Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Unabomber

Your last Pint?

@Stadtlocal lad who I was there with a few weeks ago took me to The Bull and there was another he mentioned called The Gunmakers (which is close by, they’re both behind snow hill). I’ve obviously never met you but from seeing you post on here I reckon you might like The Bull. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Manini said:

@Stadtlocal lad who I was there with a few weeks ago took me to The Bull and there was another he mentioned called The Gunmakers (which is close by, they’re both behind snow hill). I’ve obviously never met you but from seeing you post on here I reckon you might like The Bull. 

The Bull, famously was the battleground for a hooli scrap 8 years ago between City and Villa. 

Developers trying to claim that neck of the woods will be the next Jewellery Quarter and name it the Gun Quarter lol

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, Stadt said:

Looking into Birmingham pubs, are all jewellery quarter pubs/bars the exact same - former industrial space, exposed brick, craft beer?

Black Eagle looks great, trying to plan route back into Brum after it

Red Lion and Jewellers Arms are more traditional. Clifden used to be but jumped shark with the Church similar too. 

Queens Arms in between the city and JQ is decent too. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

The Bull, famously was the battleground for a hooli scrap 8 years ago between City and Villa. 

Developers trying to claim that neck of the woods will be the next Jewellery Quarter and name it the Gun Quarter lol

Was a rough old area by the looks of it like. Old school gaff The Bull though, interesting place to look at/drink in. 

One of the saddest 'departures' in Birmingham recently has been the Old Royal converting itself to the Royal and trying to get in the office crowd. 

The Old Royal was a carpet floor of a pub - didn't offer much in the way of choice but had sports on all day. Was one of the few places you could hide away from the corporate crowd and still get change from a fiver. The owners have refurbished it - aiming at corporates now, got that vibe a lot of pubs near train stations in London has. 

20 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

One of the saddest 'departures' in Birmingham recently has been the Old Royal converting itself to the Royal and trying to get in the office crowd. 

The Old Royal was a carpet floor of a pub - didn't offer much in the way of choice but had sports on all day. Was one of the few places you could hide away from the corporate crowd and still get change from a fiver. The owners have refurbished it - aiming at corporates now, got that vibe a lot of pubs near train stations in London has. 

Sounds exactly like what's happened to the Royal Standard in Leicester then.

2 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

Sounds exactly like what's happened to the Royal Standard in Leicester then.

Yeah very similar - you aren’t getting a good pint other than Guinness or Timothy Taylor but you’ll be free of some out of touch nob and their opinions. 

Was a big fan of how the head barmen would dismiss anyone who’d ask silly questions 

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

@Miquel The Work Geordie finally got our digs sorted. Absolutely nowhere near where we were originally looking. Will be living in Horsforth from next month.

Gonna be needing some NW Leeds pub recommendations from our West Yorks posters.

Think he got banned for being a troll, just really disappointing behaviour from him tbqh!

3 hours ago, Finnegan said:

@Miquel The Work Geordie finally got our digs sorted. Absolutely nowhere near where we were originally looking. Will be living in Horsforth from next month.

Gonna be needing some NW Leeds pub recommendations from our West Yorks posters.

Horsforth is lovely brother, one of the places on my list of potential buying deatinations! I'm just down the road in Kirkstall next to Headingley station, got a Susan Perb local in the Kirkstall Bridge.

Horsforth itself has got some decent gaffs in the Old Kings Arms, Town St Tavern, Granvilles, Malt Brewhouse. There's a funny German / Belgian gaff called Little Monk thats got a decent selection too if it's your bag

• Thanks 1