Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Unabomber

Your last Pint?

10 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Was it a lot of 1664?

5 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

More local stuff or Belgian gear on offer in my experience. Although I don't remember a great deal of said experience.

As per Voll - local stuff. Although they had Hop House on offer in a lot of places as well. 

7 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Yeh. Was disgusting in La piste. Although I’m in Bahrain atm and it’s £10 a pint and they all taste like carling 

We caught a place on the same street, Le Coin Mousse which sold some very good pale ales, IPAs etc. Was a very welcome change from some utter dishwater 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Hitting up the Bermuda Triangle of Tapping the Admiral, Pineapple and Southampton Arms later, god bless our nation's glorious capital.

Camden/Kentish Town way, good choices. Do you ever head up to Highgate? 

2 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Hitting up the Bermuda Triangle of Tapping the Admiral, Pineapple and Southampton Arms later, god bless our nation's glorious capital.

Amazing!!!!!! Mouth is salivating at the thought. Got a few pints with clients after work today so unfortunately it’s flat peroni at the anthologist in bank. A fresh pint of cask ale at any of the aforementioned would blow their minds. Enjoy and please report back later! 

11 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Amazing!!!!!! Mouth is salivating at the thought. Got a few pints with clients after work today so unfortunately it’s flat peroni at the anthologist in bank. A fresh pint of cask ale at any of the aforementioned would blow their minds. Enjoy and please report back later! 

For amusement, I used to occasionally visit a very dodgy stripper pub in that vicinity called the Lord Nelson. Full of deviants, dirty old men, and because of the location, city traders furtively hiding behind and peering over their broadsheets for arousal. Spending most of my time in the West End, and south of the river, that sort of shit was unashamedly all around you. What made it so funny was how incongruous it seemed in the city. 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Line-X said:

For amusement, I used to occasionally visit a very dodgy stripper pub in that vicinity called the Lord Nelson. Full of deviants, dirty old men, and because of the location, city traders furtively hiding behind and peering over their broadsheets for arousal. Spending most of my time in the West End, and south of the river, that sort of shit was unashamedly all around you. What made it so funny was how incongruous it seemed in the city. 

Brilliant! I think it’s shut down now. Used to be a similar one, the griffin, where there were topless dancers on all day and you had to put a quid in a jar every 5 mins to remain inside. I went a few times in my younger days to…sample the beer…. 

you’re right, think covid may have taken some of the unashamed behaviour away but pre 2020 you’d often see bus loads of women from Essex into the city, and middle/back office dudes wearing suits on dress down Friday queuing up to tell them ‘I’m a banker’ before being bankrupted. 

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Brilliant! I think it’s shut down now. Used to be a similar one, the griffin, where there were topless dancers on all day and you had to put a quid in a jar every 5 mins to remain inside. I went a few times in my younger days to…sample the beer…. 

That sounds identical...although the collection wasn't as stringent.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Southampton have a 7% cask ale on atm, think it's from Cloudwater. Seems like a nice light ale to finish the night on.  

• Thanks 1

Tapping the Admiral - great and £4 a pint, fantastic crowd, great staff, slowly becoming my favourite gaff in London

Pineapple - busy as ****, staff good, beer decent

Soton arms - stank of shit, crap staff, underwhelming beer. Got the tube to Old St after one in there.