Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stadt

UK places you've never been to

16 hours ago, STEVIE B said:

Cornwall. Seems such a long way, and you’re still in England ! Will go eventually 

I'd never been until I was 32/33 despite having relatives in Devon I'd never bothered to go that bit futher. 

Wish I had done it earlier. Beautiful part of the country.

On 28/02/2018 at 07:37, Swan Lesta said:

I’ve walked it from coast to coast Alf. I really enjoyed it. Not much of a wall to see as the previous poster describes but the walk is great.

Would love to do Hadrians wall.

Did the coast to coast through the Lake district to the Yorkshire Moors which was fantastic.  Def recommend it.

I have been to most places in the UK that I actually want to go to.  I do love a bit of scenic splendour and to just take the malamutes and a tent (and the girlfriend if I have to) and head off to the Lakes or Dartmoor or something.

The only place I would like to go to is Northumberland national park.  Been to the coast around there which is spectacular.  Especially Scremerston.  A bit of a secret place north of Lindisfarne and difficult to get to but well worth the trouble.

For those of you that mention the Scottish Highlands, yes it is beautiful, but unless you like being eaten alive by midges until you want to peel your own skin off, I'd try the Lake District first.  It is better anyway.

Edited by murphy
  • Like 1

On 28/02/2018 at 08:57, Swan Lesta said:

If London roof terrace bars were pricey, don’t even think about going to York and buying alcohol in the town centre!

I do this every weekend and I can confirm we basically pay London prices 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

Maybe it was the places I went in, but I can't remember York being horrific for beer prices?

The Sam Smith pubs you can still pay a couple of quid a pint.

I can sometimes get a pale ale under £4 but that's about it.

Talking UK cities, I've never been to Manchester or Liverpool. Only been to the outskirts of Birmingham to buy my cat. Only been to Bristol in the back of an ambulance taking a patient for work. Never been to Norwich or Ipswich. Never been to Newcastle. Never been to Bournemouth.

Nice places that I have never been to: Chester, Scarborough

Dumps - by popular reputation - that I have never been to - Barry Island, Barrow in Furness, Canvey Island, Clacton, Morecambe, Rochdale

Oddly enough for someone who grew up in Leicester in the sixties and seventies I have only been to

Skeggeh, once, Mundesley, once

On 1 March 2018 at 18:09, Voll Blau said:

Maybe it was the places I went in, but I can't remember York being horrific for beer prices?

If you're used to prices from further south it's not, but compared to the surrounding area it is. So many pubs out in the small villages that never top 2.50 a pint 

Lots to be seen in Devon if you haven't been, Exeter is a lovely city - though Plymouth/Torquay are dodgy as anything lol Also got the moors and places like Dartmouth are certainly worth a visit.

Personally never been to Newcastle or Liverpool - both places would be good to visit I reckon.

Guest Col city fan
On 04/03/2018 at 09:28, Devonfox1884 said:

Lots to be seen in Devon if you haven't been, Exeter is a lovely city - though Plymouth/Torquay are dodgy as anything lol Also got the moors and places like Dartmouth are certainly worth a visit.

Personally never been to Newcastle or Liverpool - both places would be good to visit I reckon.

The nightlife in Newcastle is unreal. I was up there with our kid after the Leicester game and it was still heaving at 4 in the morning.

The club we were in was rammed. And this was a freeeeeeeezing cold night. I imagine it’s even better in the summer.

2 hours ago, Col city fan said:

The nightlife in Newcastle is unreal. I was up there with our kid after the Leicester game and it was still heaving at 4 in the morning.

The club we were in was rammed. And this was a freeeeeeeezing cold night. I imagine it’s even better in the summer.

Having it large at 4am, you animal.

• Like 1

On 28/02/2018 at 13:00, Finnegan said:

Isn't he a plastic Scotch from Cov? Really don't need to defend myself chap. 

I love saying Scotch.They love it!

ive got a customer who is from Newcastle and he has a thick Geordie accent,so nothing like a Scottish accent.

Every now and then I say “Are you Scotch?”

How I’ve got any customers I do not know!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Yeah Sandbanks is nice, always used to go down there.

The problem is when I hear the name Sandbanks, I automatically think of Pulis and Harry Redknapp (who have property there).

But all places will have its fair share of idiots etc..

1 hour ago, Wymeswold fox said:

The problem is when I hear the name Sandbanks, I automatically think of Pulis and Harry Redknapp (who have property there).

But all places will have its fair share of idiots etc..

Yeah that’s true, one of the best beaches in Britain though for sure.

When my dogs were older enough to go out we went down there and I can remember having to pull into a mansions driveway as one of them had a massive crap in the back of my car lol hope it was Pulis’ house.

3 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Yeah that’s true, one of the best beaches in Britain though for sure.

When my dogs were older enough to go out we went down there and I can remember having to pull into a mansions driveway as one of them had a massive crap in the back of my car lol hope it was Pulis’ house.

Wasn't it your dog who crapped in your bed? Or am I thinking of someone else?