Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Unabomber

Your last Pint?

1 hour ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Start of July I'm back up in our nation's capital mate, if there's ever a city game on TV by all means join me and Scouse for a few in leedsleedsleeds 

Dream. Count me in mate. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Stadt said:

Drinking on a roof or by a body of water are the best pinting locations. I can't ascertain exactly why but it's 100% correct.

On this note, whilst in Newcastle, I went Free Trade Inn….what a boozer and it overlooks the Tyne 

• Like 1

On 01/06/2022 at 20:49, Unabomber said:

Just to add re Leeds we are staying at the Jury’s inn then the beer festival is at northern monk brewery on Sydenham road not their pub. Is there any good pubs for food and beer near the jury’s in? @ScouseFox @Miquel The Work Geordie anyone else? Cheers 

surprised Loveday hasn’t sent you in the direction of aire bar he loves it there. 

if you cross the bridge and turn left from the jury’s inn you get to the bottom of call lane and they’re having a 3 day bank holiday food & drink festival styled situation, no idea if it’ll be any good and it’ll probably be weather dependant cos it’s a street party, but its 5 mins from your gaff and you’ll walk past it to head anywhere else so could be a play. 

17 hours ago, Manini said:

Dream. Count me in mate. 

16 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

YUUUUUURRRRRSSSSS can't wait to got the Belgrave roof after a 2-1 fa cup Fourth round win v palace 

hope someone has got a fourth person for 2-4-1 burgers cos that’ll be a sure fire way to get over our first limp super sunday defeat of the season imo ! 

19 hours ago, Unabomber said:

Madri. Another example of great marketing and sheep just drinking what others are imo

I had no idea what it was and saw it in a restaurant a few weeks ago, was the only thing in draught so just ordered it. Absolutely rank tbqh. 

17 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

YUUUUUURRRRRSSSSS can't wait to got the Belgrave roof after a 2-1 fa cup Fourth round win v palace 

I nearly got taken there a few weeks ago but the weather was naff so we ended up somewhere else. Decent? 

Whisper it quietly but I think I might actually be a Leeds convert. Back there tomorrow for the weekend. 

1 hour ago, ScouseFox said:

surprised Loveday hasn’t sent you in the direction of aire bar he loves it there. 

Aire Bar can get in the bin, you are obsessed with ****ing Aire Bar man

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

I nearly got taken there a few weeks ago but the weather was naff so we ended up somewhere else. Decent? 

Whisper it quietly but I think I might actually be a Leeds convert. Back there tomorrow for the weekend. 

It's decent mate but can get absolutely hammered by hipsters in dungarees with anchor tattoos, fantastic on a good day though

Yyeeuuuurrrrsssss it's a bloody great city man, enjoy my brother x

• Like 1

First time in Spain for a while later this month - any decent pints in Spain or specifically Majorca these days or will I have to get train my tastebuds to like San Miguel for a week?

Edited by Nalis

3 hours ago, Nalis said:

First time in Spain for a while later this month - any decent pints in Spain or specifically Majorca these days or will I have to get train my tastebuds to like San Miguel for a week?

From source San Miguel Is actually alright, it’s about 5.5% compared to the watered down version we get. Otherwise, green bottles of Mahou are good, and cheap over there. Estrella Galicia is my favourite though and widely available in Spain. I’m not a huge fan of Cruzcampo personally but you might like that too. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Nalis said:

Like Manini says, the San Miguel is like a different drink over here, and the Estrella is also good. Plus they all taste better on holiday in the sunshine :thumbup:

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Manini said:

From source San Miguel Is actually alright, it’s about 5.5% compared to the watered down version we get. Otherwise, green bottles of Mahou are good, and cheap over there. Estrella Galicia is my favourite though and widely available in Spain. I’m not a huge fan of Cruzcampo personally but you might like that too. 

4 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

Like Manini says, the San Miguel is like a different drink over here, and the Estrella is also good. Plus they all taste better on holiday in the sunshine :thumbup:

Fair points all round. As for the 5.5% San Miguel, thanks for the advance notice - would have been necking them otherwise!

Looking forward to Thursday night, to put it mildly.

An old buddy texted me a couple weeks back about getting together to put a dent in his stash.  I haven’t seen him since COVID.

He lives for barrel aged imperial stouts/barleywines.  And he’s a god among the beer traders.  The stuff he drinks  :schlupp:  I live vicariously through his Untappd feed

It’s going to be epic.

I should be out of bed by 2 pm Friday.