Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

Bournemouth post match 1-1

Guest Cujek

I hate  to admit but I understand Southampton fans now.

Bring on the summer, give him 5 games next season, if it's as bad, bin him and get someone with balls in.

14 hours ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Fuchs - Not good enough anymore, his brain is in America, get rid.

Morgan - He's just past it, Bench him. 

Chilwell - Zero footballing brain, Loan him out or get rid. 

James - Championship/Prem relegation midfielder - GET. RID. 

Vardy - Needs dropping, sick of only being able to play 1 style because it suits him, especially when that style is being denied, we have no plan b simply because our plan B style does not suit him so we loan them off to newcastle and brighton. 

Puel - Shit tactically for the last month, really stupid subs and taking far too long to make decisions that fans can see 20 minutes prior. If this carries on for the next month, get rid, or replace in the summer. 

1 step forward 1 step back. 

Bournemouth have made 30+ clearances today and we barely looked like threatening them. Atrocious. 

I agree that Puel’s tactics are appalling.

You suggest dropping Vardy as we are playing one style that only suits him?

That’s total arse about face.

The way Puel has us playing is entirely the opposite style to that which suits Vardy. 

We we are now playing where he is completely isolated with slow build up play. This is absolutely brainless on the part of the manager; nullifying one of the PL most lethal strikers is a good tactic normally; but not when it’s your own ****ing player.

Every manager we now come across is having his job made 70% easier as Puel is doing it for them by handicapping our biggest threat.

We needed to get midfielders nearer to Vardy; none of them break the lines and run with the ball through the midfield, we then wait for the opposition to score first before deciding scoring goals gets points.

Shocking, boring relegation level tactics. 

If Puel stays attendances will fall.

Edited by NotTheMarketLeader

8 hours ago, Fightforever said:

I think that we need to give puel time to find our winning formula if we sack him and get a new manager we will be back to square 1 

Well we had a winning formula back when we beat Southampton 4-1. Since then we have gone backwards and with each and every match appear to be going further backwards. Our performances are getting worse with each passing game and we are not showing any signs of improving with each week he's in charge.

I'm prepared to give him time but things aren't great at the moment.

13 hours ago, vanity said:

If Puel is insistent on continuing with this defense-first personnel strategy, as well as building from the back, I don't see how he can keep starting Vardy. We need more from our forward than lurking on the deepest CB's hip. We need more involvement up top if we only have Riyad and Silva as the other real attacking players on the pitch. 

Vardy is one of my favorite players, and I hate to say it, but his style is looking less and less compatible with what Claude wants to do by the minute. 

The manager needs to wake up.

Drop Vardy? 

Is is he actually the problem?

No striker can score goals with these tactics; see Southampton last season 

We were utter muck yesterday. There was zero creativity and the only passion we showed during the game was when we scored, it was frigging awful. We are so dull to watch at the moment and it was pretty much a replica of the Stoke game, in fact I thought we played worse against Bournemouth. Puel’s tactics, team selections and subs are getting more and more questionable as the games go on. Mahrez did nothing until he scored and thank god he did as it would’ve been even more embarrassing than it already was. We were doing fine and playing well until Riyad’s meltdown and now we’ve gone to shit. Not. Happy.

8 minutes ago, reynard said:

Well we had a winning formula back when we beat Southampton 4-1. Since then we have gone backwards and with each and every match appear to be going further backwards. Our performances are getting worse with each passing game and we are not showing any signs of improving with each week he's in charge.

I'm prepared to give him time but things aren't great at the moment.

A good manager is always tampering to try and be better and better.  He also has to adjust to the oposition and home/away.  Puel needs to be more open about what he is trying to do.  No prob.

Imo he needs to demobstrate that he is speding up shofting yge ball fwd...able to break down tge bus when we have possession... sorting out converting corners to goals. .... and increasingwork rate.

Edited by foxinsocks

Seems like our season is fizzling out to a poor finish despite earlier encouraging signs, and frankly I’ll be glad when it’s over. Get rid of the dross that we seem to have accumulated and let Puel recruit players that can do whatever the hell it is that he is trying to do.

7 hours ago, jayfox26 said:

I take your point but compared to the other 13 teams outside the top 6, I feel we have a better squad. Yes we have a few players who aren't good enough but we have genuine quality with Maguire, Ndidi, Mahrez and Vardy. Not many other teams outside the top 6 have 4 top quality players that would be wanted by the 'big clubs'. We loaned out 2 of our players to premier league teams in January so we can't be that bad if other teams in the same league want to take players off us on loan that can't get in our team. And other players that haven't quite lived up to expectations yet like Iheancho and Gray would walk into most teams outside the top 6. 

Yes I agree with all that and perhaps didn't explain myself well. We do indeed have some genuine quality individuals. It's more that in Vardy, Iheanacho , Ulloa , Muse and Slimani for example, we potentially had 5 number 9s yet only 1 can play at any one time. There is no outright recognised number 10 like a Sigurdson type figure? Whilst such transfer policy is not being good for building an actual team, it also conspires to cause ill  feelings in that most players want to play and can't. Likewise in midfield, in an ideal world you'd have a mix of defensive, box to box and playmaker with good cover, have we got that or all a bit much of a muchness?

We are indeed blessed with some genuinely quality individuals but that doesn't make a team, the epitome of which was our Premiership winning team who, despite being low cost individuals some of whom were discarded by their previous clubs, nevertheless knew their jobs and complimented each other. 

The club, with their little boy lost in a sweet shop approach to transfers has only served to squander millions and millions of pounds. In this respect I do feel sorry for Puell despite all the criticism of him as he's trying to fit together ill fitting parts of a jigsaw with a trial and error approach. Expensive as it will be there needs to be a big clearout and the right visionary manager having a much more hands on role in our transfer policy as opposed to faceless dubiously qualified backroom businssmen.

Realistically Puell has at least got some history in this but I don't see anyone else more suitable rushing to join us anyway. It took Guadiola a season, with some criticism, to see what he'd got and what he needed prior to his big clear out and spending spree. On a much lesser budget perhaps Puell needs the same time afforded to him?

Edited by volpeazzurro

1 hour ago, Cujek said:

I hate  to admit but I understand Southampton fans now.

Bring on the summer, give him 5 games next season, if it's as bad, bin him and get someone with balls in.

Why would you give a manager who it feels is on borrowed time, a load more money only to remove him after 5 games and leave someone else to manage these players.

If he's not good enough then he has to go before or once this season ends.

I'd like to see us have a bit of direction again..

When he 1st came you could see changes. Trying to keep the ball a little more. The performances at Newcastle and Southampton seemed promising, but in recent weeks the team selections make no sense, iborra and Silva not starting every week who are the most comfortable players on the ball. Morgan walking back in for dragovic, which has caused to conceded possesion.

We still have the age old problem that only Shinji can seem to partner vardy.

And what did he do in jan? Next to nothing. Surely he can see morgan and Simpson can't really so the jobs he wants and the same probably goes for chillwell and fuchs.

I'll be hugely surprised if he's still here in August unless he has given the owners a brilliant shopping list that can be landed to overhaul this squad.

But I'm not sure that's likely to be the case based on jan business.

Edited by Bayfox
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

Such a wildly immature post if only life where that easy.

When did Football ever respect quality or standing. To follow your logic Man City should sack Guadiola because they lost to Wigan in the Cup. Both life and Management is much more complex than that.

There's no doubt Mahrez gate has had a negative effect on the squad. It could well be that some aren't happy that he appeared to get away with how he behaved.  But that's life shit happens and you have to get on with it.

Puel isn't responsible for any of it yet he's expected to work miracles with a squad he's inherited., Give the man a break.

he has us 8th in the table and trying to play a better class of football possession game.

He hasn't spent 50 mil in January like big Sam at Everton or struggled like Pardew at West Brom. or Lambert at Stoke.

He's doing a decent job while getting to know the players and trying to access the squad in the process. Yes, some of his selections seem strange even to me like leaving out Iborra, But has anyone considered he may have been instructed to because of the cloud hanging over him from the fixing scandal in Spain. Just a thought.

He didn't buy Iborra, Silva or Ineanacho, yet he's expected to try and integrate them into the squad simply because they cost big money. Gray hasn't kicked on and flatters to deceive . The squad for all it's talent lacks guile, pace and physicality, This I'm sure will be addressed in the Summer.

Puel has to be given the time, at the very least this Summer to bring in his own players in.

The possession game is the way forward simply because statistics prove that possession teams win more games because they eventually wear teams down. Has anyone realized most of our results come late in games for this very reason.

Morgan is Team Captain and so makes it difficult for him to be dropped, especially for a player who is on loan.

Management is not easy it requires a different vision and mental approach than a Fans perspective.

Yes, I'm as frustrated as anyone with results, But I'm happier with where we are now than when we were in league one or the Championship both as a Team and a Club.

Do I think Puel is the answer, Truth is I don't know. What I am sure off is he's a better Coach than any or his predecessors. What's still unknown is his ability to find and attract the right players to the Club to take us to the next level. 

For that reason he deserves a chance and our support in the meantime. Sometimes in life you have to take a step backwards to move forward. Only time will tell.

Rubbish. 

Nothing I have seen would get me to hand over a transfer kitty to Puel if this is the type of football we have to endure.

He has inherited a team with better players and winning pedigree than any other outside of the top six.

This is very talented squad and outside of the first six games (new manager bounce) he has negated any attacking threat we have and is playing the most boring, negative, possession based football you are likely to see.

Now always reactive, we begin every game as a training excerise, until the opposition score, which begins a second

half panic.

A good manager gets the best out of the players at his disposal. That’s not happening.

With his Southampton tenure as past form, we have ample evidence that he is not playing to our player’s strengths resulting in a shocking spectacle.

Look at how Swansea are playing with a manager who encourages the midfield to get forward, with a squad which I think is relatively poor. They have the same players but a manager who has galvanised them to an extent that they are now going out to win games.

‘The Cup run’ is bollox and the only thing keeping fans off his back; all wins were over lower league sides.

Get rid at the end of the season for me, he’s not the man for us.

I pay to be entertained not be bored to sleep.

• Like 1

Diabate did an amazing job, when he came on. His running, movement and energy are really creating space for others. If he is what Puel can find in french 2nd division, I am looking forward to what else he can find.

Can't believe we have started crossing so much after we have let both of Slimani and Ulloa go. Maybe we should try Iborra in the 10 role, when Shinji is out,  and play him like Cahill at Everton back in the days. Then we would have a big lump to aim at at least.

Edited by Jonezy

1 hour ago, volpeazzurro said:

Yes I agree with all that and perhaps didn't explain myself well. We do indeed have some genuine quality individuals. It's more that in Vardy, Iheanacho , Ulloa , Muse and Slimani for example, we potentially had 5 number 9s yet only 1 can play at any one time. There is no outright recognised number 10 like a Sigurdson type figure? Whilst such transfer policy is not being good for building an actual team, it also conspires to cause ill  feelings in that most players want to play and can't. Likewise in midfield, in an ideal world you'd have a mix of defensive, box to box and playmaker with good cover, have we got that or all a bit much of a muchness?

We are indeed blessed with some genuinely quality individuals but that doesn't make a team, the epitome of which was our Premiership winning team who, despite being low cost individuals some of whom were discarded by their previous clubs, nevertheless knew their jobs and complimented each other. 

The club, with their little boy lost in a sweet shop approach to transfers has only served to squander millions and millions of pounds. In this respect I do feel sorry for Puell despite all the criticism of him as he's trying to fit together ill fitting parts of a jigsaw with a trial and error approach. Expensive as it will be there needs to be a big clearout and the right visionary manager having a much more hands on role in our transfer policy as opposed to faceless dubiously qualified backroom businssmen.

Realistically Puell has at least got some history in this but I don't see anyone else more suitable rushing to join us anyway. It took Guadiola a season, with some criticism, to see what he'd got and what he needed prior to his big clear out and spending spree. On a much lesser budget perhaps Puell needs the same time afforded to him?

Fair points and I do agree we need a clear out. And yes our squad is very much unbalanced and Puel will have a big job on in the summer sorting that.  He does have a good platform to build on and his bigger problem may be getting rid of some of the dead wood. 

11 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Nope

Which goal or goals do you feel is/are better then St Albans? Imo Vardy v Spurs isn't because as fantastic as it was there was an element getting the foot to the ball and hoping it' the right weight or contact.

We’ve developed a soft underbelly again. Something Pearson managed to exercise out. We are easy pickings for teams now, especially those struggling because we can’t scrap. The one weapon in our arsenal is being diminished and we’re turning into a bland side only capable of passing sideways. Vardy has no chance on his own upfront. 

The only way way to change it is reintroduce Okazaki, and completely disregard shit like Kalechi. At least Shinji forces us to play in a certain way! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Not the most inspiring performance admittedly but that bit of magic from Mahrez and the subsequent point that came with it are absolutely massive and may prove to be a defining moment in our season.

Let's not forget that we still have to play Burnley. A win there will put us back in the driving seat for a potential European spot, so despite our recent form all is not lost. In fact I have a feeling that the manner of the draw yesterday might prove to be the turning point especially with West Brom on the horizon and an opportunity to pick up 3 points. Hopefully we can build some momentum. 

This is like Southampton mk2. Didn't they have loads of shots but no goals?

This suggests that it's not the players but our playing style. Teams have already figured out how to play against us to get a result.

We don't want to end up taking about good stats rather than good wins.

Puel needs to learn and change our style of play otherwise he'll be gone soon and us fans will die out of frustration.

24 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

This is like Southampton mk2. Didn't they have loads of shots but no goals?

This suggests that it's not the players but our playing style. Teams have already figured out how to play against us to get a result.

Yes, the style makes the ball not go in the goal. Not the players missing and a bit of bad luck, at all.

13 hours ago, woznotwos said:

IMO you have to give him the summer to make changes that suit his style. Diabetes looks a good signing . Let him formulate his own team then in September we can call for his head when we are bottom.:claude:

If..

People saying we're playing "defence first", yet in the last three games (not counting Man City, because come on) we registered 54 shots. Sorry, but for me, that isn't defence first. However, our defensive record under Puel is so much better than it was before he came in. The fact is that we're getting no luck whatsoever right now, our final ball is a bit missing, but other than that we're almost playing perfectly (minus us being a bit absent in midfield as always). We largely control the game and produce a plethora of chances (half or clear), we just don't finish them.

Still have full faith in him, and people calling for him to be sacked despite us being eighth are absurd.

Edited by Beechey
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Yes, the style makes the ball not go in the goal. Not the players missing and a bit of bad luck, at all.

Similar situation at Southampton though. Before we needed only a few shots to get a goal and a few crosses.  The last few games we've had loads of possession but little return for that.

And yes it seems our luck has changed so many chances would've gone in on another day.  Maybe Puel is just an unlucky manager?

7 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

We're missing Okazaki for sure.

Let's hope he's back for the West Brom game

I Dont believe,we are Missing Okazaki....

We are Missing another Striker,who is capable

of playing,Up Front With Vardy,or without him,making his own name in the Team.

Nacho,still might grow into that Player.Its not quite going for him,I would still Keep him

now in the Side.We haven't been good without him,so let see If he can push a claim,

towards the EOS, hoping he can bring It together for next season.

Shinji can still be a good sub, and odd starter,Not forgetting Like Albrighton,the posters

Seen to be split, in both these  2 'marmite' Players.

Another Point,that is getting Passed by in these Last 4-6 Games,with or without Drago or Wes,

Our CB positions have done Well,over every Individual 90 minutes.

We have Not dropped Points 'because of/or from"  those 2 CB positions.

Unfortunately Amartey,seems to be getting hard injuries,Just as He might be

showing Manager and Fans,He could make that RB Position His.

Fuchs and Chilli ,are this season the Players making mistakes,in their Last 3rd defensive Games.

Last couple of home games we have gone a goal down during the first half. That skews the second half as teams are happy to try and hang onto what they have. gives a false picture of the game in stats as we are bound to register more possession, corners and shots as we chase an equaliser and the opposition dig in. Swansea - we should have gone 2 up and the game would have been done and dusted.  We have plenty more of these type of fixtures to come against sides happy to leave here with a point. 

Going three at the back yesterday was an interesting experiment as previously, we had always done this in the past when chasing the game and with the opposition less likely to be attacking. We looked pretty exposed and probably only got to grips with the game once we reverted to a back four and really upped the intensity. 

the secret to beating these sides is to out battle them. I’m not sure we have the mental approach to achieve this at the moment 

• Like 1