Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Unabomber

Your last Pint?

Been on the Titanic Plum Porter last weekend in one of my usual haunts for my birthday and on Saturday in a pub I'd never been in before which was a nice surprise.

One of my all time favourites, so easy to drink and the smell always gets me.

2 hours ago, Stadt said:

Had 4 or 5 excellent pints of Guinness at Shenanigans in Liverpool the other weekend 

Used to go in Shenanigans pretty regularly at my last job as it was less 5 minutes away. Had some good nights in there and some very bad hangovers from drinking blue moon all night and not getting any grub.

• Like 1

What are the standout pubs out around the county these days? Most Everard's pubs don't count excuse 90% of them are carbon copies.

The criteria:

Not a big chain

Nice interior

Interesting beer selection

The Salmon,WEB and Real Ale Classroom are probably the best examples of what I'm looking for but in the county. I want to try the craft one in Syston.

56 minutes ago, Stadt said:

What are the standout pubs out around the county these days? Most Everard's pubs don't count excuse 90% of them are carbon copies.

The criteria:

Not a big chain

Nice interior

The Salmon,WEB and Real Ale Classroom are probably the best examples of what I'm looking for but in the county. I want to try the craft one in Syston.

Quite fortunate where I live that there are two Everard's which still feel like pubs - beer choice is meh though - Bulls Head, Cosby & Plough, Littlethorpe 

Mill Hill Enderby is worth a visit in the county 

Edited by CosbehFox
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

Quite fortunate where I live that there are two Everard's which still feel like pubs - beer choice is meh though - Bulls Head, Cosby & Plough, Littlethorpe 

Mill Hill Enderby is worth a visit in the county 

I like Mill Hill, I live in Earl Shilton now so Cosby and Littlethorpe are accessible enough 

9 hours ago, Stadt said:

The criteria:

Not a big chain

Nice interior

The Rock in Whitwick 

Tap 76 in Ashby 

The spirit vaults in Melbourne 

The Dewdrop Inn Hathern 

Hallcroft tap Shepshed

The Curzon Arms Woodhouse eaves 

Just to start

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lako42 said:

The Rock in Whitwick 

Tap 76 in Ashby 

The spirit vaults in Melbourne 

The Dewdrop Inn Hathern 

Hallcroft tap Shepshed

The Curzon Arms Woodhouse eaves 

Just to start

Cheers, good suggestions.

The Rock is on the list and easily doable.

I’ve had Ashby in the back of my mind for a while (bring on the Ivanhoe line).

Dewdrop and Hallcroft - I’ve never heard of so will look into.

Been to the Curzon, nice pub, excellent food.

Can’t recommend these highly enough. 

I’d never come across them until a friend bought me some recently. 

17CCD433-6CB5-4C7E-A2AC-685548A79F1D.jpeg.358c575deb40c1ce07527aeb91f19365.jpeg

I’ve just ordered a case. They’re not particularly cheap, but I have a 15% off code - drop me a line if you want to treat yourself. 

4 hours ago, Milo said:

Can’t recommend these highly enough. 

I’d never come across them until a friend bought me some recently. 

17CCD433-6CB5-4C7E-A2AC-685548A79F1D.jpeg.358c575deb40c1ce07527aeb91f19365.jpeg

I’ve just ordered a case. They’re not particularly cheap, but I have a 15% off code - drop me a line if you want to treat yourself. 

Send us a code mate, might be a decent pickup for Xmas 

20 hours ago, Stadt said:

Cheers, good suggestions.

The Rock is on the list and easily doable.

I’ve had Ashby in the back of my mind for a while (bring on the Ivanhoe line).

Dewdrop and Hallcroft - I’ve never heard of so will look into.

Been to the Curzon, nice pub, excellent food.

If you go the Hallcroft Tap nip in the Black Swan while you're that way brother; not exotic, more reliable (but v v well kept) beers in a place very much a pub, over the road from Dynamo. Think it's in the GBG.

Likewise Charnwood's other gaff in Mountsorrel is tidy if a bit small with a tendency to get busy - but The Swan in 'sorrel is absolute class. Both better than any of the pubs down the road in Quorn.

• Like 1

Out with work last night but driving. 

In the parcelyard has a decent pint of Guinness followed by a bottle of alcohol free San Miguel, easy to drink but hardly any taste to it. Moved on and switched to Peroni 0% which was bad at all, one of the best non alcoholic drinks I’ve tasted. 

I know I rave about it but Harborough Stores is a top tier shop for beer these days. Was chatting to the owner this afternoon and he's always trying to find the rarest stuff he can from Germany, Belgium and elsewhere. Well worth a trip if you're that side of Leicester.

Picked up a few ales from Farndon Fields Farm Shop too, which has a great selection of stuff from Leicestershire breweries. Will report back later.

• Like 1