Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

Bournemouth post match 1-1

The beast from the far East is back next week also start Diabate, people call for Simmo to be dumped then moan when he is, also a bonus to deny E Howe a win. Poor day, poor game, very poor ref all part of the "fun" of supporting the Foxes

10 minutes ago, Head Honcho said:

If you're happy with mid table mediocrity then he has a job for life.

I couldn't watch this tripe week in week out.

Give me relegation battles over this any time.

And a relegation battle wouldn't be watching tripe?

I remember the forum was overjoyed with the goings-on three years ago before the final 9 games.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

Come on. He only had like 30 mins on the pitch. Not his game when they were already starting to just loop high balls into the box. He is a quality player and should start more.

Of course he is, I have no doubt about it. I just think that he's a pure 9 and playing him out of position will prevent us to see the extend of his abilities.

Edited by ZeGuy

We're still playing absolutely shite let's not let that free kick paper over the cracks. It's not one game it's three at home in a row like that now.

We look clueless, slow and lacking in both desire and energy. 

Puel tactics and style of play is gradually getting worse. What has Iborra done wrong!? James isn't good enough and Silva looks no where near good enough to be honest. Don't seem to control the ball in midfield at all. 

Deserve a point but I'm not hopeful of next few games. Play like that at home too Chelsea we'll be out the cup in first half.

Also can we try and get Vardy back in the game. Way we're playing has completely nullified him

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Fuchs - Not good enough anymore, his brain is in America, get rid.

Morgan - He's just past it, Bench him. 

Chilwell - Zero footballing brain, Loan him out or get rid. 

James - Championship/Prem relegation midfielder - GET. RID. 

Vardy - Needs dropping, sick of only being able to play 1 style because it suits him, especially when that style is being denied, we have no plan b simply because our plan B style does not suit him so we loan them off to newcastle and brighton. 

Puel - Shit tactically for the last month, really stupid subs and taking far too long to make decisions that fans can see 20 minutes prior. If this carries on for the next month, get rid, or replace in the summer. 

1 step forward 1 step back. 

Bournemouth have made 30+ clearances today and we barely looked like threatening them. Atrocious. 

You cant call out both left full backs at this point in the season while I get  your frustration, one of them has to play.

• Like 2

Chilwell was Ok today I thought, but he needs a talking to, in a good way. He seems to flap around under pressure and waste some good opportunities, I feel he needs more composure when he's got the ball in promising positions. Also, have to question what Albrightons instructions are half the time? continuously pop balls in to an isolated Vardy, kind of nullifies this possession/passing game that Puel wants? Not impressed today! N'didi's form has dropped as well! 

I think many here are being a little hard on the boys. Bournemouth is a decent side - especially going forward - and I liked the move to start Amartey.  Once he goes down there was a problem and I blame that on the overall composition of the roster currently vs Claude's selections. Silva just isn't comfortable playing with the side right now - that is what it is.  Iheanacho just hasn't fit. The lack of production out of that spot is why they're struggling to score.  It drives me nuts that they keep trying to play to Mahrez/Silva'Iheanacho  through the air vs on the ground.  None of these guys can go up against Premier League center backs and win balls yet they keep playing through the air to them.  They generate NOTHING through the middle of the pitch.  If you want to move on from Shinji and insist on playing the ball through the air, get a big hold up guy.  So far there is not better combo up there than Vardy/Shinji and I think that's part of the reason why this side hasn't improved.  They could have used Shinji today.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, The Guvnor said:

I think a bit of credit for the way Bournemouth defended, we absolutely bombarded them in the second half.

The team really is a mixed bag, we do have some real quality in Maguire , Mahrez, N'didi , Vardy, and the new lad Diabate looks a real find. We need to improve our wish list when it comes to shedding out the real money as we are pretty sh#t when it comes to that department,  Musa, Slimani , Silva, Nacho, just to name a few. If we are going to progress stop wasting money on average players, ship out the crap in the summer and build the team around our quality players.

Spot on. Our recruitment has  been hit and miss and it seems our cheaper buys have always faired better than our expensive buys. The price tag is irrelevant in modern football as long as they are good and fit in. When we sell Mahrez id be fine with us shelling out £40m plus to get a replacement so long as it is the right player. We know we won't be able to directly replace Mahrez with someone as good as he is but we do need to get it right when we do replace him. We have a good backbone with Harry, Wilf and Vardy (although he'll need replacing soon) and like you say, we need to build around them. 

• Like 1

I think Silva needs to find his feet within the team and the premier league. Once he does, he'll be a fantastic player for us. Yeah, he gave away the ball with some awful passes a few times, but there were also glimpses of class in there too. Iborra needed five or six games for it to gel. I think Silva needs the same. He's had a long lay off and people expecting him to jump into the side and just be fantastic is naive. 

That being said, we need to be winning these sort of games, so it's a catch 22. Iborra would be starting ahead of James for me. James puts the effort in, but if you're relying on him to cover, then I'm picking Iborra. I don't think he offers enough going forward, especially when paired with Ndidi. I'll be happy when Shinji can play again. He hasn't got many seasons left in him, but he's a game changer with the amount of effort he gives and chances he creates. If we can't beat West Brom next week, then I'm at a complete loss with Puel. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Webbo said:

That was a brilliant free kick but it doesn't disguise what an utterly shit performance that was. Puel hasn't got a clue, if he's still here next season we're going down.

Fair play to Bournemouth though, they  didn't park the the bus, and we still couldn't break them down.

Agree it was pretty bad but come on. 

Ridiculous statement.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, foxes21 said:

This possession style should be another string to our bow, not our main weapon. I can’t remember the last time we played direct, aggressive high tempo, attacking football - which can still be done against parked buses as we’ve proven in the past.

Over the past month, pointless sideway and backwards passes is the only tactic we seem to know and it’s made us reliant on corners and crossing into Vardy. When was the last clear cut opportunity we created? Or the last team inspired goal? 

What’s happened to the constant forward passes and forcing mistakes from the opponent by pressing and playing at a high tempo? That style should be our main form of attack. 

Keeping possession was supposed to be a way to counter in a different way. As Puel said himself: ‘We must find a different way to counter, not just the long kick’. But Puel has tried to change things so quickly to make us more possession based, we have forgotten what counter-attacking football is.

We need to find a balance between the direct, counter attacking style and possession. Right now we are unbalanced and it shows.

I agree with this completely. The last time I think we played fast counter attacking football was Everton at home. 

That point will just paper over obvious cracks, that was yet again poor, I'd say even worse than the Stoke performance in parts.

Going forward we were hopeless till the last 10 mins. Vardy has turned into DJ Campbell, keeps getting offside and his touch keeps letting him down, Mahrez overall was hopeless again, kept giving the ball away and Albrighton was in his hit and hope mode today, poor crossing again from him. 

Our lack of composure on the ball is also a major problem, so many loose passes from the defenders and midfielders, Silva especially was hopeless, he did fvck all to stake his place in the side.

Another worrying performance in all honesty, I see zero improvements under Puel, we're still bang average in defence and we look worse going forward.

Edited by kingfox
  • Like 1

second half we absolutely battered them but couldn’t score til the last kick of the game. frustrating but hardly as rubbish as everyone’s making out. first half was shit yeah, for the last half hour we were literally camped in their six yard box but they got an incredible amount of bodies in the way time and time again. 

still, need to work out how to break teams down/not concede stupid goals and allow teams to sit back. 

• Like 4