Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Unabomber

Your last Pint?

2 hours ago, Chris_OGrady said:

I found some decent craft beers when I was in Croatia. The Garden Brewery was the most prevalent one from memory

This was one of those I sampled. Fella had it on tap in a small bar. 

A Bruman Pajser as well just checking at a place which was very London vibe nearby Pula's Arena 

2 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

I've spent most of the last few days drinking 'bland' lager Pan or Ozujsko. Towards the end of the holiday electing for their Radler's. 

A couple of treats mind in the craft beer section - Pula would make a good Conference League couple of days 

I prefer the big brand lagers to the craft beers around most of the Mediterranean. I'm in Puglia at the moment and I still like Peroni and Messina more than any of their birre artigianali. 

I come with bad news. Just walked past the Birmingham’s The Wellington. It looks like Black Country Ales are doing one of their refurbishments. 

Another hammer blow for Birmingham’s older pubs after the Old Royal and Queens Arms suffered capitalist vandalism 

• Sad 1

40 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

Never mind your last pint, what about your worst pint and where? 

Coors Light in Walkabout on Granby St about 2008 that made me feel like I was being inflated and about to throw up AOTS. Hadn't had that sensation before and haven't had it since, simply revolting

• Haha 1

I had pints(s) of scrambler cider I think it was called at Hallaton bottle kicking - Easter 2012 I think it was, stuff was like rocket fuel - about 8%, gave me the worst heartburn and I was hallucinating from the strength of the stuff, never again. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Tommy G said:

Never mind your last pint, what about your worst pint and where? 

Not being OTT but honestly anything, anywhere in jersey apart from one pub called the lamplighters.

Fair play to them, selling absolute dross for London prices and the dumb locals lap it up 

14 hours ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Not being OTT but honestly anything, anywhere in jersey apart from one pub called the lamplighters.

Fair play to them, selling absolute dross for London prices and the dumb locals lap it up 

have you been in the Gloster Vaults? my mate owns that lol

17 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Coors Light in Walkabout on Granby St about 2008 that made me feel like I was being inflated and about to throw up AOTS. Hadn't had that sensation before and haven't had it since, simply revolting

Was forced to have a pint of Coors light in some dump whilst I was away (Lloyds style place) over the weekend. I knew walking in there I could be risking my life, then he started pouring my pint out of one of those coke/soda guns. Christ, it was bad. Felt horrific 30 minutes later.

1 hour ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Yes!!! It's prob the nearest pub to my office. Beaten up old shack with a strange side room and a pub dog. Shows the 3pm games which is decent. Taken over quite recently I think?

he bought it about 2 years ago i think

18 hours ago, Tommy G said:

I had pints(s) of scrambler cider I think it was called at Hallaton bottle kicking - Easter 2012 I think it was, stuff was like rocket fuel - about 8%, gave me the worst heartburn and I was hallucinating from the strength of the stuff, never again. 

Can't remember any year at bottle kicking I've come back sober from 🤣

• Haha 1

My best and worst points were in Egypt. The hotel served some local beer called Four Star (ominously unambitious), it tasted like special brew but was something like 3%. They served it probably 200ml plastic cups too. Rancid.

After that course of shit, we found out there was a nice marina. This Millwall fan and his wife (from Leicester) mentioned the Marina was actually nice - contrary to rest of Hurghada looking like it’s from Call of Duty.

So on the final night we went to an Indian, had a great curry and a cracking (it probably wasn’t but in contrast) Heineken. F uck Egypt

8 hours ago, Stadt said:

My best and worst points were in Egypt. The hotel served some local beer called Four Star (ominously unambitious), it tasted like special brew but was something like 3%. They served it probably 200ml plastic cups too. Rancid.

After that course of shit, we found out there was a nice marina. This Millwall fan and his wife (from Leicester) mentioned the Marina was actually nice - contrary to rest of Hurghada looking like it’s from Call of Duty.

So on the final night we went to an Indian, had a great curry and a cracking (it probably wasn’t but in contrast) Heineken. F uck Egypt

He wasn’t a postman by any chance was he?

23 hours ago, SecretPro said:

Was forced to have a pint of Coors light in some dump whilst I was away (Lloyds style place) over the weekend. I knew walking in there I could be risking my life, then he started pouring my pint out of one of those coke/soda guns. Christ, it was bad. Felt horrific 30 minutes later.

didn't happen like that though did it

13 minutes ago, SystonFox said:

i love splitting the G on pints of Guinness and I love how much it rattles people that get wound up by it

Most of the people I see doing that on social media are absolute melts, kind of fits with the type of people that worry about the way a Guinness is poured etc 

23 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

Most of the people I see doing that on social media are absolute melts, kind of fits with the type of people that worry about the way a Guinness is poured etc 

yeah i love it. i love it when its in a proper guinness "tulip" glass. can't be putting Guinness in a neck oil pint pot