Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Unabomber

Your last Pint?

3 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Keep all their decent beer to the meadows site 

All their city centre pubs are just so uninspiring aren't they brother, same beers, same vibe. Black Horse is probably the best for beer and no bugger goes in! The Globe should be great, lovely building steeped in history but it's just bloody bland. Same for Marquis n all. Not bad pubs by any stretch but just a bit bloody run of the mill. Compared to what Castle Rock do with their gaffs in Notts it's night and day

I'm not from Leicester so not really aware of the pub scene there but I've always really liked Everards bottled and cask beers, and their pubs are pretty reliable if slightly uninspiring. Last time I went to the Swan and Rushes was probably 2009 but I remember it being a brilliant pub, that was Everards no? 

2 minutes ago, bovril said:

I'm not from Leicester so not really aware of the pub scene there but I've always really liked Everards bottled and cask beers, and their pubs are pretty reliable if slightly uninspiring. Last time I went to the Swan and Rushes was probably 2009 but I remember it being a brilliant pub, that was Everards no? 

I like eversrds tiger and original. Ignore @Miquel The Work GeordieHes lost the plot 

22 minutes ago, bovril said:

The Swan was brilliant but was never Everard's. Was John Smith's / Courage before Grant Cooke took it on independently.

1 hour ago, bovril said:

Holiday in Norfolk?

Yes that’s correct. 

Had took the lad before to Petits, but never got the chance to nip in and buy any ales from the brewery as it was shut, but managed to this time around.

Beers we’re nice, would try them again if I’m ever in that part of the country. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, steflcfc said:

Yes that’s correct. 

Had took the lad before to Petits, but never got the chance to nip in and buy any ales from the brewery as it was shut, but managed to this time around.

Beers we’re nice, would try them again if I’m ever in that part of the country. 

Good stuff. Did you do the Reedham ferry?

Touched down in Greece 5 hours ago and my new favourite beer is Alfa. Why is that not more widely distributed? 

Can anybody explain to me why Amstel is so popular on the continent? I don’t mind an Amstel as it goes but it seems strange that that appears to be the go to lager in Europe in the more tourist bars at the minute. 

Edited by Manini