Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Unabomber

Your last Pint?

Black Horse in Preston is a top 5 boozer in the country. Amazingly ornate interior and nice beer selection.

Stayed at a mate’s in Didsbury in Manchester over the weekend and ticked off The Marble Arch too. 

• Like 1

Not sure where to post but Bricklayers Arms on Welford Road is reopening. 

Signs are up in the windows advertising for staff with a phone number (that after a quick Google search shows it being linked to The Hind).  

I had heard this a long while back and that the owner of The Hind wanted to do African food out of there and also does not like football crowds so it’ll be interesting to see how it goes. 

16 hours ago, Father Ted said:

Not sure where to post but Bricklayers Arms on Welford Road is reopening. 

Signs are up in the windows advertising for staff with a phone number (that after a quick Google search shows it being linked to The Hind).  

I had heard this a long while back and that the owner of The Hind wanted to do African food out of there and also does not like football crowds so it’ll be interesting to see how it goes. 

So he's moving into a pub that will attract football crowds? 

2 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Not sure which thread this was more apt for between this and Leicester Pubs, but Framework Brewery near Abbey Park is packing it in.

That's a shame but they never pushed the boat out much, can't say I'm surprised.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stadt said:

That's a shame but they never pushed the boat out much, can't say I'm surprised.

Yeah I was never overly struck on their beers; and I don't think their naff tagline about "smart drinkers and forward thinkers" ever helped. Bit sudden though, last I'd heard they were doing out the taproom to make it an actual venue and not just some chairs in a hut.

As it goes (it's a bit picking at a carcass) they've a lot up for auction from their brewery / taproom, alongside the usual kit there's a few benches, tables, stools etc going spare if anyone is in the market for that sort of stuff.

https://auctions.eddisons.com/auctions/8273/eddiso11407

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Stadt said:

Staff were miserable when I went and as I think has been said, the only thing that attracted me to the beers, were the Leicester themed names. They were very average.

11 hours ago, Unabomber said:

In the Cotswolds yesterday after proposing to my mrs, £5.30 for an Estella! Would’ve popped the question in Coalville!

Seeing as it's nearly £5 for a shit lager in Whitwick I think you are okay. 

• Like 1