Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DB11

Match Ratings : Leicester City 1-1 AFC Bournemouth - Vote Now

26 minutes ago, FIF said:

That's the simple view that I find so annoying. 

If we'd have had Daibaté (or anyone else) on from the begining instead of Mahrez it might easily have been 3 points. Bournemouth were no big deal, we should have beaten them playing our second team. Mahrez took terrible corners, missed a sitter, played selfish football and doesn't know how to defend. I can easily see Diabaté passing the ball to Vardy or Iheanacho - who are far better scorers than Mahrez - and us scoring an early goal leading to a possible avalanche. 

Since Mahrez threw his mardy the team has been poor, moving on (as he's going anyway) would be good for the team and for our results. Before Mahrez ****ed us up we were on for 6th, especially with how All the teams in the 6-12 ranger have been playing.

Anyway, I won't convince you, you won't convince me. You can enjoy watching Mahrez play for us for the rest of the season and I can look forward to the next chapter and the players who'll replace him.

The amount of bitterness, bias and resentment in this drivel is off the charts.

And to quote the Boss,

"Blind faith in your Leaders os gonna get you killed". Mahrez (or his agent), overstepped the line - 'I woulda let him go, but (correctly), with the silly money flying around for non inspirational material, the Board are combating this "easy touch" philosophy. Kante to Cheatski for 30M was ridiculous (Drinky too, but in a different way).

The 400k argument touted by yer so-called experts is also a laugh!!

2 hours ago, FIF said:

That's the simple view that I find so annoying. 

If we'd have had Daibaté (or anyone else) on from the begining instead of Mahrez it might easily have been 3 points. Bournemouth were no big deal, we should have beaten them playing our second team. Mahrez took terrible corners, missed a sitter, played selfish football and doesn't know how to defend. I can easily see Diabaté passing the ball to Vardy or Iheanacho - who are far better scorers than Mahrez - and us scoring an early goal leading to a possible avalanche. 

Since Mahrez threw his mardy the team has been poor, moving on (as he's going anyway) would be good for the team and for our results. Before Mahrez ****ed us up we were on for 6th, especially with how All the teams in the 6-12 ranger have been playing.

Anyway, I won't convince you, you won't convince me. You can enjoy watching Mahrez play for us for the rest of the season and I can look forward to the next chapter and the players who'll replace him.

Bournemouth created better clear cut chances and should have been about 3 up inside half an hour. If they had a clinical striker on the pitch (ie Defoe who was sat on the bench) they'd have beaten us.

Your point about corners is poor considering Albrighton's set pieces are consistently poor every week.

13 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Bournemouth created better clear cut chances and should have been about 3 up inside half an hour. If they had a clinical striker on the pitch (ie Defoe who was sat on the bench) they'd have beaten us.

Your point about corners is poor considering Albrighton's set pieces are consistently poor every week.

Don't quite understand why either of your points defends your argument that we only got a point because of Mahrez and we would have gotten nothing without him.

I'd drop Albrighton too (not that he takes as many as Mahrez). both of these players are wasting our chances at the moment.

1 minute ago, FIF said:

Don't quite understand why either of your points defends your argument that we only got a point because of Mahrez and we would have gotten nothing without him.

I'd drop Albrighton too (not that he takes as many as Mahrez). both of these players are wasting our chances at the moment.

That's not my argument; I didn't say that.

3 hours ago, FIF said:

If we're going to talk about mythical beings and gifts I think of Mahrez more like Santa Claus. He gives great presents1)  but most of the time doesn't do much.

My stance is simple to understand, I'm a Leicester City supporter, Mahrez has made it clear he doesn't want to play for us and his selfishness is hurting my team. I thank him for his play in 2015/16 and the few minutes here and there that he gives us most weeks. He has another 9 games or so in a Leicester shirt, I've moved on and I want to watch players who are going to make an effort for the TEAM, play. I love great, skilfull football but I've followed Leicester through many years of turgid play too and never once wanted to watch ManCity instead. I'll be just as happy watching my team next season without Mahrez as I was watching my team this year with him (probably more so). I'm excited to see what Diabaté, Gray and Thomas can do in place of Mahrez and Albrighton.2)  I'm excited to see who Leicester bring in with the money they get from his sale.

Once he leaves he's not Leicester, I wish him no ill-will and hope he has a decent career3)  but considering how he has been for the last 2 seasons I hope he doesn't win another trophy. I'd laugh if he goes to a "big" team where4)  he'll just be a benchwarmer like our Danny (whom I loved during his time here). In time I'll forgive Mahrez as I have 5) eventually forgiven Lineker but being a Leicester fan I really won't care too much where he goes in the future or what he does.

I've followed Leicester long enough to know that 6) there's always another player just around the corner.

My last post on this because we will clearly never agree. Highlighted points above in bold and answers below

1) Total lie. Since 2015 he has 32 Goals and 22 assists  - better than Eden Hazard who plays in a far superior team

2) I would be too had it not been for the total dross we've signed for big money in the past: Slimani, Musa, Iheanacho, etc etc. We never seem to get big signings right.

3) He's world class, so he probably will

4) He wont be, he's miles ahead of Danny Drinkwater. Speaking of Drinky, what a mistake it was to sell him. Badly missed.

5)  Might just be me but I hold all the Premier League winners as eternal heroes and wish them nothing but the best. Except maybe Kante who couldnt wait to get out of here! At least Mahrez gave us another season by choice

6) There probably wont be another player as good as him who will play for us again in our lifetimes. How many world class players have Leicester had? A handful? The odds are stacked against us you'd think 

Enjoy your Tuesday.

PS, we don't have a divine right to beat Bournemouth - they outplayed us and if it wasnt for our magician, we'd have lost.

• Like 1

Time to promote  Morgan into the staff.  He’s just getting slower.  Not his fault, it happens.  

Next game I’d like to see a bit more of Amartey and Drago.  

Overall, I thought the game was poor.  Something needs to be done, primarily with the defense, then move on up.

On 03/03/2018 at 18:54, Usafox1 said:

We seem to have a very simple game plan.

1, Hoof it up to Vardy

2, Vardy shoots whenever he gets the ball

3, Repeat steps 1 and 2 until Nacho and Diabate come on to repeat step 1.

it works half the time though.

Re 2: vardy didnt shoot... he keep passing.

Re3 : diabate runs at the defence which i like

Edited by foxinsocks

On 06/03/2018 at 11:26, HunKs said:

And to quote the Boss,

"Blind faith in your Leaders os gonna get you killed". Mahrez (or his agent), overstepped the line - 'I woulda let him go, but (correctly), with the silly money flying around for non inspirational material, the Board are combating this "easy touch" philosophy. Kante to Cheatski for 30M was ridiculous (Drinky too, but in a different way).

The 400k argument touted by yer so-called experts is also a laugh!!

Like has been said before about the 400 grand, so on that basis, Harry Kane cost spurs nothing, so what’s his value 50 million instead of the 100 and odd spurs would want for him

• Like 1

It was a terrible game in which we played terribly and the manager tinkered to try to get us going but his attempts unfortunately made things worse not better. 

Despite these points I feel like it could be a turning point for him, for Mahrez and for us. 

That Mahrez goal and celebration is the kind of thing that turns seasons around. 

Puel is trying new things and still finding out about his players (he's allowed to do that) we're comfortably top-10 - and he openly admitted he got it wrong on tactics. I like that kind of honesty. Keep the faith. 

Okazaki'll be back next week hopefully to tie the whole team together as he always does so brilliantly.

Edited by zealot
  • Like 1