Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Unabomber

Your last Pint?

On 17/11/2022 at 23:24, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Did Bankers Cat and Friends of Ham after work, currently in Whitelocks soaking it all in

Ended up in all of these places yesterday, plus Beer House in the station and the Brewery Tap. Feeling ropey today but from memory I had...

Thornbridge Galaxia, Market Porter and another one I don't remember. A couple of Kirkstall Pales, an Ilkley Ruby Jane, three or four different Five Points ones and a Leodis pale ale.

Everywhere we went was full. Wish Leicester places were like that on Saturday afternoons.

3 minutes ago, FoyleFox said:

Lunch in a pub in Ashby today, turned out it was a Wetherspoons. Very nice for a spoons. £9.60 for fish and chips and a pint. Food was lovely and looked a good selection of beers. 

Fish and chips is a good thing to order in a Spoons. It's definitely cooked fresh!

I'd stay away from it on a Friday though. They freeze the fish, and usually underestimate how many they sell on Fridays, so they aren't fully defrosted when they're fried, which is pretty dangerous. 

And don't get me started on their bacon. Genuinely, it comes in huge packets and it's pre-cooked before it even arrives in the pub lol

21 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Looked about four other belters on the same side of the street.

Thomas Rigby down there isn’t bad, just don’t expect anything out of the ordinary when it comes to selection. 

Dead Crafty opposite S and M is great if you want something different beer wise. 

An extraordinary pub in decor and architecture is the Philharmonic Dining Rooms. 

Baltic Fleet is another proper pub. 

All these are a bit spread out mind 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Stadt said:

Any recommendations for Liverpool?

Ship & Mitre is a given 

13 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

Looked about four other belters on the same side of the street.

The Crown Hotel may have been one of them? By Lime Street station.

Worth a visit.

Edited by Voll Blau
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, bovril said:

This is next to the bus station no? Recognise the name from peering out of windows of hellish Glasgow-London megabuses and wishing I was in a pub. 

Not sure where it is in relation to buses brother but she's over the road from Manchester Central railway station, a lovely gaff. Always a fan of places that seemingly have never ending amounts of rooms surrounding a bar