Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Unabomber

Your last Pint?

12 hours ago, Stadt said:

In Rhodes the local beer is called Zythos and it’s corking 

You wouldn’t naturally associate the Greeks with Beer, but they do a good job. 

But then again Ancient Greece set the tone for a lot of western civilisation so they’ve probably been brewing longer than anybody else. 

Edited by Manini

25 minutes ago, Manini said:

You wouldn’t naturally associate the Greeks with Beer, but they do a good job. 

But then again Ancient Greece set the tone for a lot of western civilisation so they’ve probably been brewing longer than anybody else. 

All European med countries produce good beer apart from France. Italian beer is great so it’s weird they don’t have much of a pub/bar culture

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stadt said:

All European med countries produce good beer apart from France. Italian beer is great so it’s weird they don’t have much of a pub/bar culture

Yeah strange - family orientated people in my experience (my mums Italian), more inclined to get together and sit and have a big meal as opposed to going to the pub. Also hate doing things to excess, apart from smoking, again in my experience. 

Huge cut in alcohol duty needed at pubs needed, make up the shortfall by taxing supermarket booze - school mums swigging 4 bottles of Echo Falls a week are a bigger health hazard than having 3 or 4 pints.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Scanchez said:

Square Ball by North Brewing Co is insanely nice.

Probably had one too many last night.

Shame it's a collaboration with a Leeds United fanzine..

The Square Ball- North Brewing Co X The Square Ball- California Pale, –  Raynville Superstore

Yes this is good, it’s better than the other Leeds collab that they did. If you’re in Leeds and you like beer and dirty food, there’s a new burger place by the station called Meat Stack that has this in, as well as loads of other class beers, including Augustiner which is the only place in town that does that as fas as I’m aware. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Manini said:

Yes this is good, it’s better than the other Leeds collab that they did. If you’re in Leeds and you like beer and dirty food, there’s a new burger place by the station called Meat Stack that has this in, as well as loads of other class beers, including Augustiner which is the only place in town that does that as fas as I’m aware. 

Rare you see good German beers on tap. WEB has Ayinger in at the minute though

:pearson:

• Like 1

Jus been the Kirkstall Bridge for a Bad Kitty which was Susan, now in a gaff round the corner I'm intrigued by, a very local gaff but I like it. Wall to wall Leeds on the walls bar the odd but of wall space for the Old Firm cults but it's for...both sides? Very confusing imo

Screenshot_20220722-173731.jpg

Edited by Miquel The Work Geordie

4 hours ago, Stadt said:

Rare you see good German beers on tap. WEB has Ayinger in at the minute though

:pearson:

This was bottles and cans tbf, which is cool in itself because they’ve done it like a fast food bottle shop type place. So you go in, get your burger in a couple of minutes, eat, and you can carry your booze out with you and on to the next. 

• Like 1

Charnwood Brewery Vixen in Wyggeston House.

Lovely pint, nice pub but couldn't believe how quiet it was on a Friday night and town generally. 

I know there are still a lot of folk away,  money's tight and the effects of the pandemic are still being felt but the city centre really felt on its arse by about half 9