Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Unabomber

Your last Pint?

18 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

2 pints of black heart in brewdog 

Not too bad tbh. 

Now on a nice milk stout as wanted a tad more sweetness tonight in my aim of forgetting another wank day at the footy

20230311_133712.jpg

Surely they've got something at around the 12% mark?  That's what you need after today.

49 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

Not too bad tbh. 

Now on a nice milk stout as wanted a tad more sweetness tonight in my aim of forgetting another wank day at the footy

20230311_133712.jpg

Where's the rest of it, I like a vicars collar but that's simply takin the biscuit!

• Like 2

Did some absolute rip snorters in Manchester today, obviously a LEEDS TIL I DIE boy but **** me you're spoilt for choice there. 

Did Cask, Gas Lamp, City Arms, Beer Moth, Crown and Kettle, Bar Fringe and Smithfield before the rattler back. Missed a few I've done a few times before like the pev and GB but fell in love about 15 times with girls with square fringes in the northern quarter 

Edited by Miquel The Work Geordie
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

55 minutes ago, CWC1983 said:

Multiple Guiness in Barrow 3 crowns watching the rugby this afternoon.

Not bad at £4 a go. 

I'm not sure if they are trying to turn it into a desipub, but its not quite what it was with the old owners. 

Surprised if they are trying to change it tbh, used to work literally over the road from it in 17/18 and it seemed a busy enough pub with its own place in Barrow. Maybe trying to get a point of difference in before Charnwood move in up the road but its survived for ages doing what it does and should welcome more boozers, especially given the no2 bus service basically goes nowhere now. Might mean more people just think they can have a night in Barrow rather than buggering off elsewhere.

• Like 1

A couple pints of Rocky from Shiny brewery at the Blue Boar post-match. Really must get to their taproom as it's just up the road from me.

Also had a Helles from some Manchester brewery in the Two-Tailed Lion and tried a bottle of the Braybrooke/Round Corner smokey lager collaboration. Good work from both ends of the B6047.

12 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Where's the rest of it, I like a vicars collar but that's simply takin the biscuit!

Agreed. 

The service was shit tbh. One lad on the bar rushed off his feet so couldn't be arsed. 2nd one was better 

9 hours ago, westernpark said:

A pint of Heddonism at Kettering Town. Outrageously good for 3.40. First home league game, bar Covid, that I’ve missed since 2015. And I’m so pleased I did.

Know a Chorley fan who was there as well. Likes his ale so think he'll have enjoyed it. Looked a dramatic game too!

13 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Know a Chorley fan who was there as well. Likes his ale so think he'll have enjoyed it. Looked a dramatic game too!

There weren’t many of them! But it was a good game, Chorley were lucky with the point. Potbelly Brewery are quite good.

16 hours ago, Lako42 said:

Not too bad tbh. 

20230311_133712.jpg

Probably the busiest I’ve seen that brewdog gaff in a while when I walked past pre game yesterday

20 minutes ago, goody2028 said:

Probably the busiest I’ve seen that brewdog gaff in a while when I walked past pre game yesterday

There seemed to be quite a few Cheksea in different pubs yesterday. One of the fanbases who seem to look up where to have a drink rather than just sticking to the "away pubs".

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Surprised if they are trying to change it tbh, used to work literally over the road from it in 17/18 and it seemed a busy enough pub with its own place in Barrow. Maybe trying to get a point of difference in before Charnwood move in up the road but its survived for ages doing what it does and should welcome more boozers, especially given the no2 bus service basically goes nowhere now. Might mean more people just think they can have a night in Barrow rather than buggering off elsewhere.

I think the previous owners were struggling to turn a profit due to the rent & increase in energy prices.

She now does food out of the white Hart in Quorn I believe.

It does feel strange it's trying to find it's way as a curry house after being a village pub for so long, time will tell if it does well.

I didn't know you were a vicar at the trinity church 😂

Enjoyed the Black heart yesterday so went a but mental today and picked up a Guinness nitrosurge and a 12 pack to see if it would work

Bloody ace. And a 440 can fits in my Hovels glass (nicked in hamburg) nicely. 

Will enjoy a few with the golf. 

20230312_165517.jpg

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

A couple pints of Rocky from Shiny brewery at the Blue Boar post-match. Really must get to their taproom as it's just up the road from me.

Also had a Helles from some Manchester brewery in the Two-Tailed Lion and tried a bottle of the Braybrooke/Round Corner smokey lager collaboration. Good work from both ends of the B6047.

TTL was rammed yesterday cos of the Cloudwater takeover. 

On the whole, yesterday was pretty crap for a day in Leicester. 

Tried Brewdog - **** me it’s terrible now. Two staff for the entire day - one who was supposed to be on ‘kitchen’ duty with the pizzas but kept having to help out. Left because I hadn’t been served for 15 minutes. No guest beer either now 

Thought the Cloudwater’s in TTL tasted a bit off - at least two of the Keg taps were too warm. 

Sommar - yep great, got Mill Hill on, very decent but it’s a very strange vibe in there. Very strange. 

Other half had her 30th at the Globe - every pint in there is now touching £6. 

Edited by CosbehFox