Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Unabomber

Your last Pint?

1 hour ago, January48 said:

Up in the peak district in a couple of weeks. Planning a visit to Buxton brewery tap. Anybody got any feedback on it or suggest any other craft beer type pubs in Bakewell/Buxton area.

Buxton tap house is decent. No idea on anywhere else to be honest.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Footballwipe said:

For me I have to start with this beer to appreciate it at all. Been having it in the Red Cow in LFE but if I have an Estrella/Stella first instead and then switch to a Pravha I notice a distinct drop in "quality" and taste on my pallet.

Last time I was in the Red Cow was my 18th birthday. Mates were buying me double sailor Jerry’s and I ended up at the bus stop outside thinking I was at home and started taking all my kit off trying to go to sleep on the floor. Haven’t been in since and haven’t drank spiced rum since either. 

Interesting observation on the Pravha by the way, you might be on to something there. Could be something in it being a “lighter” pilsner. 

Edited by Manini
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, January48 said:

Up in the peak district in a couple of weeks. Planning a visit to Buxton brewery tap. Anybody got any feedback on it or suggest any other craft beer type pubs in Bakewell/Buxton area.

Red Willow also in Buxton and there’s a Titanic Brewery pub. 

Bakewell has a Thornbridge Brewery Tap and Joiner Arms. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Sunk a few in The Canal House in N**ts on Saturday. Think its been mentioned here already but it's a cracking place. Particular highlight was the Castle Rock Choc Orange Stout which bookended the session. First one was delightful, last one not so much. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Livid said:

Currently having lunch at a pub in Pimlico with a pint of London Pride it always tastes better down here for some reason. 

Used to love Fullers Pride - haven’t had a pint of that for years. 
Problem with ‘southern’ pubs and beer is that they often don’t put sparklers on the taps and the beer is often a bit ‘flat’.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Big Dave said:

Used to love Fullers Pride - haven’t had a pint of that for years. 
Problem with ‘southern’ pubs and beer is that they often don’t put sparklers on the taps and the beer is often a bit ‘flat’.

Maybe that’s why I like it, who knows. The bartender’s dad is a city season ticket holder. 

1 hour ago, jonthefox said:

Has anyone tried a beer called Putty?. It's from the Verdant brewery and difficult to get hold of. 

Yeah they release it once a year in February I believe. I had it the other week, doubt  you’ll find it now until next years release. They have a lot of similar beers though which are as good.

• Like 1

Went out in Oakham on Saturday. Not really drank since Randers as I’ve been ill. Had about 8 pints and can remember half of them.

Grainstore brewery by the station was fantastic, their lager was one of the best I’ve ever had.

• Like 2

On 13/03/2022 at 23:32, Stadt said:

Went out in Oakham on Saturday. Not really drank since Randers as I’ve been ill. Had about 8 pints and can remember half of them.

Grainstore brewery by the station was fantastic, their lager was one of the best I’ve ever had.

Been there a meal, before going to Oakham beer festival, few years ago, was good too, Ten Fifty the pint l had.