Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Unabomber

Your last Pint?

All good shouts imo, if you end up at the Belgrave Una and it's heaving which might be likely especially in decent weather - then just a bit further on are The Brunswick and The Reliance which are both absolutely cracking.

As Cardiff said though you'll bloody love Friends of Ham

north x bundo slander and tips for the leeds ! what a thread !

@Unabomber you should go from roxys to bundobust for food imo. bankers cat is next door so may as well. friends of ham is in the next road, as is head of steam which is a solid boozer. can head down the steps to north brewing and i’ll probably be in there ! but no seriously great establishment. then swerve from there down the canal towards either boathouse, if it’s nice that’s a lovely riverside venue x

if it ain’t too pretty out or it’s so nice that it’s full go straight past and have one or two in the midnight bell/cross keys, both on the way to northern monk. 

sunday like loveday said you want to get to reliance or brunswick for a roast if that’s your plan, or tharavadu if you’d rather stay by the station, probably top 3 indian gaffs in the north. rudys for pizza or belgrave for 2-4-1 burgers and a beverage. 

• Like 1

Green King Pubs & Flaming Grill chains are kicking off the Jubilee week celebrations with a 6p a pint special, just quote the password '1952' & they will charge just 6p for the pint the same as it cost back in 1952.

Not sure if limited to 1 pint per person but i'm sure ways around or by bouncing the chains

This is for today only!

Edited by BKLFox

On 29/05/2022 at 23:08, ScouseFox said:

north x bundo slander and tips for the leeds ! what a thread !

@Unabomber you should go from roxys to bundobust for food imo. bankers cat is next door so may as well. friends of ham is in the next road, as is head of steam which is a solid boozer. can head down the steps to north brewing and i’ll probably be in there ! but no seriously great establishment. then swerve from there down the canal towards either boathouse, if it’s nice that’s a lovely riverside venue x

if it ain’t too pretty out or it’s so nice that it’s full go straight past and have one or two in the midnight bell/cross keys, both on the way to northern monk. 

sunday like loveday said you want to get to reliance or brunswick for a roast if that’s your plan, or tharavadu if you’d rather stay by the station, probably top 3 indian gaffs in the north. rudys for pizza or belgrave for 2-4-1 burgers and a beverage. 

Nice to hear from you bro

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Unabomber said:

Just to add re Leeds we are staying at the Jury’s inn then the beer festival is at northern monk brewery on Sydenham road not their pub. Is there any good pubs for food and beer near the jury’s in? @ScouseFox @Miquel The Work Geordie anyone else? Cheers 

Lamb and Flag is right near the Jury's and is a decent pub mate, Stew and Oyster not far either (can't vouch for the food in either mind) if you don't wanna venture too far, but along that bottom stretch of town the North Taproom on Sovereign Street is in-between the Jury's and Northern Monk, they do bao if you're just after something to tide you over, 5ish minute walk away from the hotel.

Little Bundobust visit wouldn't take you too off course either (little further on than North Taproom, about 10 mins walk from your hotel but keeps you the right side of Leeds) and you can have as little or as much as you like, but worth booking a table imqhõ!

EDIT - Also as Scouse has said brother, bit nearer your Northern Monk event there'll be the The Boathouse, Cross Keys, Midnight Bell, all very decent but the Cross Keys is the pick of those

Edited by Miquel The Work Geordie

11 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Lamb and Flag is right near the Jury's and is a decent pub mate, Stew and Oyster not far either (can't vouch for the food in either mind) if you don't wanna venture too far, but along that bottom stretch of town the North Taproom on Sovereign Street is in-between the Jury's and Northern Monk, they do bao if you're just after something to tide you over, 5ish minute walk away from the hotel.

Little Bundobust visit wouldn't take you too off course either (little further on than North Taproom, about 10 mins walk from your hotel but keeps you the right side of Leeds) and you can have as little or as much as you like, but worth booking a table imqhõ!

EDIT - Also as Scouse has said brother, bit nearer your Northern Monk event there'll be the The Boathouse, Cross Keys, Midnight Bell, all very decent but the Cross Keys is the pick of those

Nice one mate 

23 minutes ago, Livid said:

Couple of pints of Madri at Oadby Racecourse this afternoon. 

Not a massive lager fan these day’s but it’s not bad at all. 

Amazing how fast it’s caught on. Seems to be everywhere now 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, goody2028 said:

Amazing how fast it’s caught on. Seems to be everywhere now 

They have those self vend machines at the Tigers now. 

It is crazy how it’s everywhere, is it an established brand, I hadn’t heard of it a year ago. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Livid said:

It is crazy how it’s everywhere, is it an established brand, I hadn’t heard of it a year ago. 

Remember walking into the kings head, around the start of the euros and they gave us a taster of “this new beer”. Since then it’s rocketed, deservedly so. Nice pint. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Livid said:

Said the same until I realised it was made by Carling.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Madri. Another example of great marketing and sheep just drinking what others are imo

Ales and IPAs are usually my go to but sometimes a lager is more refreshing especially on a warm day. There isn't much lager choice outside of those mass marketed to be honest so I dont think people are just buying Madri because their mates are.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nalis said:

Ales and IPAs are usually my go to but sometimes a lager is more refreshing especially on a warm day. There isn't much lager choice outside of those mass marketed to be honest so I dont think people are just buying Madri because their mates are.

Yeah tbf I had some madri the other week and it went down well.