Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Unabomber

Your last Pint?

7 hours ago, Tommy G said:

Most of the people I see doing that on social media are absolute melts, kind of fits with the type of people that worry about the way a Guinness is poured etc 

who are the types of people who worry about the way a Guinness is poured? I personally wouldn't want to part with my hard earned on a badly poured pint tbf mad as that sounds 

• Like 1

On 11/09/2024 at 17:27, Tommy G said:

Never mind your last pint, what about your worst pint and where? 

Some Sicilian craft beer thing which tasted like Vimto and was so gaseous it seemed to give me acid reflux 

9 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

Charnwood Steam Train at The Fox Cub in Barrow.

Interior isn't very micropub-y but great gaff otherwise. Two-minute walk from work but luckily (for my health and bank balance) it only opens lunchtimes on Friday.

Haha I had exactly the same last night! Though it was a good pint. Followed by a curry in the Three Crowns.

I’m finding that it’s actually pretty well priced in there?

Edited by Chris_OGrady
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Chris_OGrady said:

Haha I had exactly the same last night! Though it was a good pint. Followed by a curry in the Three Crowns.

Haven't had a chance to eat in the Crowns but definitely fancy it. Landlord's always got a smile if you're passing by.

12 hours ago, Chris_OGrady said:

I rated the three crowns when I went last month.

The dry masala chips are very good.

Drove past the fox cub earlier and was packed, it'll do well in Barrow I think.

• Like 1

Went to Beeston on Saturday which has 3 unbelievably good pubs for an outer city suburb: The Victoria, Star and Crown. The Crown was probably the pick of the bunch and had one of the best beer selections I've ever seen full stop. What's strange is that The Crown is an Everards pub (you wouldn't know it), which means the best Everards pub by a country mile is in Nottingham. How has this been allowed to happen!?

If you live in Barrow/Sileby you can get the train directly to Beeston, which takes about 25 mins.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Chris_OGrady said:

Went to Beeston on Saturday which has 3 unbelievably good pubs for an outer city suburb: The Victoria, Star and Crown. The Crown was probably the pick of the bunch and had one of the best beer selections I've ever seen full stop. What's strange is that The Crown is an Everards pub (you wouldn't know it), which means the best Everards pub by a country mile is in Nottingham. How has this been allowed to happen!?

If you live in Barrow/Sileby you can get the train directly to Beeston, which takes about 25 mins.

My sister used to live in beeston and I'd often meet her at the Victoria. Miss that pub massively.

Went to the Holy Tavern in Farringdon on Saturday pre Palace. Had a pint of Mayflower by Southwark Brewing. Worst pint I’ve ever had, tasted of cigarettes. I’ve had Mayflower a couple of years back at the salmon, I know it’s a good pint.

Had a Palace Pale in a pub near the ground after, that was good for 3.50.

5 hours ago, Chris_OGrady said:

I go to Beeston often, a good little bar crawl and some shopping at the fishmongers and South Asian shop and tram back into town for a quick tipple then tram to trent and then home.

• Like 1