Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Unabomber

Your last Pint?

2 minutes ago, westernpark said:

Think he’s landlord at soar point now, if you can class that as being a landlord.

Such a shame man, absolutely no doubt Soar Point does what it does very well but he's wasted there.

Looking forward to nipping into the Salmon when I'm back over Christmas which wasn't quite right since Alex left tbh.

Always have pre match pint at the bowling green, shame it's closed. The food was naff by the end and the beer options predictable, missed the Titanic plum porter they used to serve.

It shouldn't fail given its location, sports crowd and student pull.

Hopefully someone takes its in and make a good go of it.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Such a shame man, absolutely no doubt Soar Point does what it does very well but he's wasted there.

Looking forward to nipping into the Salmon when I'm back over Christmas which wasn't quite right since Alex left tbh.

I will never go into the salmon again. Sadly. 

1 hour ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Most of their own brand cask is reasonable brother; 4.50 tops for Black Band at 5.5%. Kirkstall Pale still sub £4. The keg you're lucky if it's sub a fiver. Think Veltins is bang on £5 same as Virtuous but away from that I dread to think

In all seriousness though that’s still fairly reasonable. I wonder if there’s any trade off on price in their tap room down by ITV? For example, Salt in Saltaire sell their beer off cheap, including the Ossett brewery stuff (if you’ve never been to Saltaire that’s a very good place for a booze up) 

4 minutes ago, Manini said:

In all seriousness though that’s still fairly reasonable. I wonder if there’s any trade off on price in their tap room down by ITV? For example, Salt in Saltaire sell their beer off cheap, including the Ossett brewery stuff (if you’ve never been to Saltaire that’s a very good place for a booze up) 

I live near kirkstall bridge man and I'll wander down the taproom on a Sunday and black band, their priciest cask, is the same price at all three at £4.50. But Kirkstall Pale at any of them is £4 or less and it's a lovely pint. 

Ossett must be doing alright because SALTs are popping up AOTS in town and it's suburbs. Need to go to saltaire my brother 

49 minutes ago, westernpark said:

I will never go into the salmon again. Sadly. 

Ooooo elaborate brother. I remember Mitch leaving was a blow and I left Leicester properly in August / Sept and the new staff just weren't good but the beer choice was still very decent.

Went in there for the France game, ended up being a scrap between some bird and her fella and some older bloke and his family, who were apparently related to the landlord lol seemed like a great pub otherwise.  

Edited by Finnaldo
  • Haha 1

Ossett must be doing alright because SALTs are popping up AOTS in town and it's suburbs. Need to go to saltaire my brother 

Yeah new one on the calls, my mate went in tonight said it’s the same inside as it was when it was stew and oyster but with nicer ales on, but very similar to the gaff by Greek Street. 

The big Salt pub in Saltaire on the crossroads is a class boozer. You’ve got Salt Cellar, don’t tell Titus, tulula’s and ring O’bells in walking distance too. Can’t beat it 

On 16/12/2022 at 22:14, westernpark said:

A few at the black horse and one at the West End Brewery. Got told to stop drinking at bar in WEB(move to a seat), unfortunate interaction that sums up my experience of the place. Will still be a shame when it’s gone.

Always been my feel with WEB. Felt judged in there.