Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Unabomber

Your last Pint?

53 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Cardigan Arms on Kirkstall Road might be my favourite pub on the planet. Done there, North Tap, Tapped and Whitelocks with good man of the parish Scousey

Nice had a pint at whitelocks and then Turks head on Sunday. Had bao at north for lunch on sat. There’s too much choice in Leeds. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, walkerleeds said:

We are talking 10 years ago to be fair, have been in a few times since and it is a class pub now.

Might have been before Kirkstall toolk it on? They were sensational staff wise today mate, everyone that walked in got a perfect greeting and goodbye, really really good and the beer was great, you can see why it wins awards

------

In the Brunswick now (a fantastic and often overlooked Leeds boozer) on Kirkstall Pale and she's in corking form (had a neck before the jpeg)

Screenshot_20220609-200056__01__01.jpg

5 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Might have been before Kirkstall toolk it on? They were sensational staff wise today mate, everyone that walked in got a perfect greeting and goodbye, really really good and the beer was great, you can see why it wins awards

------

In the Brunswick now (a fantastic and often overlooked Leeds boozer) on Kirkstall Pale and she's in corking form (had a neck before the jpeg)

Screenshot_20220609-200056__01__01.jpg

God that's a well defined undernail

• Haha 1

Once again the Pintman™ doesn't know when to stop, my fresh faced wholesome family man appearance has been ravaged with hangover, however like I always say, life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain baby and also dance like nobody's watching and also a house is built with bricks and beams, a home is built on love and dreams

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Once again the Pintman™ doesn't know when to stop, my fresh faced wholesome family man appearance has been ravaged with hangover, however like I always say, life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain baby and also dance like nobody's watching and also a house is built with bricks and beams, a home is built on love and dreams

Just flicked through your photos of yesterday, look really good. Congrats

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Look at this **** in friends of ham, more head than I'd like yeah but 10/10 would sup again imqho 

Screenshot_20220609-192001__01__01.jpg

Top place that. Great place to sit at the bar, eat a stupid amount of cured pig and get very quickly drunk before remembering you've got a train to catch lol 

8 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Top place that. Great place to sit at the bar, eat a stupid amount of cured pig and get very quickly drunk before remembering you've got a train to catch lol 

And it always smells fantastic, I can't put my finger on what it is. Also very reasonably priced considering its proximity to the station, £4 for that pint

• Like 1

Ah man, I wish town was better for both pubs & the beer. One of Charnwood, Round Corner*, or Braybrooke should get their arse into gear and buy up a former pub and restore it

*Their taproom in Melton is fantastic 

6 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Ah man, I wish town was better for both pubs & the beer. One of Charnwood, Round Corner*, or Braybrooke should get their arse into gear and buy up a former pub and restore it

*Their taproom in Melton is fantastic 

The great thing about Leeds yesterday was how busy (or at worst, steady) everywhere was almost all day on a Thursday, I love London and it's pubs but I've never seen it like that even centrally in a comparable situation.

Also said before but our students are shit and barely leave their bedrooms. It's made a marked difference to Leeds and, imo, is why Nottingham is a much livelier place for a night out than Leicester. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

My after work gaff:beer:

Not ale related but I’ve been a regular in that Cafe opposite the Peace Gardens, Lisboa, every time I’ve been in Sheff lately. That’s a really cool little place.