Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Unabomber

Your last Pint?

On 04/11/2022 at 20:53, Voll Blau said:

Currently preparing for a weekend in Glasgow next month with a McEwan's Champion.

Buzzing for it, looks a top city for good pubs and beer.

Going there next October.   Please do report back 🙂

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Unreal German bottle selection there, really got stuck into them.

Snap, so did I! Went to the bar twice and asked for ‘any German wheat beer’ and had two very good bottles, although can’t remember the name. There was a bag of bottle caps left behind so presumably someone was logging what they drank. Was surprised how many city fans were there 

19 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Snap, so did I! Went to the bar twice and asked for ‘any German wheat beer’ and had two very good bottles, although can’t remember the name. There was a bag of bottle caps left behind so presumably someone was logging what they drank. Was surprised how many city fans were there 

We had two mini buses head there plus the North Wales foxes we know. Always enjoy boozing there.

• Like 1

Currently at Arcadia in Headingley on a stout from Neptune who have quietly gone about their business as a very consistent brewery, what I'm on now is bloody lovely.

Also the Brunswick in Leeds might not have the varied selection of some of the other city centre gaffs (tends to just be pales) but it's hands down my favourite city boozer now, great place, doesn't try too hard, crowd always great, staff always 10/10, beer well kept - I love it.

I had a Hackney Blonde on Sunday afternoon. One of the best beers I've had, would love to find it to buy in but this was at one of my locals so I'm hoping they keep it on for a while.

Tollgate brewery apparently so I'm gonna keep an eye out for them.

38 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I had a Hackney Blonde on Sunday afternoon. One of the best beers I've had, would love to find it to buy in but this was at one of my locals so I'm hoping they keep it on for a while.

They are based near where I am. Their brewery is a great outdoor spot for drinking (barn style).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

It's literally down the road. Near Staunton Harold / Cale Abbey 

• Like 1

On 13/11/2022 at 17:28, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Currently at Arcadia in Headingley on a stout from Neptune who have quietly gone about their business as a very consistent brewery, what I'm on now is bloody lovely.

Also the Brunswick in Leeds might not have the varied selection of some of the other city centre gaffs (tends to just be pales) but it's hands down my favourite city boozer now, great place, doesn't try too hard, crowd always great, staff always 10/10, beer well kept - I love it.

Meant to be off out in Leeds this Saturday so hoping my mate who lives up that way has a few places I've not been to before in the pipeline.

2 hours ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

Had a 10% Mano Negra stout in a pub called 't Brugs Beertje in Bruges on Saturday and I'm still buzzing from the whole experience lol

I resisted temptation to wipe out my savings in a bottle shop over there too, it was pure heaven for those that appreciate quality stuff 

I can’t recall if I mentioned this before but if you are still in Bruges go to De Garre and have their house triple. Phenomenal beer. 

16 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

I can’t recall if I mentioned this before but if you are still in Bruges go to De Garre and have their house triple. Phenomenal beer. 

I don't think you did and unfortunately I'm back home!

Just had a quick search for it and it's definitely something I'd be interested in next time, cheers :thumbup: