Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Unabomber

Your last Pint?

11 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Nothing wrong with the NED. Jam pot or ODBH near bank if you want a pub pub 

NED won't go down too well on expenses, thanks I'll take a look at both of the others.

Edited by Tommy G
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Tommy G said:

Anything decent near Euston or Bank (Dont suggest the NED!)

If you’re near Bank then the Anthologist is worth a shout, or a wander over to the place in Leadenhall Market. Usually a good vibe there. 

Edited by Milo
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

Having a mini detox for a few weeks as I didn't in January like I normally would, but noticed Black Fox from Charnwood Brewery on tap in The Horse (Shepshed) that I'm looking forward to sampling soon.

Charnwood make excellent quality beer 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

Having a mini detox for a few weeks as I didn't in January like I normally would, but noticed Black Fox from Charnwood Brewery on tap in The Horse (Shepshed) that I'm looking forward to sampling soon.

Great food Served in The Horse. Best Pizza in the area when it’s on.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Bars, pubs and restaurants absolutely 

Cool I there’s junkyard golf and flight club too. Thinking of going there for an afternoon with a few mates before my stag later this year. We are in London for a day before we go so trying to decide on a decent area.

6 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Cool I there’s junkyard golf and flight club too. Thinking of going there for an afternoon with a few mates before my stag later this year. We are in London for a day before we go so trying to decide on a decent area.

Yeah be a good shout. Lots of things like that. 

Old Fountain is a superb boozer nearby Old Street station. Flatiron great for a steak. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

London folks, is Shoreditch good for bars/pubs and things to do?

Hipster central, so start growing your handlebar moustache (moustaches?) now! 

Lots to do there and accessible for the rest of London. Box park as a meeting point and then onwards. Dishoom is epic for food. 

Re pre-stag, have you thought of Bermondsey Beer Mile?
Or I did a Monopoly pub crawl a couple of years ago. Took 2 days, though, and I was fvcked for a week afterwards, so maybe have a think before you commit.

I can send the pub/monopoly list if you’re interested. 

27 minutes ago, Milo said:

Hipster central, so start growing your handlebar moustache (moustaches?) now! 

Lots to do there and accessible for the rest of London. Box park as a meeting point and then onwards. Dishoom is epic for food. 

Re pre-stag, have you thought of Bermondsey Beer Mile?
Or I did a Monopoly pub crawl a couple of years ago. Took 2 days, though, and I was fvcked for a week afterwards, so maybe have a think before you commit.

I can send the pub/monopoly list if you’re interested. 

We were looking at the beer mile and still might however it’s a Wednesday and some are closed and others open late. Although this may change in August, not sure.

Yeah please send that monopoly, sounds good. 

2 hours ago, Unabomber said:

We were looking at the beer mile and still might however it’s a Wednesday and some are closed and others open late. Although this may change in August, not sure.

Yeah please send that monopoly, sounds good. 

Ah - midweek isn't likely to work on the Beer Mile

Have a look at the attached - I assume details are still correct, but best check as this was (just) pre-covid 

Monopoly Board FINAL.pdf

Had some fantastic pints pre / post football yesterday after a few weeks off. SALT on Calls Landing, Bankers Cat and Brewery Tap pre game, a gaff in Guiseley called Coopers which was great then back to Leeds in Brownhill and Co. 

Got some beauties lined up for Manchester next weekend

• Like 1

Introducing Tiger to three Bochum fans in the Rutland & Derby last night.

Germans usually wince when they taste it, but these didn't. They also seemed to enjoy the Braybrooke Helles in the Two-Tailed Lion, which I guess is a bit more familiar for their tastebuds.

• Like 2