Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stadt

UK places you've never been to

On 27/02/2018 at 22:17, Izzy Muzzett said:

My old job took me all over the country so I've been to most places in the UK over the years.

The only place I've never been is the west coast of Ireland which I hear is lovely and I'd really like to play golf over there one day.

Galway is lovely, great City. It’s South, but Cork is worth a visit too. In fact, the whole of Ireland is pretty good ! I know it’s N. Ireland, Belfast is supposed to be the place to visit also. 

1 minute ago, STEVIE B said:

Galway is lovely, great City. It’s South, but Cork is worth a visit too. In fact, the whole of Ireland is pretty good ! I know it’s N. Ireland, Belfast is supposed to be the place to visit also. 

Yeah I’ve been to NI and loved it. Belfast was a great night out and some of the scenery by the coast in NI is beautiful. 

I’ve only ever been to Dublin in the south and Galway is somewhere I’d love to visit.

But the main reason is I want to play golf at Ballybunyan :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, m4DD0gg said:

Middlesborough and Hull. 

Don't think I'm missing much. 

I used to work at the James Cook University Hospital there for a bit, and thought it was the best part of the area..

Driving around it to and from the area was quite dull tbh.

Guest Col city fan
On 2/27/2018 at 21:49, Wookie said:

I'm really keen to visit the highlands as far as I can tell it's the best scenery in Britain. Edinburgh seems a fantastic city too but as a student with a footballing problem it'll most likely be after I graduate in 4 years time.

It is. If you like your 'wide open spaces' you must visit the West Coast of Scotland. The Isle of Skye and Mull of Kintyre are wonderful.

Guest Col city fan
8 hours ago, STEVIE B said:

Cornwall. Seems such a long way, and you’re still in England ! Will go eventually 

My favourite County. 

Go right down to the Lizard on warm summer's nights. The little fishing villages with their pubs right near the ocean. Wonderful.

37 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I've never been to the Kent coast. Any good?

I ran from Lyme Regis to Swanage doing a marathon a day for 3 consecutive days along the Jurassic Coast footpath which has some remarkable scenery but I’m not sure if that counts as Kent! I was on the M26 though earlier in the week and that was slow, white and full of regretful people, very much like my three marathons in three days.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Yeah I’ve been to NI and loved it. Belfast was a great night out and some of the scenery by the coast in NI is beautiful. 

I’ve only ever been to Dublin in the south and Galway is somewhere I’d love to visit.

But the main reason is I want to play golf at Ballybunyan :)

Good man!

Ballybunion's where my Dad came from. He worked as a caddie on that course as a teenager (1940s), though it was only 9 holes then, I think. I spent many of my childhood holidays there.

If you go, try the cliff walk (short, but spectacular walk) and have a wander on the Long Strand (empty sandy beach that backs onto the golf course/club).

The main street is a matter of taste - countless bars, take-aways & amusements - but I like a bit of seediness.

Visited Galway for first time a couple of years ago. It's a nice town but touristy (I preferred Sligo). The coast and parts of the countryside around there (Connemara) are spectacular, though. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

I've never been to the Kent coast. Any good?

Romney Marsh is a spooky, unusual place. Nice sandy beaches nearby (e.g. Dymchurch).

Parts of North Kent are good (Whitstable, Margate's better than it was, Ramsgate), but Medway towns are not great and nor is Dover & heard bad things about Herne Bay.

I'm biased about Folkestone (grew up there): seems to be on the up again and has a nice harbour & seafront. Still has a few druggies & roughnecks among the grey rinses, though!

Guest Col city fan
27 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

I ran from Lyme Regis to Swanage doing a marathon a day for 3 consecutive days along the Jurassic Coast footpath which has some remarkable scenery but I’m not sure if that counts as Kent! I was on the M26 though earlier in the week and that was slow, white and full of regretful people, very much like my three marathons in three days.

Why do we have to hear about your 'three marathons in three days'?

You love posing dontcha....

Like wiv your bike...

:thumbup:

Cheers for the info though. Just cut out the big I am...

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

Why do we have to hear about your 'three marathons in three days'?

You love posing dontcha....

Like wiv your bike...

:thumbup:

Cheers for the info though. Just cut out the big I am...

Well you love Cornwall, they do one for the Cornish coast and one for the Devon coast - you can walk them too. Thought you might be interested as you are trying to lose weight. 

https://votwo.co.uk/

Now Col, sit back relax, get yourself out a box of tissues and I’ll tell you all about my fabulous life of fitness and achievement...

45 minutes ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

It's a facking long drive, but it's a very nice part of the country - worth a visit

I suggested to the missus driving to Glasgow or Edinburgh for a holiday.  No way she said.

I then suggested Cornwall.  She was up for that.

Leicester to Glasgow is the same distance as Leicester to St. Ives (about 310 miles)

55 minutes ago, pSinatra said:

I suggested to the missus driving to Glasgow or Edinburgh for a holiday.  No way she said.

I then suggested Cornwall.  She was up for that.

Leicester to Glasgow is the same distance as Leicester to St. Ives (about 310 miles)

Maybe it was just the idea of holidaying in Glasgow that put her off.

• Like 4

On ‎27‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 21:45, bovril said:

Great Yarmouth.

Wookster you're missing out with Scotland. 

Really? Not a lot here now. The borough was once famous for having a pub for every day of the year. More like one for every day in February now lol