Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Unabomber

Your last Pint?

On 02/08/2022 at 19:57, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

In the sheff tap on the way to Leeds on a simply v lovely salted caramel porter on cask (£4.10, nice) and there's a beer on by tiny rebel labelled rusk / oat milk IPA, if you order that you get what you deserve man, Jesus Christ 

Can't remember the name but I've tried one of those from a brewery with a stags head for a label, is it the same one?

1 hour ago, Webbo said:

Yes. 

Thanks.

Had asked a couple of family members and a friend who works at Fosse Park about it and all said it is decent but advise to book (which have done for Saturday afternoon).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wymsey said:

Is the Beer Hall at Everard's Brewery (near Fosse Park) any good?

Went there last week, really enjoyed it and the food was great. Probably the nicest veggie food I’ve eaten out… not entirely convinced it wasn’t a lamb kebab I ate but of you don’t know then you haven’t killed any animals right?

• Thanks 1

On 29/07/2022 at 16:43, Nalis said:

Are there any websites about where you can find pubs that sell a particular beer you like on draught?

As well as untappd there's also real ale finder which despite the name doesn't only list real ales. Unfortunately it doesn't have loads of pubs listed on it.

8 hours ago, Wymsey said:

Thanks.

Had asked a couple of family members and a friend who works at Fosse Park about it and all said it is decent but advise to book (which have done for Saturday afternoon).

We went in the middle of the week a few months ago and it was quite busy then. Enjoyed it though. 

• Like 1

On 03/08/2022 at 20:53, ajthefox said:

Can't remember the name but I've tried one of those from a brewery with a stags head for a label, is it the same one?

This was just from Harrogate Brewery my brother, I've had the one you're thinking of though and she's a beauty, Millionaire

• Like 1

Work locals got Pardal on. Never heard of it before but it’s out of the Budvar brewery. 3.5%, sunk about 8 pints last night and I reckon I still could have operated heavy machinery safely. Didn’t touch sides and didn’t taste owt special, 5.6/10. Would have just preferred a Budvar. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Manini said:

Work locals got Pardal on. Never heard of it before but it’s out of the Budvar brewery. 3.5%, sunk about 8 pints last night and I reckon I still could have operated heavy machinery safely. Didn’t touch sides and didn’t taste owt special, 5.6/10. Would have just preferred a Budvar. 

That is a new one on me. I will investigate 

2 hours ago, Manini said:

8 pints of something you didn't really rate seems a bit pointless 

Brews I would never touch again, anything by John Smiths, Everards Tiger bitter, that's pretty much it. Oh, and anything Carling related. I will try a decent lager/European beer but I'm pretty much real ale.

Also I hate the deeply chilled, gas pumped "bitter ale" that so many modern pubs sell. Cellar conditioned, in the barrel ale served at cellar temperature is perfection for me. As long as the beer itself is decent to begin with.

Went Bar Dos for brekker this morning, still v good but just not *quite* at the level it was when the brothers owned it. A lot of new staff n all that need to appreciate how to multi task, one bloke walked in the front room and waited about 5 mins for a drink before walking out while your man behind the bar was dusting glass bottles. 

Still hope there but just not quite where it was.

Babelas was pretty much as it was before, decent enough.

QRT dead disappointing, not one stout / porter on but plenty of wanky sour shite. Shame as I love the gaff and your man behind the bar was class

There may well be a better thread for this but I’m in Bristol at the minute, and it absolutely amazes me that every single day here feels like a weekend. The pubs and bars are always absolutely rammed. The weather is clearly helping but what a gaff it is. 

Thatchers Blood Orange. Basically an alcopop but lovely in the sun on the harbour side. 

21 minutes ago, Manini said:

There may well be a better thread for this but I’m in Bristol at the minute, and it absolutely amazes me that every single day here feels like a weekend. The pubs and bars are always absolutely rammed. The weather is clearly helping but what a gaff it is. 

Thatchers Blood Orange. Basically an alcopop but lovely in the sun on the harbour side. 

Only been the once to see a Banksy pop up show when I was like 17. Really need to go and get stuck in.