Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

Bournemouth post match 1-1

1 minute ago, Nigel Graham Pearson said:

Puel dropping Simpson shows he is willing to drop the old-guard non-footballers after all. I hope we’ll see Diabate on the wing next game. Don’t see why Iborra can’t be asking what James can do that he can’t, either. 

Diabaté must start and Dragovic must be in defence. Puel needs to look towards next year and players that want to play.

Just now, FIF said:

Diabaté must start and Dragovic must be in defence. Puel needs to look towards next year and players that want to play.

IF we play like this for the rest of the season he can kiss next season goodbye tbh. We are in the top half simply because the rest of the league is ****ing dross.

What a free kick at the end, crushed Bournemouth at the end - that made me happy. They got their gift of a goal and parked the bus. The pressure built and much as he didn’t really score, bringing on Iheanacho showed we need 2 up top. 

Anyway, saved by the magic of Riyad (and Begovic being unable to line up a wall properly). EDIT - just saw free kick again. It was magical from Riyad 

Point was what we deserved. Nothing more, nothing less. 

Edited by HoustonFox
Saw the free kick again

We scored at the death, but that was still pathetic.

Sick of the piss poor performances and results, especially considering the absolute shite opposition we've played over this bad run.

We'll be dead certs for relegation next season if this carries on.

Enough's enough.

Puel out.

• Like 1

Nacho, diabate have to start the next game, I'm not the biggest fan of Chilwell but felt he played alright today, it's frustrating that it takes us to go a goal down, then push and push for the last 20 mins, don't feel puels job is under threat at all, but that goal saved his skin with a few fans I can imagine 

Ref was beyond shit. Particularly linesman on the west stand - Cook wipes Vardy out when he's about to go one v one, no foul. Iheanacho spins his man, gets arms all over him, somehow committed a foul, but the linesman had his flag up before it even happened. Saw someone say it was the respect fixture, so typical we'd get hit with another display of gross incompetence.

Thought we were good until Amartey went off, then good after Nacho came on. Lost our chance of winning it in between there though, where bournemouth had us on the ropes. Albrighton in particular didn't seem to know if he was playing wing-back or right wing, and in the end didn't really play either. Stuck us in a lot of trouble and offered nothing - although still more than the bloody corners. What was it, 12 last week, 14 today and yet I don't remember more than a half chance from them combined. 

Edited by The Doctor
  • Like 3

Just isnt good enough another 2 points lost,  be lucky if top 10 by end of the season, given the finance we have, this just isn't good enough  we could been above arsenal,  but now we letting Burnley pull away from us, it get more depressing each week, don't tell me im overacting, you tell me how i should be impressed with 13 from 39 points? 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

Great goal but we are so bad. Should be beating teams like these at home, they are a very poor side! I keep saying it but dropping points at home to these, stoke, palace and Swansea is unacceptable. Also dropped points at home to WBA but can't blame Puel for that. We seem to be getting worse and Puel seems to be playing the same team with the same tactics and no plan b. Not good enough and unless we have a drastic upturn in from we will once again be looking for a new manager. I don't like us keep changing managers but I really don't like the way we are playing under Puel at the moment 

Apart from the all the changes he made today? 433 with Fuchs, Amartey, Silva in from the Stoke game.

There are things that you can criticise Puel for but he isn’t just playing the same team every week.

• Like 1

Another Meh performance.

Still a few things not quite right.

Against Stoke and today they played to our weakness.....Crosses and Corners we can do nothing with them so let us have as many as we like as we’re so so poor at them.

James I’m sorry isn’t up to standard. Top bloke unlucky with his injuries but needs moving on.

Puel has a big 9 games left to sort this squad out as a few players either not needed or not good enough.

Some strange decisions lately over the last month and I’m hoping he is just seeing his option still for next season.

I am slightly concerned of Vardy upfront on his own I’m sure that’s not the first time he has hardly had a sniff in front of goal.

I think we did deserve the point in the end. We were awful for most of the game but I felt that when Nacho came on we took control and made several chances and had endless corners it seems. We made more than enough attempts on goal to justify the draw. It had nothing to with Nacho mind, it just worked out that way.

But of course, I agree with the sentiment on here. We were largely inept for the whole game. It just looked like no one on the team knew what we were trying to do or how. At times I wondered if Puel has lost the dressing room (yes seriously it did look like this at times) but actually I think the players just don't understand what they are supposed to do. That's what it looks like to me, and they get frustrated as a result. Basically when we started kicking it long and getting physical / direct we made things happen. We just aren't good enough for tippy tappy right now.

I don't know why Iborra gets no game time, I would be tempted to put him and Ndidi together along with Okazaki when he is back, because that worked for us earlier in the season.

Great free-kick from Riyad, who was OK but nothing special. I thought Chilwell and Diabate combined quite nicely down the left actually.

End of the day more dropped points but at least we didn't lose.

Edited by StriderHiryu
  • Like 1

The only thing more frustrating than the current Premier League reffing standards, is our complete lacklustre displays these days. No quality (except for very rare moments of Mahrez magic) and completely void of any confidence. Midtable security is really frickin overrated... 

6 minutes ago, FIF said:

Embarrassing.

Just like Stoke we were playing a hopeless team at home and we couldn't cross or shoot. Our corners and all but the last free kick were truly terrible.

Best crosser and top player of the game was Chilwell by a mile.

Diabaté and Maguire were decent.

We had no creativity. Silva and Mahrez were so baaad but we know who'll get the motm from Leicester supporters.

Gray will still get the lowest score.

Who got you a point with a great free kick, hater? Gray?

#freemehrez.

Edited by ZeGuy

5 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

IF we play like this for the rest of the season he can kiss next season goodbye tbh. We are in the top half simply because the rest of the league is ****ing dross.

You're blaming Puel because our superstar isn't trying at either end of the pitch?

In case you didn't realise we were bottom 3 against the same dross when he arrived. And he's been able to bring in.... a ligue 2 player.

Hopefully he drops the old boys the rest of the way and plays people who make an effort.

and since I'm now out of posts I'll reply to ZEguy and the other Mehrez fans. He was lousy for 95 mins just like against Stoke last week. He cost us 4 points not won us 1.

Edited by Guest