Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Unabomber

Your last Pint?

Taken the tough decision to seriously reduce my beer intake. 

It's reached piss taking levels in terms of price and It's not possible to justify £5 for a pint of liquid at the minute despite being able to afford it. 

Will make the ones I do have mean more I suppose. 

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

Anyone got any recommendations for pubs near London Victoria for the England game on Monday? 

My coach don't get until midday and don't fancy stressing on finding somewhere and the only places I know don't usually have sport on.

Victoria is a cesspit for pubs. If you want ease of access just go to the travellers tavern by the coach station 

Edit - just seen the above post, it’s a long long time since I saw anything near £5 a pint in a normal pub lol. Mass market place like travellers will probably be c.£6.50 a pint of branded lager 

Edited by grobyfox1990

23 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Victoria is a cesspit for pubs. If you want ease of access just go to the travellers tavern by the coach station 

Edit - just seen the above post, it’s a long long time since I saw anything near £5 a pint in a normal pub lol. Mass market place like travellers will probably be c.£6.50 a pint of branded lager 

I live in Whitwick not London

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Appreciate the reply. 

I think I'll just have to see when I get there, as long as I can see a screen I'm not arsed about pint cost or quality of the pub. 

The Chelsea Potter down Kings Road might be an option if the coach gets in on time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, grobyfox1990 said:

I’m seeing Hamilton at Victoria Palace in a few weeks. Is it best to drink/eat somewhere else do you reckon and then just go straight to the theatre. We are looking for somewhere to eat early pre show.

27 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

I’m seeing Hamilton at Victoria Palace in a few weeks. Is it best to drink/eat somewhere else do you reckon and then just go straight to the theatre. We are looking for somewhere to eat early pre show.

Eating is a different ball game. I’m biased in that I love German beer so Munich cricket club is very good. Boisdale for whisky and traditional food. or if you like South Indian, Quilon is good and does a fun beer tasting menu too. Given you’re in this thread I guess you like a beer lol 

Ps Hamilton is brilliant, you will love it 

36 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Eating is a different ball game. I’m biased in that I love German beer so Munich cricket club is very good. Boisdale for whisky and traditional food. or if you like South Indian, Quilon is good and does a fun beer tasting menu too. Given you’re in this thread I guess you like a beer lol 

Ps Hamilton is brilliant, you will love it 

Cheers mate.

In this thread? I bloody started the thing and yes I love beer.

We are going to Hawksmoor Seven Dials too one of the days do any pubs/bars around there that you’d recommend?

Edited by Unabomber
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Unabomber said:

Cheers mate.

In this thread? I bloody started the thing and yes I love beer.

We are going to Hawksmoor Seven Dials too one of the days do any pubs/bars around there that you’d recommend?

Hahah yeh I’m not very good at looking at usernames or quoting the right people!

Woah Covent Garden, possibly the best area in the world for drinking. Belgo (Belgian beer), Porterhouse, the harp, Lyceum tavern, Chandos spring to mind but so many quality places nearby. @Miquel The Work Geordie I believe lives in London and always has great tips

edit - tagged the right person 

Edited by grobyfox1990

22 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Hahah yeh I’m not very good at looking at usernames or quoting the right people!

Woah Covent Garden, possibly the best area in the world for drinking. Belgo (Belgian beer), Porterhouse, the harp, Lyceum tavern, Chandos spring to mind but so many quality places nearby. @Miquel The Work Geordie I believe lives in London and always has great tips

edit - tagged the right person 

I live in Leeds baby but boy oh boy do I miss a capital city crawl. The Lyric in Soho / Cov Garden is v v decent 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

I live in Leeds baby but boy oh boy do I miss a capital city crawl. The Lyric in Soho / Cov Garden is v v decent 

Haha i was wondering why you were putting Leeds recos up every weekend, that passed me by. If city get a London cup draw with a big allocation or a pre season friendly we should do a 'your last pint?' regulars thread capital city crawl, making the game optional!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Unabomber said:

Just a few decent pubs in the centre 

In the centre Malt Cross, Kean's Head, Junkyard / Kilpin all decent. If you go a bit out the way to Sneinton just behind the arena there's the King Billy, Fox & Grapes and Neon Raptor tap (that's not really my bag but the type of beers I think you'll like!) and a newish gaff called the Partizan Tavern I've not been in but it seems to have an interesting enough choice.

Absolute tonne near the station n all, BeerHeadz, Vat and Fiddle, Barley Twist, Canalhouse all worth your time.

Bit soul destroying compared to Leicester's four/five decent pubs really.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

In the centre Malt Cross, Kean's Head, Junkyard / Kilpin all decent. If you go a bit out the way to Sneinton just behind the arena there's the King Billy, Fox & Grapes and Neon Raptor tap (that's not really my bag but the type of beers I think you'll like!) and a newish gaff called the Partizan Tavern I've not been in but it seems to have an interesting enough choice.

Absolute tonne near the station n all, BeerHeadz, Vat and Fiddle, Barley Twist, Canalhouse all worth your time.

Bit soul destroying compared to Leicester's four/five decent pubs really.

Cheers bud and yeah I like neon raptor.