Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

Bournemouth post match 1-1

We always seem to struggle against Bournemouth.

Thought Silva was poor today - offered very little. Surely he has enough time now to get over his extended holiday.

Albrighton I can have sympathy with for the penalty - he is not a right back. Cannot have any sympathy with Albrighton's succession of useless corners though.

Amartey going off was a disaster (not helped by Claude's curious decision to not even have Simpson on the bench).

Edited by theadmans

21 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Mahrez is leaving. We won't hold on to him. 

The problem is nobody with decent pedigree would be making the decisions puel has been for the last month. I want him to succeed but we know what will happen next week.

Morgan, James, albrighton, vardy all first names on the team sheet and nothing changes. 

Morgan was okay today even if I really want Drago to start. Albrighton was shit, like last week and Vardy simply isn't suited to this kind of system. It's tailored for Slim who was loaned, the biggest mistake we could make this season.

I'm suspecting that the player power and old guard in the dressing room isn't something we can laugh off.

Edited by ZeGuy
  • Like 2

Too slow to the second ball.

Too slow in our build up allowing the opposition to get back and organised.

Too few ideas in how to breakthrough a defence.

Ineffective on corners.

Lack of creativity.

What has happened to the slick passing game we saw earler in the season under Puel?

Apart from that we played well!!!

Edited by oldbluefox
Amend text

2 minutes ago, Beachyboy said:

Next week is huge, I think he needs more time but if we cant go to West Brom bottom of the league zero confidence an not only dominate possession but win, then I will be worried, Puel needs a summer transfer window, an given the position we were in the league when he took over, as long as we are top 10 end of season, he deserves that.

If you're happy with mid table mediocrity then he has a job for life.

I couldn't watch this tripe week in week out.

Give me relegation battles over this any time.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

You know I like to read your posts but as soon as it comes to Mahrez, boy you're so bitter and biased it's not even funny anymore. That's actually quite sad. The whole team beginning with the manager are actually shit and you still single out the only player who actually makes things happen, even if the has a bad game. 

We'll see next season how we'll fare without him.

Agree. Mahrez was the only player looking likely to make something today. And he did. How can anyone criticise him??

• Thanks 2

The only good thing about that outcome is the thought of that smug git Howe feeling gutted to miss out on a win with virtually the last kick of the game.

A brilliant goal from Riyad saved our bacon but even though we were poor overall I still felt we deserved something from the game on the balance of play and chances. And the goal served Bournemouth right for their incessant time wasting in the second half, which gave us the extra time we needed. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ZeGuy said:

Morgan was okay today even if I really want Drago to start. Albrighton was shit, like last week and Vardy simply isn't suited to this this kind of system. It's tailored for Slim who was loaned, the biggest mistake we could make this season.

I'm suspecting that the player power and old guard in the dressing room isn't something we can laugh off.

Problem is it's been the same going all the way back to the miracle survival season but nobody takes it by the scruff of the neck. 

Couldn't make it today because of the adverse weather, however, did listen on LCFC Radio. How we didn't score 3 or 4 in the second half is beyond me.

Another game where we dominated but lacking that killer instinct.

Mahrez confirmed again is price tag of £90-100M easily.

• Like 1

I think a bit of credit for the way Bournemouth defended, we absolutely bombarded them in the second half.

The team really is a mixed bag, we do have some real quality in Maguire , Mahrez, N'didi , Vardy, and the new lad Diabate looks a real find. We need to improve our wish list when it comes to shedding out the real money as we are pretty sh#t when it comes to that department,  Musa, Slimani , Silva, Nacho, just to name a few. If we are going to progress stop wasting money on average players, ship out the crap in the summer and build the team around our quality players.

• Like 1

Just now, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

This whole Nacho cant play behind Vardy thing is bullshit. We need to be starting him behind Vardy

Diabate made the difference, not Nacho. I like the latter but he's really struggling as a supporting striker. Not his game.

15 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Ref was beyond shit. Particularly linesman on the west stand - Cook wipes Vardy out when he's about to go one v one, no foul. Iheanacho spins his man, gets arms all over him, somehow committed a foul, but the linesman had his flag up before it even happened. Saw someone say it was the respect fixture, so typical we'd get hit with another display of gross incompetence.

Thought we were good until Amartey went off, then good after Nacho came on. Lost our chance of winning it in between there though, where bournemouth had us on the ropes. Albrighton in particular didn't seem to know if he was playing wing-back or right wing, and in the end didn't really play either. Stuck us in a lot of trouble and offered nothing - although still more than the bloody corners. What was it, 12 last week, 14 today and yet I don't remember more than a half chance from them combined. 

You summed it up well mate. I am livid not winning and incredibly grateful in the end. I don’t understand what our plan is other than we’re bang average save McGuire and Wilfred who put in the effort. Riyad too for getting us out of jail. Ref was awful apart from adding the extra minute at the end ?

Can people now see why Southampton got fed up? 

Why do we need to be one down before we make any effort at trying to score? Let us get at teams from the start like we're good at for gods sake. People can pick individual players out as much as they like but it's poor management. 

To puels credit I thought we started we'll, like we were going to play with intent from the off. However after Amarty got injured his choice of formation was confusing to say the least. Constantly left 3 on 3. Back four again was better second half but again we didn't look like scoring until  Bournemouth decided they didn't want to again either. 

15 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Ref was beyond shit. Particularly linesman on the west stand - Cook wipes Vardy out when he's about to go one v one, no foul. Iheanacho spins his man, gets arms all over him, somehow committed a foul, but the linesman had his flag up before it even happened. Saw someone say it was the respect fixture, so typical we'd get hit with another display of gross incompetence.

Thought we were good until Amartey went off, then good after Nacho came on. Lost our chance of winning it in between there though, where bournemouth had us on the ropes. Albrighton in particular didn't seem to know if he was playing wing-back or right wing, and in the end didn't really play either. Stuck us in a lot of trouble and offered nothing - although still more than the bloody corners. What was it, 12 last week, 14 today and yet I don't remember more than a half chance from them combined. 

Agree with Albrighton, even when he is put on the wing I don't think he knows exactly what he's doing with the ball, is it Puel telling him to keep putting in desperate crosses to an isolated Vardy??

2 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

Couldn't make it today because of the adverse weather, however, did listen on LCFC Radio. How we didn't score 3 or 4 in the second half is beyond me.

Another game where we dominated but lacking that killer instinct.

Mahrez confirmed again is price tag of £90-100M easily.

That there is a good reason to not take radio commentary as anything like what really happened.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, ZeGuy said:

Diabate made the difference, not Nacho. I like the latter but he's really struggling as a supporting striker. Not his game.

Diabate did look good and always looks promising. Has to start over Albrighton. Kelechi came on and made a few useful passes with the ball from that position and we know he can score. We have a much better chance playing him up top with Vardy than what we're doing now. Should be alternating him and Shinji and Diabate should be keeping Albrighton out of the team

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ZeGuy said:

Come on. He only had like 30 mins on the pitch. Not his game when they were already starting to just loop high balls into the box. He is a quality player and should start more.

6 minutes ago, Head Honcho said:

What? 

First 8 to 10 games Puel had we were playing some beautiful football. every team goes through periods of good and bad form and I would still have Puel that Big Shakey because at the beginning of the season we were really awful.

2 minutes ago, The Guvnor said:

I think a bit of credit for the way Bournemouth defended, we absolutely bombarded them in the second half.

The team really is a mixed bag, we do have some real quality in Maguire , Mahrez, N'didi , Vardy, and the new lad Diabate looks a real find. We need to improve our wish list when it comes to shedding out the real money as we are pretty sh#t when it comes to that department,  Musa, Slimani , Silva, Nacho, just to name a few. If we are going to progress stop wasting money on average players, ship out the crap in the summer and build the team around our quality players.

Bit harsh on nacho, he did well when hr came on i thought. Bar what looked a poor decision (from where I sit admittedly so correct me if i'm wrong) he would have been one on one and probably got a goal. 

8 minutes ago, Head Honcho said:

No thanks, relegation battles are not fun when you lose them.