Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Unabomber

Your last Pint?

3 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

City Arms might top the Peveril for me, just been in there and now back in the Britons Protection. Call me David James because I'm involved in gaff after gaff

The Vine next door isn’t a bad little gaff either. 

Went to a place called Cask after Britons Protection, very nicely priced and a good choice if a bit oddly soulless? Really reminded of The Pub that used to be on New Walk, albeit much nicer. Now in a place near the canal called the Wharf Inn which is a bit gastro but has a deceptively brilliant and varied choice of bevs.

4 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Went to a place called Cask after Britons Protection, very nicely priced and a good choice if a bit oddly soulless? Really reminded of The Pub that used to be on New Walk, albeit much nicer. Now in a place near the canal called the Wharf Inn which is a bit gastro but has a deceptively brilliant and varied choice of bevs.

On the water is it? 

A pint of After Party from the West End Brewery. Lovely stout. However was asked for I.D by the old cockerel who works there, for possibly the twentieth time. Constantly poor customer(not a word I like to use) experiences at this pub/bar throughout its existence. Feeling more apathetic towards it’s fate now.

3 hours ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Can of m&s lager on the train back from gatwick, tasted sweet

I think I had that from M&S in MK on Tuesday. Green label I think? Looked at the ingredients, had the 4 staples and then sugar. I thought reading the ingredients made it taste sweet but maybe it wasn't just my brain playing tricks on me.

Will be indulging in a Spaten followed by Mahou shortly.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

I think I had that from M&S in MK on Tuesday. Green label I think? Looked at the ingredients, had the 4 staples and then sugar. I thought reading the ingredients made it taste sweet but maybe it wasn't just my brain playing tricks on me.

Will be indulging in a Spaten followed by Mahou shortly.

Yep that's the one, a good working lager but usually consumed in good times (yesterday being back on home soil and looking forward to a week in Leicester) which probably masks what it actually tastes like.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Interesting heaven 

There was a time, not that long ago that if you coughed in a pub then you'd feel the whole bar look at you. Or you'd have stick something down your throat to make sure you were allowed out, but let's not even go there. Merry Christmas :D