Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

Bournemouth post match 1-1

7 minutes ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

Only one win in six, given the team's we've played is pretty gash. Is it just bad luck i.e. small margins? Or are we going that backwards. We have been for a long time a form team - either utterly woeful or awesome, nothing in between.

Negative tactics, disorganised players, who don’t know what they are expected to do, and players devoid of confidence and hiding 

4 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

Agree it was pretty bad but come on. 

Ridiculous statement.

We scored from an injury time free kick  at home against yet another struggling team. When did Begovic make a save worthy of the name? We are so easy to defend against I can't see where the next win is coming from.

2 minutes ago, Monsell1976 said:

Negative tactics, disorganised players, who don’t know what they are expected to do, and players devoid of confidence and hiding 

Yes, last week too. Wishing the ball to someone else all game. Making no runs, going backwards at the first opportunity.

6 minutes ago, SamSamSam said:

I think Silva needs to find his feet within the team and the premier league. Once he does, he'll be a fantastic player for us. Yeah, he gave away the ball with some awful passes a few times, but there were also glimpses of class in there too. Iborra needed five or six games for it to gel. I think Silva needs the same. He's had a long lay off and people expecting him to jump into the side and just be fantastic is naive. 

That being said, we need to be winning these sort of games, so it's a catch 22. Iborra would be starting ahead of James for me. James puts the effort in, but if you're relying on him to cover, then I'm picking Iborra. I don't think he offers enough going forward, especially when paired with Ndidi. I'll be happy when Shinji can play again. He hasn't got many seasons left in him, but he's a game changer with the amount of effort he gives and chances he creates. If we can't beat West Brom next week, then I'm at a complete loss with Puel. 

How  can say you Silva will be a fantastic player for us . Based on what? He tries stupid tricks at the wrong time, has little strength or pace and looks a million miles away from fantastic. Iborra might bring the best out of him, but it's a big if for me

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Blue Ed said:

What? 

First 8 to 10 games Puel had we were playing some beautiful football. every team goes through periods of good and bad form and I would still have Puel that Big Shakey because at the beginning of the season we were really awful.

Shakey had a good run when he took over from Claudio and then it went downhill. And it seems the same is happening with Puel. While we may be passing the ball better under Puel I wouldn't say we have been any better in the past 5 league games than we were under Shakey. Even though we have a favourable fixture list until the end of the season, I genuinely don't see where our next win is coming from at the moment. I can't understand how we can dominate Chelsea at their place and comfortably beat Watford and hudds and then draw 3 home games in a row against dreadful teams. 

1 minute ago, kingfox said:

That point will just paper over obvious cracks, that was yet again poor, I'd say even worse than the Stoke performance in parts.

Going forward we were hopeless till the last 10 mins. Vardy has turned into DJ Campbell, keeps getting offside and his touch keeps letting him down, Mahrez overall was hopeless again, kept giving the ball away and Albrighton was in his hit and hope mode today, poor crossing again from him. 

Our lack of composure on the ball ball is also a major problem, so many loose passes from the defenders and midfielders, Silva especially was hopeless, he did fvck all to stake his place in the side.

Another worrying performance in all honesty, I see zero improvements under Puel, we're still bang average in defence and we look worse going forward.

Albrighton was a train wreck in the first half once they moved him to RB. But that's where I blame the roster composition. Albrighton or an out of position Dragovic were the options. I do think if you're going to commit to Claude long term you have to let him reshape the club. The best player wants out. The leading goal scorer isn't getting any younger - they have to evolve.  And that probably means taking a step or two back until Claude can get more of his guys in there to get some roster depth going.  He's trying to change the team and make it younger so they can create something with a little sustainability - but at times right now he's forced to put square pegs in round holes.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

second half we absolutely battered them but couldn’t score til the last kick of the game. frustrating but hardly as rubbish as everyone’s making out. first half was shit yeah, for the last half hour we were literally camped in their six yard box but they got an incredible amount of bodies in the way time and time again. 

still, need to work out how to break teams down/not concede stupid goals and allow teams to sit back. 

Probably the best summary.

Guest Col city fan

Genuine shame for Amartey btw. If that was a hammy, he's out for weeks and it sounded like he was our best player till the injury.

Just now, TeaMen Tom said:

Albrighton was a train wreck in the first half once they moved him to RB. But that's where I blame the roster composition. Albrighton or an out of position Dragovic were the options. I do think if you're going to commit to Claude long term you have to let him reshape the club. The best player wants out. The leading goal scorer isn't getting any younger - they have to evolve.  And that probably means taking a step or two back until Claude can get more of his guys in there to get some roster depth going.  He's trying to change the team and make it younger so they can create something with a little sustainability - but at times right now he's forced to put square pegs in round holes.

Roster? This is soccer me old fruit!

We should be winning at home with the likes of Stoke, Bournemouth etc. If they had Vardy instead Stanislas they would've humiliated us. We resemble relegation candidates for long periods of time, only stepping up a gear after conceding and very rarely look like creating and scoring anything. The 1 point not thanks to manager or team play, it's purely thanks to one players individual brilliance (and it's worrying to think what could happen next season when he's gone and we still play like this). Puels tactical decisions are puzzling, he seems he just doesn't have a clue who to play, changing things often but rarely makes the right decision on time.. His preference is to pick safe mediocre players over potential game changers/point winners. Today we lost the midfield at home again and James is quickly turning into next Andy King.

Also I bet Vardy is counting days without Shinji as he's barely a threat to any defence these days... NEED OKA BACK ASAP!!!

2 minutes ago, vanity said:

Ridiculous. Another game with overly defensive personnel where Riyad has to bail us out. 

- When we FINALLY brought in Diabate, which meant we FINALLY had an actual attacking player on the left instead of just Ben of House One Leg, we suddenly were able to completely dominate the game. Why is Claude so frightened against a team averaging less than a goal per game when away from home? Why does he insist on fielding defensive players and urging them to attack instead of simply fielding attacking players up front? You cannot start a game with Chilwell and Albrighton on the same side with Ndidi and James in the middle and field a balanced attack.

- Speaking of Albrighton, bless his heart, I love the guy, rough penalty, and he was incredibly useful today as a utility player. That said, he is a defensive player with ok ball control and a bit of burst, he can get around players, but all he can do is send in crosses, he doesn't look to score. When we are in open play, this has been pretty well worthless of late. Wes claims to be 6-1, but that's only true if we're rounding up -- I appreciate his strength in the box allows him to make room, and he was seemingly our most capable crossing target, but it is really rough going if your best attacking opportunities are crossing to your 6-0 tall CB. Claude, when you field a defensive side, you lose the creativity necessary to breakdown the defense. How many times are you going to insist on making the same mistake?

- What do we think about Silva? He didn't cover himself in glory, but he had very little support in terms of players around him he could play off of. Claude, go back and watch the first half of the Man City game. Watch how Silva plays off Diabate to break the Man City press. Silva is not a "break the box down" type of AM, he isn't a Hazard brother, but he is effective when he gets to make a run with the ball.  But if he is doing that, and then hands it off to a teammate, that teammate needs to be able to maintain possession and get the ball back to him. We saw Diabate and Silva pair up exceedingly effectively 1st half of Man City. But today, Silva had nobody to pair with. Mahrez was being marked by several defenders most of the time, and Albrighton doesn't have the touch. So it was Silva coming forward with nobody to partner with. Before we start thinking Silva shouldn't be starting, let him play with some players up front who can help him. 

- Ndidi is worthless right now as an attacking player, he is poor on the ball, he is young and improving, but come the F on Claude, accept it and MOVE ON, stop trying to fit a square peg into a round hole. The reality is that Ndidi's failures as an attacking player seemed to get in his head and impact his defending.

- People are crapping on James, and I get why, but he isn't bad to my eyes, he is the guy who is constantly helping his teammates double the man on the ball while keeping an eye on the middle, and he is pretty dogged about that. But his lateral mobility is below average, which makes him look slower than he is, and prevents him from actually getting in to the action as much as we need him to. Iborra is allegedly healthy, IDK how he isn't given a look. Before the game, I wanted Chilwell at RB, but at this point, it is clear that isn't working. Can we go with Albrighton?

Amartey-Dragovic-Maguire-Albrighton 

Ndidi 

Iborra                 Silva

Riyad                             Diabate

Vardy

Probably will be criticized, but we need our best players on the field, and Albrighton brings more on both sides of the ball vis-a-vis Chilwell. I think we need to take a long look at playing Albrighton as a LB. He can get forward, use his crossing ability if need be, but leave attacking the left edge of the defense to Diabate. 

- Playing Morgan didn't hurt us on the scoreboard, and he got himself in position to miss several excellent scoring opportunities, which is good in a sense. But if you play Morgan, that is one more player on the pitch who isn't good with the ball at his feet unless he doesn't have a man on him. When you have him, Ndidi, and James all in the middle together, that is a recipe for being dispossessed in front of your goal, which we saw happen REPEATEDLY today. If Puel is convinced Morgan brings more to the team than Dragon, ok, but you need to offset his lack of on-ball ability by giving Silva players to play the ball off of. If you are trying to protect Morgan with two defensive MF in front of him, then we need to stop trying to build from the back. 

- Going with Morgan in my formation above would be fine, though I prefer Dragon. Perhaps Wes brings something intangible to the team that is more valuable than having a younger, faster, slightly better CB on the field. Replacing Amartey with Simpson would work as well.  

- Losing Amartey hurt, I thought having him start was a smart move from Puel. 

- We really miss Shinji. Playing Iheanacho out of position doesn't help us, and only hurts his confidence. We need a Shinji replacement ASAP. I know we have tried to find one repeatedly, but we haven't found one yet and need to keep looking.

- I think we need to start thinking about starting Iheanacho over Vardy situationally. Vardy is simply too easy to take away when our only other real threat is Mahrez. I know 90% of the fans on hear will view that as sacrilege, but Iheanacho at the head of the attack might give us a more balanced look. 

- FFS, with all these corners and crosses, my kingdom for a healthy Slimani. He'd have had hat tricks the last two games. If we had him instead of Iheanacho today, I think he'd have feasted. At a minimum, his presence would've forced the defense to come out of the box to attack Albrighton to prevent the crosses, which naturally would open up the defense a bit.

Fuchs I am a long-winded SOB today.

I like your formation, but with a proper left back please. Let Wilf concentrate on disrupting with the two continental passers in front.

How frustrating is football, and LCFC at the mo. I wish...

Amartey hadn't got injured, it ruined our shape

Iborra hadn't fallen out with Puel, or vice versa

We had a bit of a break in front of goal, cos the second half was ok in terms of chance creation, if not quality of play

Mahrezgate hadn't happened, cos it has killed our momentum

Puel didn't have to show respect for the old guard by giving them a chance to play his way

Albrighton didn't have a shocker, terrible challenge for the peno

The officials didn't have a mare

We tried to to get the ball down and play properly, as we did when Puel arrived

Puel had started at a better time, the window came too early for him

FT wasn't like a adolescent lynch mob at times, waiting for the next target to hang, draw and quarter

Dragovic was back in the side, we were playing decent footy when he was in

We had some pace at the back, you can see what Ake gives to Bournmouth

Chilwell didn't seem scared to cross

Vardy had someone close to him

Slim hadn't gone on loan, tho he has been injured

We could fit Nacho in the starting 11 at home

Shinji wasn't injured

We would give Puel time to mould our side, because some of these aren't really his kind of players

Silva had been played deeper, with the game more in front of him

etc,etc

If wishes were horses, beggars would ride... and my horse would be particularly large, fine and dappled grey, cos that is my favourite colour on a horse. :rolleyes:

Chin up everyone, worse things happen at sea, and Burnley aren't all that.

• Like 4

It's hard to know what to say. We look a bit out of form and uncertain. Silva isn't great but I think he hasn't found a way into our rather odd structure yet. Vardy is now isolated for long periods of time. 

However... 

It wasn't a loss, they didn't give up, the players still care. It wasn't a disgrace.

Unlike the 3 gits who sit near me, never singing, never cheering, never encouraging, but abusing our players and shouting 'Puel out'. These people are probably kind to children and small animals away from the match, but their version of support is a total and utter disgrace. I have a photo of them and I'm tempted to share it here. 

Edited by HighPeakFox
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Claridge said:

How  can say you Silva will be a fantastic player for us . Based on what? He tries stupid tricks at the wrong time, has little strength or pace and looks a million miles away from fantastic. Iborra might bring the best out of him, but it's a big if for me

Because I can see it in him and I've seen him play for Sporting and Portugal. When he's at his best he makes a difference, especially going forward. I never said he was fantastic for us now. I'm saying I think he will be given time to gel with the team and find his feet. 

Edited by SamSamSam

11 minutes ago, Monsell1976 said:

possession: 67:33%

shots: 22:9

on goal 4:3.

Negative tactics? Are you talking about Bournemouth?

4 minutes ago, vanity said:

Ridiculous. Another game with overly defensive personnel where Riyad has to bail us out. 

- When we FINALLY brought in Diabate, which meant we FINALLY had an actual attacking player on the left instead of just Ben of House One Leg, we suddenly were able to completely dominate the game. Why is Claude so frightened against a team averaging less than a goal per game when away from home? Why does he insist on fielding defensive players and urging them to attack instead of simply fielding attacking players up front? You cannot start a game with Chilwell and Albrighton on the same side with Ndidi and James in the middle and field a balanced attack.

- Speaking of Albrighton, bless his heart, I love the guy, rough penalty, and he was incredibly useful today as a utility player. That said, he is a defensive player with ok ball control and a bit of burst, he can get around players, but all he can do is send in crosses, he doesn't look to score. When we are in open play, this has been pretty well worthless of late. Wes claims to be 6-1, but that's only true if we're rounding up -- I appreciate his strength in the box allows him to make room, and he was seemingly our most capable crossing target, but it is really rough going if your best attacking opportunities are crossing to your 6-0 tall CB. Claude, when you field a defensive side, you lose the creativity necessary to breakdown the defense. How many times are you going to insist on making the same mistake?

- What do we think about Silva? He didn't cover himself in glory, but he had very little support in terms of players around him he could play off of. Claude, go back and watch the first half of the Man City game. Watch how Silva plays off Diabate to break the Man City press. Silva is not a "break the box down" type of AM, he isn't a Hazard brother, but he is effective when he gets to make a run with the ball.  But if he is doing that, and then hands it off to a teammate, that teammate needs to be able to maintain possession and get the ball back to him. We saw Diabate and Silva pair up exceedingly effectively 1st half of Man City. But today, Silva had nobody to pair with. Mahrez was being marked by several defenders most of the time, and Albrighton doesn't have the touch. So it was Silva coming forward with nobody to partner with. Before we start thinking Silva shouldn't be starting, let him play with some players up front who can help him. 

- Ndidi is worthless right now as an attacking player, he is poor on the ball, he is young and improving, but come the F on Claude, accept it and MOVE ON, stop trying to fit a square peg into a round hole. The reality is that Ndidi's failures as an attacking player seemed to get in his head and impact his defending.

- People are crapping on James, and I get why, but he isn't bad to my eyes, he is the guy who is constantly helping his teammates double the man on the ball while keeping an eye on the middle, and he is pretty dogged about that. But his lateral mobility is below average, which makes him look slower than he is, and prevents him from actually getting in to the action as much as we need him to. Iborra is allegedly healthy, IDK how he isn't given a look. Before the game, I wanted Chilwell at RB, but at this point, it is clear that isn't working. Can we go with Albrighton?

Amartey-Dragovic-Maguire-Albrighton 

Ndidi 

Iborra                 Silva

Riyad                             Diabate

Vardy

Probably will be criticized, but we need our best players on the field, and Albrighton brings more on both sides of the ball vis-a-vis Chilwell. I think we need to take a long look at playing Albrighton as a LB. He can get forward, use his crossing ability if need be, but leave attacking the left edge of the defense to Diabate. 

- Playing Morgan didn't hurt us on the scoreboard, and he got himself in position to miss several excellent scoring opportunities, which is good in a sense. But if you play Morgan, that is one more player on the pitch who isn't good with the ball at his feet unless he doesn't have a man on him. When you have him, Ndidi, and James all in the middle together, that is a recipe for being dispossessed in front of your goal, which we saw happen REPEATEDLY today. If Puel is convinced Morgan brings more to the team than Dragon, ok, but you need to offset his lack of on-ball ability by giving Silva players to play the ball off of. If you are trying to protect Morgan with two defensive MF in front of him, then we need to stop trying to build from the back. 

- Going with Morgan in my formation above would be fine, though I prefer Dragon. Perhaps Wes brings something intangible to the team that is more valuable than having a younger, faster, slightly better CB on the field. Replacing Amartey with Simpson would work as well.  

- Losing Amartey hurt, I thought having him start was a smart move from Puel. 

- We really miss Shinji. Playing Iheanacho out of position doesn't help us, and only hurts his confidence. We need a Shinji replacement ASAP. I know we have tried to find one repeatedly, but we haven't found one yet and need to keep looking.

- I think we need to start thinking about starting Iheanacho over Vardy situationally. Vardy is simply too easy to take away when our only other real threat is Mahrez. I know 90% of the fans on hear will view that as sacrilege, but Iheanacho at the head of the attack might give us a more balanced look. 

- FFS, with all these corners and crosses, my kingdom for a healthy Slimani. He'd have had hat tricks the last two games. If we had him instead of Iheanacho today, I think he'd have feasted. At a minimum, his presence would've forced the defense to come out of the box to attack Albrighton to prevent the crosses, which naturally would open up the defense a bit.

Fuchs I am a long-winded SOB today.

Great post! 

34 minutes ago, RutlanderFox said:

Mahrez was awful in the first half today and not much better in the second but a moment of magic like that is why we’re lucky to still have him. Probably Albrighton’s worst game in a Leicester shirt and I actually thought Fuchs was our best player today

Same thought here just wondered why Puell replaced him unless he was knackered !!

Just now, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

I like your formation, but with a proper left back please. Let Wilf concentrate on disrupting with the two continental passers in front.

Who do you want, Chilwell or Fuchs then? I suppose I go with Fuchs. Watching Chilwell today was incredibly frustrating for me, but perhaps you saw things I didn't.