Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Unabomber

Your last Pint?

20 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Fair few most tables were full. It’s a very odd place but very good. Food looked pretty decent too from what I saw.

I know what you mean about it being odd. 

Cant put my finger on why but no windows and the narrow nature maybe 

55 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

I know what you mean about it being odd. 

Cant put my finger on why but no windows and the narrow nature maybe 

Yeah and the fact that it’s a very good real ale pub combined with a cafe serving decent toasties.

You all will like the first part of the sentence and boo the second part.

I had Bristol Beer Factory milk stout at The Tap which was the business before Derby County game last Friday.  

Edited by The Blur

I also went to Nottingham recently and nipped into one of @Miquel The Work Geordie's recommendations The Junkyard Bottle Shop which had a good variety of beers but was leaning fair bit into hipster bar vibe too much.   I also went to Tap House where you pull your own pints but it was quite pricey and again leaning into hipster bar vibe.

Enjoyed Crosskeys pub most of all and had a Castle Rock red ale which was a real winter pleaser.  

Edited by The Blur

3 hours ago, The Blur said:

I also went to Nottingham recently and nipped into one of @Miquel The Work Geordie's recommendations The Junkyard Bottle Shop which had a good variety of beers but was leaning fair bit into hipster bar vibe too much.   I also went to Tap House where you pull your own pints but it was quite pricey and again leaning into hipster bar vibe.

Enjoyed Crosskeys pub most of all and had a Castle Rock red ale which was a real winter pleaser.  

Yeah Junkyard is a bit like that brother, sounds like you'd have liked the Keans Head a stone's throw away tbh! Lovely place. Tap House is a bit naff for me

After the stations immediate vicinity then Sneinton and Canning Circus are probably the best areas for good pockets of close together gaffs but both ever so slightly out the way

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Yeah Junkyard is a bit like that brother, sounds like you'd have liked the Keans Head a stone's throw away tbh! Lovely place. Tap House is a bit naff for me

After the stations immediate vicinity then Sneinton and Canning Circus are probably the best areas for good pockets of close together gaffs but both ever so slightly out the way

Dipping into a wide variety of gaffs are all part of adventure indeed! 

Don't mean to sound little ungrateful in my original post- cheers for the recommendations and keep them coming friend.