Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Unabomber

Your last Pint?

4 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Not being funny lads, but Madri is just carling for remainers 

Overrated. I've only had it once and didn't like it. If we're talking the popular / "in" lagers then Peroni and Moretti are much much better for me.

13 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Not being funny lads, but Madri is just carling for remainers 

I remember seeing it for the first time last summer and thinking this is a really cool looking new lager. Half a pint in and it’s sh1t. Given it a fair few tries since and it’s still sh1t, it’s one of those lagers where drinking water or a decent 0% lager is much better. A lager for people who don’t like lager but have to drink it at social occasions to fit in 

• Like 1

On 28/07/2022 at 08:59, Lako42 said:

Is Leicester the only City in England that doesn't have a few really good brewers. 

Frameworks never did anything to raise the profile locally and the fact they didn't even have a tap house would have hurt them. 

Most of the drinkers in the city live in the county and the student population here aren't drinkers either.

1 hour ago, grobyfox1990 said:

I remember seeing it for the first time last summer and thinking this is a really cool looking new lager. Half a pint in and it’s sh1t. Given it a fair few tries since and it’s still sh1t, it’s one of those lagers where drinking water or a decent 0% lager is much better. A lager for people who don’t like lager but have to drink it at social occasions to fit in 

Agree. There was a big rave about it (and a lot of my mates still suck Madri off). However, I have had it a couple of times and it is bang average. I mean, the choice of lagers here is pretty poor anyway, even the big brands are all watered down and bottled in the UK.

I try to stick to local beers (ales) or European imports. If I do pick a bottled lager it is normally something like Budvar or Estrella (or one of the Italians).

• Haha 1

And one more for good luck. Going to the rugby 7's tomorrow at the Ricoh (yes I know it isn't called that anymore) and there is a brewery called Dhillons next to it. So looking forward to sampling some of their ales before moving onto Purity beers in the stadium. That is one thing that is better about the Ricoh than KP, the beer choice when it comes to ales. The rest is as cr4p as ours.

Anyone been to Dhillons before? Or just had their beer?

Went to Sommar in town last night, think they currently have the best selection of beers in the centre. Had the sourest of sours, a Vault City Strawberry Sunday which was amazing and one of their own which was nice.

Also went in Brewdog for one of their Amundsen Donut Series but that was a bit of a let down.

On 22/07/2022 at 11:23, Manini said:

Yes this is good, it’s better than the other Leeds collab that they did. If you’re in Leeds and you like beer and dirty food, there’s a new burger place by the station called Meat Stack that has this in, as well as loads of other class beers, including Augustiner which is the only place in town that does that as fas as I’m aware. 

Nice one - will check that out.

I often go to Gledhow Sports and Social Club and they have Square Ball plus a load of other North beers. Brilliant on a sunny day as they have a massive outdoor seating area.

39 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

And one more for good luck. Going to the rugby 7's tomorrow at the Ricoh (yes I know it isn't called that anymore) and there is a brewery called Dhillons next to it. So looking forward to sampling some of their ales before moving onto Purity beers in the stadium. That is one thing that is better about the Ricoh than KP, the beer choice when it comes to ales. The rest is as cr4p as ours.

Anyone been to Dhillons before? Or just had their beer?

I think it was them who were going to take on the Criterion but that never got off the ground sadly.

7 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

I think it was them who were going to take on the Criterion but that never got off the ground sadly.

They sound very good, not a huge selection but some good basic, proper beers. Will report after visiting tomorrow. Won't be in a rush to try the Cov City lager though!!!

They also do a stout called SOTV (I am sure we can all work that out).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Looks like I’m the only one who doesn’t like Sommar. I will have to give it another go when next in Leicester

They might well have some nice beers on but I'm not going in a gaff with fake foliage and neon slogans out of principle.

1 hour ago, SemperEadem said:

Yeah that was them, even had the windows faux sandblasted with their name iirc. Have heard from a few that they're a bit clueless tbh but they've been going at it 7 odd years so must be doing something right

• Like 1

Also, I’ve  been told that Everards are brewing their Vienna larger again, should be out in a month or two, fantastic pint, if you see it have it before they stop brewing it again then kick off with them when they do lol 

Edited by Vlad the Fox

On 29/07/2022 at 13:57, KrefelderFox666 said:

They sound very good, not a huge selection but some good basic, proper beers. Will report after visiting tomorrow. Won't be in a rush to try the Cov City lager though!!!

They also do a stout called SOTV (I am sure we can all work that out).

Dhillons was a decent set up, the beer was not that great in my opinion. The fruity pale ale (Fair Lady) was solid. The Amber was rank (really sour and almost smokey). The Ghost Town lager was pretty basic (probably prefer a Madri!).

Nice Mad Goose in the stadium though.