Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stadt

UK places you've never been to

Never been to Scotland or Northern Ireland, Isle of Man, Isle of Wight (any isles except Anglesey I think), Newcastle, Blackpool (not that I can remember), Swansea, most of Wales except Caernarfon/Cardiff/Snowdonia/Anglesey. For how big Birmingham is I've probably seen about 5% of it, and that was enough. Same for Manchester and Liverpool

Spend as little time in London as possible, probably only ever been 5 times and I can't tell one area from another. There's a posh bit, a political bit, and a load of shit bits

Can't think of many places in the UK I haven't seen that I want to, but will go to Scotland one day if I can be arsed

49 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

Wick is only a 6 and a half hour drive from my house in Glasgow :P... the scenery at the top of Scotland (Caithness) is stunning.

As for the islands, I've been to Kirkwall (Orkneys), Islay, Lewis, Scalpay , Harris, Mull, Iona, Skye, and Arran .

Skye and Arran are the pick.

Skye is special, unless you go in the summer. The midge are a nightmare and the road system

is woefully inadequate. A victim of its popularity.

I loved Eigg and Rum,no tourists cars allowed and brilliant seafood.

May is a good time to go.

• Like 1

Ireland North or South. Edinburgh (going at the end of April), Nowhere North of Mull

Nearer to home Stamford, Leamington, Lichfield.

Pretty much been every big UK city for one reason or another over the years with the exception of Southampton.

2 hours ago, Vacamion said:

Wick is only a 6 and a half hour drive from my house in Glasgow :P... the scenery at the top of Scotland (Caithness) is stunning.

As for the islands, I've been to Kirkwall (Orkneys), Islay, Lewis, Scalpay , Harris, Mull, Iona, Skye, and Arran .

Skye and Arran are the pick.

Harris is insanely beautiful. And kind of insane too, along with Lewis. I met a girl at Stornoway bus stop who claimed she'd been excommunicated. And loved riding buses full of teenagers talking Gaelic together. Mad, wonderful place.

And let's be honest London's one of the World's great cities. You need to avoid the tourist traps but there's so much good food, galleries, museums, great architecture, pubs. Each part has its own character. Anybody who says "it's like the third world in parts" probably hasn't spent much time in London or the third world. 

And the 'miserable people' thing is a cliche. People in London are pretty cheerful. Probably because they don't have to live in Yorkshire :ph34r:

Edited by bovril
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Crinklyfox said:

I'd like to visit the Scilly Isles.  I lived in Cornwall for a number of years but never went further west.  The remoteness appeals to me, as do a couple of the smaller Channel Islands such as Sark and Alderney.

The Scilly's are great, the smaller islands are very serene and relaxing. I've camped on Herm near Guernsey and that was a laugh too, not as picturesque though.

18 hours ago, ealingfox said:

Been Scotland but not Edinburgh or Glasgow. Never been Ireland tbf.

Done pretty well for England, biggest place I've not been must be Newcastle.

me neither - strange really as had a job that required me to visit most of the major cities at one time or another - I was down to go there but missed out once on the grounds of sickness and the other because the meeting was switched to Durham.

5 hours ago, notnow john said:

Skye is special, unless you go in the summer. The midge are a nightmare and the road system

is woefully inadequate. A victim of its popularity.

I loved Eigg and Rum,no tourists cars allowed and brilliant seafood.

May is a good time to go.

Don’t know about you but egg and rum sounds woeful.

21 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

Edinburgh. One of them places I’ve been close to booking and then gone somewhere further afield as it’s cheaper.

Struggling to think of anywhere else significant as I’ve been to loads of places watching City.

Great town... was there weekend before last (little brother lives in Musslebrough

take the east coast train from Newark (easy drive up then A46 now)...  Virgin have a half price sale on at the moment and you can get tickets for £40

Edited by Wolfox

2 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

Great town... was there weekend before last (little brother lives in Musslebrough

take the east coast train from Newark (easy drive up then A46 now)...  Virgin have a half price sale on at the moment and you can get tickets for £40

I will definitely go sooner rather than later that’s for sure, really fancy going to the festival.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

My old job took me all over the country so I've been to most places in the UK over the years.

The only place I've never been is the west coast of Ireland which I hear is lovely and I'd really like to play golf over there one day.

Your balls will be blown off you on the Golf Course,but the craic(fun) you will have in the 19th is something you will cherish for a lifetime.Great great part of the World :)

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Rogstanley said:

I think the only city I’ve not been to in England and Wales is Sunderland. Pretty sure I’ve been to all the others if only for work. Can’t think of any major tourist attractions I haven’t been to either.

I’ve only been to Scotland once so haven’t been to the likes of Glasgow or Edinburgh. I’d quite like to visit but wouldn’t want to go there in winter and don’t want to waste the summer months that far north.

Never been anywhere on the Irish island and hopefully never will.

Why not? We will send you back to blighty with a smile on your face and memories to last a lifetime:beer: