Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stadt

UK places you've never been to

26 minutes ago, pSinatra said:

Exactly what I thought.  We were passing on our way to Cornwall, so dropped in.  What an anti-climax.

Was surprised at how small they actually are close up

be102f-20170208-spinal-tap.jpg

Edited by Wookie

27 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Yeah, not done enough of the Scottish countryside in general really. Our family holiday one summer was a week in Dunbar (!) the only saving grace of which was a day in Edinburgh.

Spinal Tap was right then. :D

I love Dunbar, Belhaven beach is wicked.

3 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

Don’t waste your time with Hadrian’s wall lol I stopped in a great little cottage not too far from there a few years ago. It may surprise you but it’s basically, errr a wall that’s broken.

Bloody northern Hooligans,nicking Stones and selling off to unexpecting gullable Roman Tourists.

Ive not been to rubbish towns before, but that wasnt really the objective of the thread? it was about nice places you hadnt been to right?

Ive never seen the delights of Warrington or Halifax but I dont feel im missing anything.

Well hard for me to get around the uk being in canada but the most north ive been is doncaster. Furthest south praly london.

Would love to go newcastle, scotland, plymouth area, republic of ireland (dublin and west coast) and most importantly wales for the sheep shagging watching (although i could just make a short trip to derby for that)

Edit: forgot that i went to York on my last visit too. Nice place from what i remember but was there during the day time hours only.

Edited by Jattdogg

Having previously been a maintenance electrician for a company which had contracts with several major shop chains, I've been to most major towns and cities. I guess the biggest one I've never been to would be Inverness. And I doubt there's too much there to tempt me to visit!

Surprised at how many of you have never been to Scotland. The good bits are magnificent.  Get yourselves up here.

I've never been to Hull or Grimsby.

Apparently, Grimsby Fisheries on Welford Road doesn't count.

Sorry @Vollblau but when you say you like Northern Irish accents on women, I just think of:

Leader-Of-The-DUP-Arlene-Foster-Addresses-Possibility-Of-Election-Coalition.jpg

2 hours ago, TiffToff88 said:

Having previously been a maintenance electrician for a company which had contracts with several major shop chains, I've been to most major towns and cities. I guess the biggest one I've never been to would be Inverness. And I doubt there's too much there to tempt me to visit!

I’m off up that way in May, actually looks really decent but yeah mainly because there isn’t much there.

9 hours ago, Alf Bentley said:

What was so bad about it? I'm aware that it's not a massive wall and only exists in sections....

Yep, sounds good. I reckon that I'll make it there within the next 1-2 years.

I’ve walked it from coast to coast Alf. I really enjoyed it. Not much of a wall to see as the previous poster describes but the walk is great.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Bristol and Southampton seem decent cities from what I've seen from television etc in the past.

Went there with City in Ranieri's last season, I too was expecting it to be a decent city, its an absolute shithole but strangely full of posh people.

4 minutes ago, MattP said:

Been to almost all the major cities but have always intended to go Bath and have never got around to it. Want to go JOG as well.

Go to Bath. Had a couple of great nights out there last summer (had never been before but my other half was on a hen do on the Saturday so went with her on he Thursday night and out with the groom on the Saturday) and some great roof terrace bars and some excellent real ale and cocktail bars. Definitely  summer trip and a weekend in a cheap B&B!

• Like 1

Just now, Swan Lesta said:

Go to Bath. Had a couple of great nights out there last summer (had never been before but my other half was on a hen do on the Saturday so went with her on he Thursday night and out with the groom on the Saturday) and some great roof terrace bars and some excellent real ale and cocktail bars. Definitely  summer trip and a weekend in a cheap B&B!

Everyone I've spoken to says the same thing, they love it. I'll try and get it done over the summer.

52 minutes ago, MattP said:

Been to almost all the major cities but have always intended to go Bath and have never got around to it. Want to go JOG as well.

I lived and worked in Bath for 7 months back in 1991. Certainly a beautiful town - I remember being quite awestruck when I first visited.

One thing: I'd advise going outside major holiday periods as it's small and gets swamped with tourists.

Say hello to The Salamander for me (ale and food). Regrettably, the Bog Island Club (great little club in a converted underground toilet!) has closed down.