Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Unabomber

Your last Pint?

My mate has alerted me to a boozer in London called Sutton Arms, Clerkenwell. Anyone of this persuasion been? 

One pub rarely mentioned here in London today is Stormbird. At first I didn’t know what to think of it, it’s chaos but one night I had a proper cracker in there 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

My mate has alerted me to a boozer in London called Sutton Arms, Clerkenwell. Anyone of this persuasion been? 

One pub rarely mentioned here in London today is Stormbird. At first I didn’t know what to think of it, it’s chaos but one night I had a proper cracker in there 

Sutton Arms is world class, old boy and his lad run it – really brilliant pub man. One I'll always try and nip in if I'm ever working down there then round the corner to the Old Fountain

28 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Yes went a few times over summer when sessions arts club down the road was THE place, nice pub.

heard of stormbird but never been, that part of south London is depressing 

Bottle of Banks (not the Black Country one) at a bar in Rockley Beach, Barbados.

They seem to have a new brand called Deputy that wasn't about when I visited before, plus no doubt I'll have an obligatory bottle of Guinness Export (or whatever it's called) at some point while I'm here.

On 15/01/2023 at 07:21, Voll Blau said:

Bottle of Banks (not the Black Country one) at a bar in Rockley Beach, Barbados.

They seem to have a new brand called Deputy that wasn't about when I visited before, plus no doubt I'll have an obligatory bottle of Guinness Export (or whatever it's called) at some point while I'm here.

Found an independent brewery here called Dread Hop. Had a South Coast pale ale which made a change from the other stuff.

Had a day in Leeds with a lass from work I'm working the patented miquel charm on who has fallen for a jawline you could cut diamonds on - went SALT on Calls Landing first and tbf they've done a great job with it, had a great pint of White Rat. Then Lamb and Flag for a roast which wa Susan, then Belgrave and Friends of Ham. Just having one on my own now in Whitelocks, a North Riding Bakewell stout and it's giving me a roddy, and I'm not talking Stewart!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

Where did you go?

The Black Horse - £5.70 for a thoroughly average pint of American Pale and £4.15 for an Old Original (Cask should not be over £4, especially when they brew it themselves) 

The Western - Ever so slightly cheaper for the Keg and more expensive for the Old Original!!

1 minute ago, Lako42 said:

The Black Horse - £5.70 for a thoroughly average pint of American Pale and £4.15 for an Old Original (Cask should not be over £4, especially when they brew it themselves) 

The Western - Ever so slightly cheaper for the Keg and more expensive for the Old Original!!

Yeah that's a crap price.