Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Unabomber

Your last Pint?

26 minutes ago, Milo said:

Grabbed a couple of these from Waitrose. They don’t come around too often, so would recommend getting them whilst you can.
One of my all time favourites.    :beer:

35020A7D-5807-4703-B012-11CD93F2ECAF.jpeg

Nice, don’t know why these aren’t that common any more as it’s a very decent beer.

17 hours ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Astoundingly good few draught wheat beers in Vienna last week. Better than Belgian witbier in Brussels imo. Can’t imagine how good in must be in Munich, must go 

Munich is great - best lager I've ever had was from Ayinger opposite Hofbrau House, came out of a wooden barrel. All brewery houses are excellent. 

We were there the night we went top in 2015 - waiting for Liverpool to beat Man City, the day Vardy equalled the record at Newcastle. Remember some Bayern fan saying he didn't have a clue who we were or who Jamie Vardy was. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CosbehFox said:

Munich is great - best lager I've ever had was from Ayinger opposite Hofbrau House, came out of a wooden barrel. All brewery houses are excellent. 

We were there the night we went top in 2015 - waiting for Liverpool to beat Man City, the day Vardy equalled the record at Newcastle. Remember some Bayern fan saying he didn't have a clue who we were or who Jamie Vardy was. 

Agree, Ayinger is my favourite too. Fantastic food in that place as well. Then again, you can't really go wrong with food and beer in Munich.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Surprised you hadn’t been before. Been recommended to me. I turned up on a Sunday to find it closed tho FFS

Shame! Make an effort to go next time you’re around, it’s worth it! For context I’ve lived down here for 11 years now and know kings x like the back of my hand, a regular drinking spot. Never even seen this pub. That’s the intriguing part of this overpriced dump, you think you know it all then another gem of a pub turns up 

2 hours ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Some very nice, and incredibly priced (all sub £5.50) cask ales at the queens head in kings x. Never noticed the place in 11 years 

Staggered a seasoned pintman like you hasn't heard of the Queen's Head man, think I've prattled on about it in here more than once! A beauty of a gaff.

----

Had a few in Leeds tonight before the rattler back (and a few in the Sheffield) and a couple in the Ale Wagon. Sheff Tap is legit the best station boozer in the country, easily.

• Like 2

On 18/09/2022 at 15:39, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Had an hour to kill in Sheffield before going back up to Leeds, fairly sure @SemperEadem has mentioned it before and I'm sure a few thread regulars have been but The Rutland Arms is phenomenal, what a pub.

What I remember most from there is that they have a 'no Smiths' policy on the jukebox

• Like 1

On 17/09/2022 at 01:29, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Staggered a seasoned pintman like you hasn't heard of the Queen's Head man, think I've prattled on about it in here more than once! A beauty of a gaff.

----

Had a few in Leeds tonight before the rattler back (and a few in the Sheffield) and a couple in the Ale Wagon. Sheff Tap is legit the best station boozer in the country, easily.

The Huddersfield station pub runs it close I think. Absolute no nonsense boozer with a class selection.

On 23/09/2022 at 06:51, CosbehFox said:

Heard great things about Shirkers Rest since it opened. 

Sutton Arms, Wenlock, Tapping the Admiral, Queen's Head and Old Fountain some of my favourites, all pubs. Love the old cockney bloke and his lad that run the Sutton Arms, can barely make out the old fella he's so cockney, truly glorious