Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stadt

UK places you've never been to

2 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Bristol, Brighton, Glasgow and Cardiff are the main ones that spring to mind (been to Bristol City once but was basically an in/out job). Also, Wiltshire is the only English county I've never visited. Quite fancy Stonehenge to tick that off.

Glasgow's good fun. And it's a short train or bus ride from some amazing nature. Nothing like a hungover trip to Arran in the summer. 

5 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

It’s basically a broken wall that’s about knee height. I didn’t go in the visitor centre though as I had the dogs do that might have been better.

Was aware the wall wasn't massive but so long as marauding Scots don't pile over....

I fancy the idea of walking coast to coast via the wall, stopping off at a few places & finding out what the Romans got up to up there apart from fighting marauding Scots.

2 minutes ago, bovril said:

Glasgow's good fun. And it's a short train or bus ride from some amazing nature. Nothing like a hungover trip to Arran in the summer. 

20+ years since I've been, but I found Glasgow a lively place to go out (in the centre) the couple of times I went - and friendly, despite having an English accent.

My old job took me all over the country so I've been to most places in the UK over the years.

The only place I've never been is the west coast of Ireland which I hear is lovely and I'd really like to play golf over there one day.

3 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

20+ years since I've been, but I found Glasgow a lively place to go out (in the centre) the couple of times I went - and friendly, despite having an English accent.

First time I went I was called a cvnt in some pub toilets, but locals reassured me it was a term of endearment. 

11 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Bristol, Brighton, Glasgow and Cardiff are the main ones that spring to mind (been to Bristol City once but was basically an in/out job). Also, Wiltshire is the only English county I've never visited. Quite fancy Stonehenge to tick that off.

I was a bit underwhelmed with Stonehenge I must say. Just a load of old rocks in a field but nice to say you've seen it I guess..

3 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

Surprisingly never been to London. Keep waiting for us to make it to the FA cup final to give me an excuse to go. :D

I’d be quite happy if I never had to go back, I can’t stand the place for work. If I get a job in London now, I leave home at 4:30 and arrive at 7:30. I then have to leave site at 13:30 - 14:00 to get home about 17:30. It’s a nightmare. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

I was a bit underwhelmed with Stonehenge I must say. Just a load of old rocks in a field but nice to say you've seen it I guess..

Exactly what I thought.  We were passing on our way to Cornwall, so dropped in.  What an anti-climax.

Was surprised at how small they actually are close up

• Like 1

I think the only city I’ve not been to in England and Wales is Sunderland. Pretty sure I’ve been to all the others if only for work. Can’t think of any major tourist attractions I haven’t been to either.

I’ve only been to Scotland once so haven’t been to the likes of Glasgow or Edinburgh. I’d quite like to visit but wouldn’t want to go there in winter and don’t want to waste the summer months that far north.

Never been anywhere on the Irish island and hopefully never will.

2 minutes ago, Rogstanley said:

I think the only city I’ve not been to in England and Wales is Sunderland. Pretty sure I’ve been to all the others if only for work. Can’t think of any major tourist attractions I haven’t been to either.

I’ve only been to Scotland once so haven’t been to the likes of Glasgow or Edinburgh. I’d quite like to visit but wouldn’t want to go there in winter and don’t want to waste the summer months that far north.

Why not? Dublin is an amazing city and the people are great. Northern Ireland is beautiful too. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rogstanley said:

Northern Ireland is spectacularly beautiful. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, bovril said:

Yeah, not done enough of the Scottish countryside in general really. Our family holiday one summer was a week in Dunbar (!) the only saving grace of which was a day in Edinburgh.

14 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

6 minutes ago, pSinatra said:

Exactly what I thought.  We were passing on our way to Cornwall, so dropped in.  What an anti-climax.

Was surprised at how small they actually are close up

Spinal Tap was right then. :D

1 minute ago, Rogstanley said:

Can’t stand the accent. It’s like nails running down a chalk board to me. 

There's a massive difference between the southern and northern Irish accents I reckon.

I agree the northern accent could sound as you've described but I think the southern accent is gorgeous (on women obvs)