Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DB11

Match Ratings : Leicester City 1-1 AFC Bournemouth - Vote Now

11 minutes ago, Dickov22 said:

And that shows you know absolutely nothing about football. 

And you can continue to treat Mahrez like he's gods gift to Leicester.

Yesterday was exactly like Stoke, Mahrez, Albrighton and Vardy were all terrible in attacking situations.

If you couldn't see that then you know absolutely nothing about football.

• Like 2

Schmeichel - 6 - hardly anything to do

Amartey - N/A - simply not on long enough

Morgan - 5 - worked hard, but past it now. Bring back Dragovic ASAP.

Maguire - 7 - MotM. Everywhere.

Fuchs - 6 - best match for a while (even though he's as past it as Morgan is) and an infinitely better defender than Chilwell. Should never have been taken off.

Ndidi - 5 - good defensively (if only he could tackle cleanly), but other than 'shoot on sight', hasn't got a clue going forward

James - 4 - a total waste of space. The New Andy King.

Silva - 4 - as for James (except we paid BIG money for him)

Mahrez - 6 - saviour again, but if only he passed a bit more

Albrighton - 5 - 6 for his midfield / attacking role, 4 for his defensive one. He can't defend to save his life.

Vardy - 6 - without him we're totally lost

Chilwell - 5 - as for Albrighton 

Iheanacho - 5 - tries and has some ability, but seems totally lost when he has to think about what to do

Diabate - 6 - once again, we looked so much better when he came on. He really does give us impetus, but is still not (yet) a 90 minute player 

Puel - 3 - for the first time, I'm starting to think he's not the answer for us. Seems at a total loss to correctly choose and set up an effective team for any match   

Edited by Outfox the Fox
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, chris_lcfc_85 said:

Anybody rating matty James lower than silva are only doing that because they don't like James 

SIlva and James both got 4’s for me (and I don’t like James).

Difference being James had 90 mins of being a 4, silva got subbed...

James offers us nothing in terms of creativity. How he plays ahead of Iborra and silva is a mystery...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kingfox said:

Yesterday was exactly like Stoke, Mahrez, Albrighton and Vardy were all terrible in attacking situations.

To me he is god’s gift to Leicester. One of the most skilful and fantastic players in the world is wearing our shirt. Enjoy him while it lasts. 

1 hour ago, Dickov22 said:

To me he is god’s gift to Leicester. One of the most skilful and fantastic players in the world is wearing our shirt. Enjoy him while it lasts. 

Enjoy him lol

I enjoyed the free kick, I didn't enjoy him giving the ball away numerous times.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, kingfox said:

You must be blind !!! He was the most creative and the most dangerous player ! Not lucky he could mad 3 goals easily watch the game again no one was playing with creative then him :( stop that ! Mahrez is Leicester and Leicester is him ! He was awesome 1 pint at 96 mn what else asking for a winger ???

51 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

The likes of Silva, Iborra, Mahrez etc will give the ball away because they actually try and do stuff.

You want a team of Matt James who constantly pass 5 yards back and sideways. 

What's Matty James got to do with anything, I gave him a 4 because he didn't do much.

Silva and Mahrez kept giving the ball away so therefore they don't deserve a positive rating.

Morgan gets stick, James gets stick but what the fvck did Silva and Mahrez do for the majority of the game yesterday?

Neither stood out, neither played well, hence the poor ratings.

One reason why I gave Silva and Mahrez better marks is because they actually try to create something, even if they failed so often at least they tried do their best to inject something resembling life to our anemic attacks. Often they fail and lose the ball but at least they try while James goes into hiding just as King did. I don't dislike any player. And I like James more than Mahrez (who is a bit of a cnut and I won't shed a tear when he finally leaves, but we have to play him) that's for sure, but let's reflect on the score again and try to answer a simple question: who saved us from humiliation at home? One player and that's exactly why I gave Mahrez 7. Maybe an exaggeration it surely wasn't a great performance from him but you can't argue with the goal who gave us a point.

The rest got 5s and 6s, only 3s for James, Albrigton (that's partly Puels fault as he played him out of position but he's getting increasingly useless in attack recently) and for Puel himself. Claude had another mare. If he's unable to assemble a motivated, functional team out of the players who are (mostly!) individually better than their counterparts at Stoke, Bournemouth, West Brom, Swansea etc and continue to play at KP as they were visitors then I see no point in keeping him here for the next season. As someone said in the other thread, we're experiencing flashbacks from the Shakey's reign.

23 hours ago, Dickov22 said:

Enjoyed the 3 seconds for the free kick, didn't enjoy the numerous corners and fks which were useless nor the giving away the ball nor the lack of defence.

He's not passing the ball enough, playing very selfishly when others should get the ball and sadly his shooting isn't that good. The one on one should have been an easy chip over the gk who was already down on the floor.

You keep your worship for 9 more games. I'll support Leicester City.

1 hour ago, FIF said:

Enjoyed the 3 seconds for the free kick, didn't enjoy the numerous corners and fks which were useless nor the giving away the ball nor the lack of defence.

He's not passing the ball enough, playing very selfishly when others should get the ball and sadly his shooting isn't that good. The one on one should have been an easy chip over the gk who was already down on the floor.

This is very pernickety.

I could pick the bones out of every player - Albrighton's corners and free kicks were shit (as they are every week); Vardy missed chance (he curled the ball clear over the bar but should have hit the target); James was constantly going back (as usual); Maguire constantly coming out of defence (which I'm not surprised given there's no creativity in centre midfield but constantly lost the ball doing it); Kasper's distribution was constantly very very poor (as it is every week)......

Mahrez is our only creative player. I'm not bothered if he picks the ball up, drives forward while not passing and shooting on sight because at least he's actually doing it. It's better than watching Kasper kick the ball straight out of play and James knocking back and forth with the defence all game. When a player tries to actually do something, he's bound to lose the ball more.

We're going sideways far too much so I'm not surprised a player like Mahrez gets frustrated or wants to try to do something himself. The exact same happened to Hazard yesterday because Chelsea were too negative, eventually he was substituted off.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, BornBlue said:

I though Ndidi was legendary. He was absolutely everywhere - like Kante used to me. Silva was the biggest disappointment.

Not sure if it's ok saying this, but prefer Ndidi to Kante..

He's able to tackle and track back, but he's also able to use his effective offensive side for the team as well (the latter something on which Kante rarely did).

8 hours ago, FIF said:

Incredible post. Are you actually for real? I can’t work it out. Who cares if he loses the ball a lot when he pulls that one out of the bag in the 97th minute. Robbed us a point . Funny how Pep Guardiola can see it, but you can’t eh? I think I know whose judgement I agree with. 

6 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Not sure if it's ok saying this, but prefer Ndidi to Kante..

He's able to tackle and track back, but he's also able to use his effective offensive side for the team as well (the latter something on which Kante rarely did).

Ndidi is good but he ain’t that good! 

I believe everybody is missing the important point - we're missing our catalyst - Shinji....

of course, it doesn't help that Claude has released our options of Ulloa and the injured Slimani. At least we could change it round a bit. Albrighton has been really terrible these last few games. What's happened to Gray - is he injured?

I find KingFox's comments fairly realistic.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Dickov22 said:

Incredible post. Are you actually for real? I can’t work it out. Who cares if he loses the ball a lot when he pulls that one out of the bag in the 97th minute. Robbed us a point . Funny how Pep Guardiola can see it, but you can’t eh? I think I know whose judgement I agree with. 

Maybe Pep can afford to carry a player. Not that Mahrez would get in the Man city team.

You seem to be happy with a point at home to Stoke and Bournemouth. We are not Man City.

25 minutes ago, HunKs said:

I believe everybody is missing the important point - we're missing our catalyst - Shinji....

of course, it doesn't help that Claude has released our options of Ulloa and the injured Slimani. At least we could change it round a bit. Albrighton has been really terrible these last few games. What's happened to Gray - is he injured?

I find KingFox's comments fairly realistic.

Yes, we miss Okazaki.

No, just been crap for a while and then dropped.

Edited by ZeGuy

Although I love Marc Albrighton and he was a good acquisition - Do you really think that he's been playing well for the last few games? This has nothing to do with the penalty - at least he was back, trying to help out... Gray, although raw, is another unpredictable that can win a game on his day!!

On 04/03/2018 at 13:34, Dickov22 said:

If we're going to talk about mythical beings and gifts I think of Mahrez more like Santa Claus. He gives great presents but most of the time doesn't do much.

My stance is simple to understand, I'm a Leicester City supporter, Mahrez has made it clear he doesn't want to play for us and his selfishness is hurting my team. I thank him for his play in 2015/16 and the few minutes here and there that he gives us most weeks. He has another 9 games or so in a Leicester shirt, I've moved on and I want to watch players who are going to make an effort for the TEAM, play. I love great, skilfull football but I've followed Leicester through many years of turgid play too and never once wanted to watch ManCity instead. I'll be just as happy watching my team next season without Mahrez as I was watching my team this year with him (probably more so). I'm excited to see what Diabaté, Gray and Thomas can do in place of Mahrez and Albrighton. I'm excited to see who Leicester bring in with the money they get from his sale.

Once he leaves he's not Leicester, I wish him no ill-will and hope he has a decent career but considering how he has been for the last 2 seasons I hope he doesn't win another trophy. I'd laugh if he goes to a "big" team where he'll just be a benchwarmer like our Danny (whom I loved during his time here). In time I'll forgive Mahrez as I have eventually forgiven Lineker but being a Leicester fan I really won't care too much where he goes in the future or what he does.

I've followed Leicester long enough to know that there's always another player just around the corner.

2 hours ago, FIF said:

Maybe Pep can afford to carry a player. Not that Mahrez would get in the Man city team.

You seem to be happy with a point at home to Stoke and Bournemouth. We are not Man City.

No, not happy with a point in particular. But it would have been 0 points against Bournemouth if it weren’t for Riyad. 

11 minutes ago, Dickov22 said:

No, not happy with a point in particular. But it would have been 0 points against Bournemouth if it weren’t for Riyad. 

That's the simple view that I find so annoying. 

If we'd have had Daibaté (or anyone else) on from the begining instead of Mahrez it might easily have been 3 points. Bournemouth were no big deal, we should have beaten them playing our second team. Mahrez took terrible corners, missed a sitter, played selfish football and doesn't know how to defend. I can easily see Diabaté passing the ball to Vardy or Iheanacho - who are far better scorers than Mahrez - and us scoring an early goal leading to a possible avalanche. 

Since Mahrez threw his mardy the team has been poor, moving on (as he's going anyway) would be good for the team and for our results. Before Mahrez ****ed us up we were on for 6th, especially with how All the teams in the 6-12 ranger have been playing.

Anyway, I won't convince you, you won't convince me. You can enjoy watching Mahrez play for us for the rest of the season and I can look forward to the next chapter and the players who'll replace him.