Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Unabomber

Your last Pint?

46 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Decent town to drink in? Love a good sesh in random towns.

6/10 I’d say. Staff were very friendly and happy to talk about their beer to us. Old town hall vaults was the best pub. I also love landing in random towns and sampling British cask ales with like minded friends. Whitchurch is small and insular, I would recommend Shrewsbury as a better alternative 

• Like 1

Strolled from mine into Leeds, went the Brunswick which for my cash is the most under the radar boozer in the city. Then Duck and Drake which is exceptional, Bankers Cat, The Fenton, now in the Brudenell and just paid £3.20 for a pint of Three Swords from Kirkstall, a GAFF

• Like 1

Langton Inclined Plane with a steak sandwich at the Farndon Fields Farm Shop cafe in Harborough.

Found one from the Dow Bridge Brewery in Catthorpe at a boozer in Derby last night so been full-on Leicestershire Lalala for me this weekend.

Had a few other good'uns yesterday too, including Spanish Bombs Liquorice Porter (couldn't resist a beer named after a Clash song) from Revolutions brewing and a Mikkeller one I'd never had before in a little craft gaff I'd always swerved as I assumed was a bit too neckbeardy and lumberjacky.

I was right about that, but will definitely be returning after seeing it has Ayinger on tap.

Edited by Voll Blau
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Warks_Mackem said:

Tried a pint of Coors at a pub called the Red Lion in Llanfair Caereinion (we’ve got a lodge in Wales for a week). Flat as a fart. 2/10.

I’m not really a Coors fan but the only alternative lager on offer was Carling. :thumbdown:

Sorry to hear that 

• Sad 1

On 11/09/2022 at 20:42, Warks_Mackem said:

Tried a pint of Coors at a pub called the Red Lion in Llanfair Caereinion (we’ve got a lodge in Wales for a week). Flat as a fart. 2/10.

I’m not really a Coors fan but the only alternative lager on offer was Carling. :thumbdown:

Would have walked out and nipped shop

1 hour ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Camden Hells near Bank station on Monday after a work meeting. Looked at the price and thought £5 is very decent, only for it to be served in a two third. Good drink though and it was paid by the company. Which makes it even better.

Brigadiers by any chance? Good food good whisky and a generally enjoyable spot, but the 2/3 pint rule is completely unnecessary and a p1sstake. Mentioned this a few times to the staff there

• Like 1