Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

Bournemouth post match 1-1

3 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

IF we play like this for the rest of the season he can kiss next season goodbye tbh. We are in the top half simply because the rest of the league is ****ing dross.

Wanted to reply, since the match thread was closed as I came back. 

No one  with any decent pedigree would come to a club that sacks his manager every season.

Puel has this summer and the next season. We'll have a hard time if Mahrez leaves.

• Like 1

Next week is huge, I think he needs more time but if we cant go to West Brom bottom of the league zero confidence an not only dominate possession but win, then I will be worried, Puel needs a summer transfer window, an given the position we were in the league when he took over, as long as we are top 10 end of season, he deserves that.

2 minutes ago, southfox66 said:

Just isnt good enough another 2 points lost,  be lucky if top 10 by end of the season, given the finance we have, this just isn't good enough  we could been above arsenal,  but now we letting Burnley pull away from us, it get more depressing each week, don't tell me im overacting, you tell me how i should be impressed with 13 from 39 points? 

You're right. The worst thing is that it should have been easy to finish 6th this season with how badly every club outside the top 5 has been. No chance of that happening now. Our form is that bad. 2 wins in 12. Absolute rubbish.

• Like 1

We have no creativity if we play Ndidi and Jamea in midfield. It has to be Silva or Iborra instead of James. James has had his chance and he has not taken it. Time to get Iborra back in.

Also, we need Drago instead of Morgan if we want to keep better possession.

• Like 2

Last minute piece of genius has disguised what was another pathetic performance right across the pitch. James is hopeless, vardy is isolated. 

We have become such a boring, sideways, one dimensional team. No creativity, no attacking threat. Everything i hate in a football team.

I'm sorry Puel but you are one dull individual who doesn't learn from your mistakes. Wouldn't bat an eyelid if he got the sack.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, FIF said:

You're blaming Puel because our superstar isn't trying at either end of the pitch?

In case you didn't realise we were bottom 3 against the same dross when he arrived. And he's been able to bring in.... a ligue 2 player.

Hopefully he drops the old boys the rest of the way and plays people who make an effort.

I'm blaming puel for his tactics. 

I'm blaming puel for taking too long to do anything. 

I'm blaming puel for playing chilwell 

For playing James

For playing a system that completely nullifies vardy. 

For playing a championship player over a Euro winner and a Sevilla captain. 

There's so much he's underperforming on at present. But don't worry James will be back in next week, as will Morgan, as will albrighton, as will vardy. 

He dropped Simpson and didn't even have a bloody right back on the bench?? 

How are you not seeing this? 

We are where we are cause the rest of the league are on shit form.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ZeGuy said:

No one  with any decent pedigree would come to a club that sacks his manager every season.

Puel has this summer and the next season. We'll have a hard time if Mahrez leaves.

At last, a thoughtful post.

I also find it strange that Matty James has also come in for stick again, but Silva gave the ball away countless times and.....no criticism.

All in all, it was a result that feels like a win, but it has somewhat disguised another poor home performance against teams we should be beating.

I'm thinking we're beginning to see the Puel that Southampton saw last season.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him let go at the end of the season.

We're boring, lacking creativity and Vardy is completely isolated.

We must improve between now and the end of the season.

Edited by Tuna

5 minutes ago, Captain... said:

Apart from the all the changes he made today? 433 with Fuchs, Amartey, Silva in from the Stoke game.

There are things that you can criticise Puel for but he isn’t just playing the same team every week.

Ok then, picking the right team. And he keeps playing James when we have Iborra on the bench. And playing Wes over Drago when we looked solid with Drago and Harry. Whichever way you look at it, its all down to Puel. We have a decent squad, and should not be dropping points at home to the likes of these. And regardless of the result, we are defensively shambolic and have no cutting edge. We must be the only team that has all the possession and a ridiculous amount of corners but never look like scoring. Apart from a few scrappy moments in the box and the Mahrez chance 1st half, begovic had a very easy game. 

4 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

Mahrez is leaving. We won't hold on to him. 

The problem is nobody with decent pedigree would be making the decisions puel has been for the last month. I want him to succeed but we know what will happen next week.

Morgan, James, albrighton, vardy all first names on the team sheet and nothing changes. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, FIF said:

You're blaming Puel because our superstar isn't trying at either end of the pitch?

In case you didn't realise we were bottom 3 against the same dross when he arrived. And he's been able to bring in.... a ligue 2 player.

Hopefully he drops the old boys the rest of the way and plays people who make an effort.

and since I'm now out of posts I'll reply to ZEguy and the other Mehrez fans. He was lousy for 95 mins just like against Stoke last week. He cost us 4 points not won us 1.

You know I like to read your posts but as soon as it comes to Mahrez, boy you're so bitter and biased it's not even funny anymore. That's actually quite sad. The whole team beginning with the manager are actually shit and you still single out the only player who actually makes things happen, even if the has a bad game. 

We'll see next season how we'll fare without him.

2 minutes ago, Larry_LCFC said:

Last minute piece of genius has disguised what was another pathetic performance right across the pitch. James is hopeless, vardy is isolated. 

We have become such a boring, sideways, one dimensional team. No creativity, no attacking threat. Everything i hate in a football team.

I'm sorry Puel but you are one dull individual who doesn't learn from your mistakes. Wouldn't bat an eyelid if he got the sack.

Did James make one forward pass all day?

Seriously, I like him, but his form is suspect.

Also, we cannot play a back 3 because we have two not so fast CBs. Playing back 3 exposes the gaps they leave behind too much - look at what happened instantly after the first half change. This is not the first time this happened!

It’s just such dull football, possession stats mean nothing, we showed that when we won the league, just passing it around sideways and backwards will just mean lots of frustrating draws, when he took over he got us playing some lovely football I wish we could go back to that.

As I have mentioned numerous times we only have 2 players who can score, we need goals from throughout the side, it’s all very disappointing at the moment 

• Like 1

Waited til the last minute--then another minute--before turning it off to run & catch my train.  Worked like a charm.  :blink:

Next time I'll bag it at 90' and save us all six minutes of hell.

Can’t really see how Puell can keep picking players over what he has on the bench we looked solid when Iborra played. Dragovic and Maguire looked a solid combination keeping Silva on the bench is just incompetence he is a far better player than James!

Playing Vardy in this role is not working enough times for him to score he needs to be fed with a supporting player or to take his place when he’s got a few defenders on his shoulders, would rather have seen Okazaki than Nacho as he seems to offer little when he comes on twice if he could of kept going he could have put us in a promising position !!

But saying that also thought the Ref was swayed far too much of the game by Bournemouth players Thought King left his leg out far too much for the penalty went down a bit far too quickly Gosling was fouling like FUCH but went down far too easily screaming out in pain for not even a touch on him thought Bergovic should have been carded for the amount of time wasting he did !!

But the Positive what a Fooking superb Free kick really think he needed that for his confidence and for the fans let’s hope now that brings back the Riyad of old the Riyad we know and love best !!

Edited by justfoxes
  • Thanks 1

Mahrez was awful in the first half today and not much better in the second but a moment of magic like that is why we’re lucky to still have him. Probably Albrighton’s worst game in a Leicester shirt and I actually thought Fuchs was our best player today