookster you're missing out with Scotland. 

I'm really keen to visit the highlands as far as I can tell it's the best scenery in Britain. Edinburgh seems a fantastic city too but as a student with a footballing problem it'll most likely be after I graduate in 4 years time.

I like the idea of going to the Shetlands/Orkneys...

...but I feel the effort of getting up there would be greater than the enjoyment of actually being there :D

Although might be worth it just for that bonkers accent

4 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

Dorset coast

Hadrian's Wall/Northumberland

Lake District

West Wales

Pennines/Lancs coast

Been to most big cities, but would like to go back to a few (Newcastle, Liverpool)

Don’t waste your time with Hadrian’s wall lol I stopped in a great little cottage not too far from there a few years ago. It may surprise you but it’s basically, errr a wall that’s broken.

Edited by Costock_Fox

I’ve worked all over England, Wales and Scotland. There are a few places I’d like to go back and visit in a more recreational way. Bristol seems quite decent and I’d like to give York a full weekend. I’ve not been over to Ireland either the Republic or Northern but I have family in Dublin and will go soon enough.

2 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Don’t waste your time with Hadrian’s wall lol I stopped in a great little cottage not too far from there a few years ago.

What was so bad about it? I'm aware that it's not a massive wall and only exists in sections....

1 minute ago, FoxesDeb said:

One of my favourite parts of England 

Yep, sounds good. I reckon that I'll make it there within the next 1-2 years.

5 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Slagging off the home of the blue Brazil in the op? Mods, have a word.

dont think I've been to Wales, or the proper north west of England (I.e. beyond Manchester), so nothing of any relevance missed.

there you are

quite lucky that I've been to several 'main' places in the country (Manchester, Liverpool, Newcastle, London, Leicester, Birmingham, Cornwall, Brighton, Cotswolds, Mount Snowdon, Nottingham, Leeds).

Few I've never been to but want to:

Glasgow
Edinburgh (going this year for Fringe Festival)
Bournemouth
Lake District
Peak District
Sheffield

2 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

What was so bad about it? I'm aware that it's not a massive wall and only exists in sections....

It’s basically a broken wall that’s about knee height. I didn’t go in the visitor centre though as I had the dogs do that might have been better.