Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Unabomber

Your last Pint?

On 12/02/2023 at 19:40, Voll Blau said:

Introducing Tiger to three Bochum fans in the Rutland & Derby last night.

Germans usually wince when they taste it, but these didn't. They also seemed to enjoy the Braybrooke Helles in the Two-Tailed Lion, which I guess is a bit more familiar for their tastebuds.

Really is a lovely drink.

• Like 2

In Birmingham for work and had my first experience of a desi pub tonight. ****. Me.

Hen’s and Chickens. 

If I opened one of those in Leeds I’d make an absolute killing. Class that it’s clearly a brum/West Midlands “thing” though. Brings a bit of character. 

10 hours ago, Manini said:

In Birmingham for work and had my first experience of a desi pub tonight. ****. Me.

Hen’s and Chickens. 

If I opened one of those in Leeds I’d make an absolute killing. Class that it’s clearly a brum/West Midlands “thing” though. Brings a bit of character. 

I’m there Friday. Continually amazed they haven’t caught up elsewhere 

11 hours ago, Manini said:

Hen’s and Chickens. 

Was it good? Looking on their website and it looks class 

42 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

I’m there Friday. Continually amazed they haven’t caught up elsewhere 

Was saying that to my mate, he was amazed it wasn’t something you see elsewhere. I’ll be going back for sure. Also been recommended Soho Tavern so I’ll have to try there too when I’m back. 

6 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Was it good? Looking on their website and it looks class 

Yeah really good. Mixed grill was piping hot and fresh, had the footy on and a big beer selection to choose from. Don’t think it was that expensive for the absolute mountain of food you get too. 

3 hours ago, Manini said:

Was saying that to my mate, he was amazed it wasn’t something you see elsewhere. I’ll be going back for sure. Also been recommended Soho Tavern so I’ll have to try there too when I’m back. 

Yeah another good one too. We used to order from there at lunch with work in midst of covid lockdowns 

On 07/02/2023 at 13:24, Stuntman_Mike said:

Having a mini detox for a few weeks as I didn't in January like I normally would, but noticed Black Fox from Charnwood Brewery on tap in The Horse (Shepshed) that I'm looking forward to sampling soon.

Went in and they've taken it off! Had to settle for Guinness.

Looking forward to going Burton tomorrow, we're doing the brewery tour and gonna sample some pubs.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

Looking forward to going Burton tomorrow, we're doing the brewery tour and gonna sample some pubs.

The Roebuck, Devonshire Arms and Coopers Tavern are all good gaffs within spitting distance of each other.

10 hours ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

Brewery has a decent pub theme escape room which was a good fun if you can squeeze that in lad.  

• Like 1